Start by marking “The Notorious Lord (Bluestocking Brides, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Notorious Lord (Bluestocking Brides, #1)

The Notorious Lord (Bluestocking Brides #1)

3.45  ·  Rating Details  ·  210 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews

The sight of Cory, Lord Newlyn, rising naked from the Midwinter river, is enough to send ripples of shock through Rachel Odell's carefully ordered life. He has always been a friend, although now she's aware of him as a man--an exceedingly handsome man. But she can't possibly entertain romantic ideas about this adventure seeker...and rogue.

It does appear that Cory is waging

294 pages
Published 2005 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Notorious Lord, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Notorious Lord

Kinga
Jul 05, 2016 Kinga rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rachel and Cory have been friends for years and she never considered him "in those terms". That is until she suddenly, accidentally sees him naked. From then on she is all hot and bothered.

It's a good thing young boys don't read this kind of books because what kind of message is it sending? That unsolicited dick pics might actually work and take you out the dreaded 'friend zone' if you only get the angle right?

Anyway, Rachel and Cory dance around each other for most of the book because even tho
Leslie
Jun 11, 2015 Leslie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
La temática de la historia me pareció muy pero muy buena. Dos amigos de la infancia se vuelven a reencontrar de una manera no muy comúnen y se enamoran a pesar de si mismos. Eso podría resumir la historia y hacerla parecer centrada totalmente en el romance pero no, de hecho una de las cosas que más me gustó es que la autora le pone una especie de misterio por resolver. Desenmascarar a una o a un espía que está filtrando información a los franceses y para rematar el libro se centra en mi época fa ...more
Joycee
My second full novel by Ms. Cornick ... liked this one, too. It was a sweet love story with just enough heat (and it came at a plausible time ... not like the protagonists went at it "lust-at-first-sight" style). I look forward to the rest of this series, too!
Michelle Connolly
I got this book as a free bonus story when I bought "The Last Rake in London" and was very glad I did. I loved it!
Titinha Scaeiro
3,5*

Gostei... Para primeiro livro da autora, gostei!
Jami
Jul 22, 2014 Jami rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed it very much. I have read multiple books by Ms. Cornick. I could tell in reading it that it was one of her first. In newer ones she would have wrapped up the big plot point of who the spy was and found other plot points for the other two books. That was the only thing that irked me. I found the characters to be well written and I could relate to them. It was heart warming. I felt like it was a believable situation. I can't wait to read the few books by her I have yet to read! Looking f ...more
Mayu
Esta novela fue una decepción total, esperaba muchísimas cosas de ella, sobre todo, mucha seducción pero también grandes escenas entre los protagonistas. Se supone que Cory y Rachel están muy unidos, son mejores amigos, y siempre se han querido, pues... esa es la sinopsis. La realidad es otra cosa. Durante el transcurso de esta novela descubrimos que no hay absolutamente ninguna clase de intimidad ni confianza entre ambos, no son los mejores amigos que se nos vendía. Y el enamoramiento... lo vi ...more
Jan 14, 2016 Laura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 2015, 2016
I liked Rachel and I appreciated the reasons she didn't want to get with him, but the whole book was him being +100 patient with her while she ran in the other direction, so. I did like all the supporting characters, including her treasure-hunting mom and dad, and all the ladies and gentlemen in the village who interacted off and on. Sequels are a'comin'!
Alisha
Jul 13, 2016 Alisha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.65
Angela Montgomery
May 07, 2013 Angela Montgomery rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I will admit to reading books like these not very attentively. (Especially since I use them to fill all the empty hours I spend in airplanes and airports, and average 2 a day when travelling.) But I think I missed something fundamental. Who was the freaking spy?? They mention one possibility, but it's never followed up on. Otherwise, a sweet romance with a very likeable heroine.
Tasneem
Jan 29, 2012 Tasneem rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: regency
I really enjoyed this story. She is a lovely heroine, and he is masterful. I really enjoyed how she negotiated the place of women. The novel ponders the questions of whether a woman should give up all her dreams to follow the man she loves, or can a man sacrifice his dreams for her, or does love mean truly compromising and finding a happy medium. Nicely done.
Ellen B.
Because it's the first of a trilogy, a major plot point goes unresolved. More frustrating, because I probably won't bother to read the other two. The actual romance aspects of it were pretty good, though.
Christina Pikas
Dec 05, 2013 Christina Pikas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Much better than her previous books: more complex story, more developed characters
Christy English
Dec 03, 2011 Christy English rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Early Nicola is good Nicola. :)
Elle
Sep 21, 2011 Elle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This one was a little slow for me.
Jasey
Feb 02, 2012 Jasey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blue Stocking Brides 1st of 3
Vmontgzz
Una buena novela.
Saadatu
Saadatu marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2016
Gio
Gio rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2016
Missy
Missy marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Geninia Honore
Geninia Honore marked it as to-read
Afrah
Afrah marked it as to-read
Ashlyn
Ashlyn marked it as to-read
Teresa
Teresa rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2016
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
Donna S
Donna S marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
Natdcat
Natdcat rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2016
Reny MAriyam
Reny MAriyam marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
  • The Vanishing Viscountess
  • A Compromised Lady
  • Once Upon A Diamond
  • Duke of Scandal (Duke Trilogy, #2)
  • When a Duke Says I Do (Lords and Ladies, #1)
  • The Shocking Lord Standon (Scandalous Ravenhursts, #3)
  • In the Thrill of the Night (Merry Widows, #1)
  • Shadow Dance
  • The Return Of The Prodigal (Romney Marsh #6)
  • The Diary Of Cozette
  • An Honorable Thief
  • One Unashamed Night (Wellinghams, #2)
  • An Indecent Proposition
  • What an Earl Wants
  • Fever Dreams (Paradise, #4)
  • Once Upon a Wedding Night (The Derrings, #1)
  • An Improper Aristocrat
  • Falling in Love Again
International bestselling author Nicola Cornick writes romantic historical mysteries and witty and passionate Regency romance. She studied History at London and Oxford and was awarded a distinction for her dissertation on historical heroes. It was a tough study but someone had to do it. Nicola has a “double life” as a writer and guide at the stunning 17th century hunting lodge, Ashdown House.

Nicol
More about Nicola Cornick...

Bluestocking Brides (5 books)
  • One Night of Scandal (Bluestocking Brides, #2)
  • The Rake's Mistress (Bluestocking Brides, #3)
  • Christmas Wedding Belles: The Pirate's Kiss/ A Smuggler's Tale/ The Sailor's Bride  (Includes: Bluestocking Brides #3,5)
  • The Last Rake In London (Bluestocking Brides, #4)