Start by marking “Ultra Maniac, Vol. 05” as Want to Read:
Ultra Maniac, Vol. 05

Ultra Maniac, Vol. 05 (Ultra Maniac #5)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  1,126 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Shy Ayu Tateishi has just made a new friend at school. But this new friend, much to her surprise, is no ordinary classmate. Nina Sakura may look like a normal middle school girl, but she's got a big secret.She's a witch.
Published March 7th 2006 by VIZ Media LLC (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Ultra Maniac, Vol. 05, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ultra Maniac, Vol. 05

Sesana
This is the end of the series, and I have to say that I really liked how it ended. The second to last chapter is the original, intended ending, and it's bittersweet. The actual last chapter is an epilogue, set three years later, and it wraps up the characters' stories nicely. Overall, I really enjoyed this series for the characters, the light romance, the magical backdrop, and the pretty art.
Visually, this series doesn't disappoint, but like other reviewers have said, there were many things that did (such as Nina's inability to use the pronoun "I", or the somewhat weak "traveling" ending, and what was with that epilogue? why throw another character in for no reason?).

I read the series because it was cute and fun and mostly, it's short. Not something you always find in manga series that drag on for 15+ volumes before they even get into something good...(I think we can all name some o
Sylvia
This is one of my favorite series of manga. Its sad that it had to end here.
Helena
sigh...such a good series :D
**SO in lala land** :P
Douglas Cootey
This was a good series marred by two things for me: 1) Too large a cast without a lot of character development and 2) an ending that was fragmented and rather dull.

The story telling was solid since Wataru Yoshizumi was a seasoned mangaka by this point. And the situations were often funny. Also, the art was adorable. Nina Sakura was a cute character. I just felt the story felt thin compared to Marmalade Boy. This, I believe, was due to the simplistic conflicts. It was a story about a inept magica
Kimberly
I would have given this only two stars if the art wasn't this great. I think Ultra Maniac is not the best title for a book about a girl that is a witch who wants to help people. When my friend first mentioned it to me, I did not envision a manga like this.
Nina's vocabulary also irritated me, from the way that she refers to herself. Saying "Nina" instead of "I" every time she wanted to refer to herself bothered me a lot because I felt that eventually she would learn how to speak properly.
Vivian
Oct 14, 2008 Vivian rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Vivian by: Friend
This book was fantastic because it talks about a girl who's a witch and has magic powers. She's a very nice witch who helps her friends with magic if needed. She had to go back to the magic kingdom for training to become an even better witch, but she wouldn't be able to see her friends as much as she use to anymore. After a couple of years of training, she became an amazing witch so she returns to the human world and got to see her friends again.
❅ (t.c) (hiatus: school)
Haha, I read this in elementary school and still remember my hype over it. Lol, what did I do to my childhood xD
MySF Short  Short Reviews
You can read our short review over here.
Qiana King
This is the best book in the series.Cute, funny, and a bit sad, I think it all tied it together very nicely.
Jess
Jan 15, 2009 Jess rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Amy
Aug 20, 2009 Amy added it
Ultra Maniac, Volume 5 (v. 5) by Wataru Yoshizumi (2006)
Michelle
Dec 17, 2007 Michelle rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Manga lovers
An awesome ending to a fantastic series. :-)
Onaleigh Bryans
Beautiful end to the story!
♥Justine♥
Linda
Jun 22, 2011 Linda rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Manga LOVERS
SOOOO good! NINA ROX!!!! XD
Molly
Absolutely loved this series.
cubbie
what a cute end to the story!
Jessica
My favorite of the series!
Amanda
Jul 25, 2011 Kim rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
cute.
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Jumi
Jumi added it
Apr 28, 2015
  • Kamichama Karin, Vol. 03
  • 1/2 Wedding (1/2, Vol. 3)
  • Tokyo Mew Mew, Vol. 5 (Tokyo Mew Mew, #5)
  • Full Moon O Sagashite, Vol. 05
  • Alice 19th, Vol. 4 (Alice 19th, #4)
  • Mamotte! Lollipop, Vol. 06
  • Beauty Pop, Vol. 5 (Beauty Pop, #5)
  • Zodiac P.I., Vol. 4 (Zodiac P.I., #4)
  • Captive Hearts, Vol. 05 (Captive Hearts, #5)
  • Black Cat: A Carefree Tomorrow, Vol. 20 (Black Cat, #20)
Wataru Yoshizumi (吉住渉, Yoshizumi Wataru) is a Japanese mangaka. She was born as Mari Nakai (中井 真里, Nakai Mari) on June 18, 1963 in Tokyo, Japan. She graduated with a degree in economics from Hitotsubashi University.

Yoshizumi started her career as a mangaka while working as an office lady. Her debut manga was a yomikiri (short story) called "Radical Romance" that was published in 1984, in the summe
More about Wataru Yoshizumi...

Ultra Maniac (5 books)
  • Ultra Maniac, Vol. 01
  • Ultra Maniac, Vol. 02
  • Ultra Maniac, Vol. 03
  • Ultra Maniac, Vol. 04
Marmalade Boy, Vol. 1 (Marmalade Boy, #1) Ultra Maniac, Vol. 01 Marmalade Boy, Vol. 5 (Marmalade Boy, #5) Ultra Maniac, Vol. 02 Marmalade Boy, Vol. 2 (Marmalade Boy, #2)