Start by marking “Ultra Maniac, Vol. 04” as Want to Read:
Ultra Maniac, Vol. 04

Ultra Maniac, Vol. 04 (Ultra Maniac #4)

4.2  ·  Rating Details ·  1,787 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Unfortunately, Nina is finding out that going to school on Earth is a lot more complicated than she first thought. Not everybody is glad to have a spunky (and cute) witch flitting about campus. A girl named Sayaka, for example, has recently become obsessed with Nina. A half-witch herself, Sayaka is jealous that her new classmate is stealing all the attention away from her. ...more
Published January 3rd 2006 by VIZ Media LLC (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Ultra Maniac, Vol. 04, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ultra Maniac, Vol. 04

Rapunzel's Revenge by Shannon HaleThe Stonekeeper by Kazu KibuishiGakuen Alice, Vol. 01 by Tachibana HiguchiLife Sucks by Jessica AbelFruits Basket, Vol. 2 by Natsuki Takaya
Great Graphic Novels for Teens? 2007-2008
62nd out of 161 books — 181 voters
Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 01 by Kanan MinamiKare Kano by Masami TsudaPeach Girl, Vol. 1 by Miwa UedaStrawberry Marshmallow Volume 2 by BarasuiUltra Maniac, Vol. 03 by Wataru Yoshizumi
Boring Manga
28th out of 108 books — 10 voters

More lists with this book...

Sesana
May 07, 2012 Sesana rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, fantasy, comics, magic
An actual villain appears, in the form of a resentful girl who has her own issues with magic. Her reaction is a little more understandable when I remember how young she is (middle school), but she's still hard to take in the story. It was nice to see Nina apparently improving her abilities as a witch, though.
Jul 28, 2015 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Wow : ) I Loved this volume! : ) its really good! : ) and wow, Nina's got some competition for Hiroki, as Sayaka likes him too, but he already asked Nina out, and someone is watching Nina, spying on her too, oh boy! can't wait to read volume 5! : ) love this manga series! : )
Natalie
Ultra Maniac sits on the border between children's manga and YA - packed with humor, the romance aspect is light and fun. The art is gorgeous and fits well with the lighthearted, cutesy plot.

Volume four expands on Sayaka's story; though she's been dating Yuta for a bit, readers don't know much about her until now: (view spoiler)
Jiyun
Jun 02, 2015 Jiyun rated it really liked it
Nina changes from happy to sad. She has magic powers and lives on earth because she is kicked out of the magic kingdom. However, she finds out that that she got selected to a advanced magic school and becomes sad and doesn't want to leave her friends. Then she tells her friend "But Nina doesn't want to leave her friends" (156). This shows that she will miss everyone and would have stay in the magic kingdom, until she would graduate a few years later.
Ceejay
Aug 26, 2016 Ceejay rated it it was amazing
This excellent manga series continues in volume four! This volume centers primarily on one of the main characters who has a secret so big, that that character turns on the others! This series may be rated All Ages, but it is a delight to read. It's a story that is hard to be put down. It's a must read manga!
Timothy Stone
Oct 21, 2015 Timothy Stone rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Volume 4 of Ultra Maniac is a fun ride despite a few issues. One is how I'm a bit divided in my reaction to the heart-warming forgiveness the main characters show to Sayaka. The other is how Sayaka claims to be sincerely sorry but acts selfish and not sorry. It bugged me.

The manga volume ended with a fun manga short story that was a "travelogue" of the mangaka, and two of her friends (fellow mangaka, I think) on a vacation trip to Kenya. Fun stuff, though I am saddened when I think of how such k
RoseChen
May 09, 2016 RoseChen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
It's a good book. I've read the whole series.
Bobby
Sep 07, 2015 Bobby rated it liked it
3.5
Connie
Nov 28, 2008 Connie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: catherine , angel, marisa, elaine
Recommended to Connie by: jenny li
School on earth is more complicated than Nina thought. Not everyone wants a cute witch prancing about in school, especially Sayaka, a half-witch. Not only that, but Tetsushi's best friend Hiroki knows Ninas's secret: she's a witch!
Emma
Nov 03, 2008 Emma rated it it was amazing
OK I must say that this is even better then 1, 2, and 3. Oh, and if you read it make sure not to skip the fun segnament, it is really funny1 Made me laugh out loud!
MySF Reviews
Apr 17, 2013 MySF Reviews rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
You can read our short review over here.
Jess
Mar 09, 2009 Jess rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Funny animae book with more magic mishtief. This one has got to be my favorite mangas.
Starlight
Feb 28, 2013 Starlight rated it it was amazing
I love this book! Amazing drawings, great dialogue and an amazing story
Qiana King
May 31, 2011 Qiana King rated it it was amazing
Very cute, and in one part, epic--Nina used magic without a PC!
Amy
Aug 20, 2009 Amy added it
Ultra Maniac, Volume 4 (v. 4) by Wataru Yoshizumi (2006)
Amanda
Jun 17, 2013 Amanda rated it liked it
Not the best and I feel like this volume was really short.
Helena
Dec 05, 2008 Helena rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
omg theres a BAD witch in this book
♥Justine♥
Jun 16, 2011 ♥Justine♥ rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
I just love this manga series!
Kenley
Sep 06, 2008 Kenley rated it it was amazing
my favorite in the series.
Onaleigh Bryans
Mar 04, 2013 Onaleigh Bryans rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
More intersting story line.
Kagome
Kagome marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2016
GreenCreamLD
GreenCreamLD marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
Justine
Justine rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2016
Claudia
Claudia rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2016
Trin
Trin marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
Tonya
Tonya rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2016
Ruby
Ruby added it
Sep 11, 2016
  • Tokyo Mew Mew, Vol. 2 (Tokyo Mew Mew, #2)
  • 1/2 Ceremony (1/2, Vol. 2)
  • Zodiac P.I., Vol. 4 (Zodiac P.I., #4)
  • Full Moon O Sagashite, Vol. 7
  • Beauty Pop, Vol. 3 (Beauty Pop, #3)
  • Alice 19th, Vol. 2 (Alice 19th, #2)
  • Mamotte! Lollipop, Vol. 06
  • Mixed Vegetables, Vol. 3 (Mixed Vegetables, #3)
  • Kamichama Karin, Vol. 02
  • Gals! (Super Gals)  Vol. 6
Wataru Yoshizumi (吉住渉, Yoshizumi Wataru) is a Japanese mangaka. She was born as Mari Nakai (中井 真里, Nakai Mari) on June 18, 1963 in Tokyo, Japan. She graduated with a degree in economics from Hitotsubashi University.

Yoshizumi started her career as a mangaka while working as an office lady. Her debut manga was a yomikiri (short story) called "Radical Romance" that was published in 1984, in the summe
More about Wataru Yoshizumi...

Ultra Maniac (5 books)