Start by marking “One Night Stand (Little Black Dress)” as Want to Read:
One Night Stand (Little Black Dress)
Preview

One Night Stand (Little Black Dress)

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  379 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Eleanor Connor may have written lots of steamy novels, but her own life is more mundane. But then one night she makes a one-night-only conquest of her own, only to wake up alone, a bit repentant, and as she later realises, very pregnant.
Published January 10th 2008 (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about One Night Stand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Night Stand

Gokce ~Muslin Myst~
One Night Stand was a one day read for me :) I don't exactly remember reading any book this fast and determined for a long time. It was an easy read, it was funny, it was sad at times and there were a few surprises that I did not expect sprinkled here and there. Overall, it was a book that I enjoyed a lot.

I've never read anything by Julie Cohen before so I had no idea about her writing style but I did consider this book to be a chick lit before I started it, maybe because it's the cover or the s
Natasja
Eleanor Connor is an erotica novel writer and is also working at the local bar. Her relationship with her family isn’t too bright full and she will makes sure that she doesn’t turns up like her mother. Then one night she does the very thing she always avoids, getting drunk with a gorgeous customer and have a one-night stand. When she wakes up the next morning with a huge hangover and only a few memories from the night before, she realize that they haven’t use a condom.

When she finally discovers
RLA
I think I am in love with Julie Cohen's writing. This is another great book of hers, which literally had me at hello!

I read a lot of romance novels (you have probably realised that by now!) so the whole one-night-stand-leads-to-pregnancy theme is nothing new. However this one is a slightly different take on it, and I applaud Julie Cohen for exploring the difficult and darker side of this aspect of life.

I'm sure we all know [of] someone who has been in this situation, and not knowing who, or wher
Fluffychick
Woul like to give it 4.5 really...and it only loses that as it took a while for me get into the story and characters. Good fun - totally predictable, but well written and after a slowish start gets going at a fair pace. Thought the character of June was a bit weak and stereotypical but I really enjoyed it.
Ratna
i like this book because..
1) u might never know what will happen even if it is only a one night stand
2) u might never know who u should cherish for ur entire life [even he/she is ur bestest friend] until he/she is not in ur sight anymore
3) u will learn to appreciate those who is there beside u all the time but u never noticed before
4) money and glam never meant to be the only thing to sought after for ur life partner

i simply love this book..especially when i'm bored.
J
I don't know why I ever took a break from reading Little Black Dress books. Sure, they all end the same. But it's the journey that counts. And this one is one of the good ones. Julie Cohen certainly has a way with words.
Pınar
4.5

Yorumun aslı için

Artemis yayınlarından çıkan "Küçük siyah elbise" adlı seriden okuduğum 2. kitap Tek Gecelik Aşk oldu. İlk kitap gibi yine çok severek okudum.

Eleanor Connor'un tek gecelik bir ilişki sonucunda hamile kalmasını konu alan kitap kesinlikle romantik komedi filmleri tadında. Okurken rahatlıkla Katherine Heigl'i ya da benzer bir oyuncuyu canlandırabiliyorsunuz gözünüzde. Tamam Heigl biraz yaşlı kaçabilir ama okurken onun oynadığı filmleri düşünmemek zor.

Eleanor aynı zamanda bir erot
Melinda
Rating 2.5 stars
Honestly, I don't think I'll finish this one, I slogged my way to 68% read and I'm still not really interested so I think at this stage it's safe to say it's not going to happen.
Which is a shame, because I adored Girl From Mars and thought I would at least like this one as well.
But... meh.
I think the problem might be that I didn’t really like the main character (or the supporting characters) both Eleanor and Hugh were more annoying than anything else.
Also, there's a distinct lack
Amelia
The main relationship in this book was very predictable, but it was a sweet story.
Eleanor's relationship with members of her family cause problems in her life and make her think that she will become the same person her mother is.
Eleanor is determined to be a different person than her mother and relies largely on her best friend, neighbor and playboy Hugh. With Eleanor spending more time with her best friend Hugh she starts to develop feelings that she knows are one sided.
An Excellent read and th
Michele
I enjoyed this book. Fun read with good strong and honest characters. Hugh was lovely. I'm looking forward to reading more by Julie Cohen.
Bella
Predictable but easy to read.
Chanpreet
This book was hot! Not just the romance between Eleanor and Hugh, but everything else that was going on in the book too! The only thing that didn't seem quite real is how the book ended. A "happy ever after" is expected, but it just seemed too far fetched, while the rest of book was a bit more realistic. But Julie Cohen has another great book on her hands! I couldn't put it down until it was finished!
Priyanka
What an amazing book! A very different & fresh story for a start.
Kudos to Julie Cohen for writing such a marvel.
Everyone would love to have a relationship like Eleanor & Hugh have.
I simply loved it.
This book put a stamp for me on the fact that the more I dislike the beginning of a book, the more I love it by the end!
I would give it more than 5 stars, if I could!
Lizzie
A bizarre, quirky, unexpectedly touching tale of a girl, her best friend, and a contemplated 80s pop star look-a-like contest to be held to find her baby daddy. Sometimes I just wanted to smack Eleanor, with all of her disdain for Reading and the people who populate it. That said, Hugh was dreamy, if frustratingly reticent, and the humor was dark and lovely.
Hollie
This was a really good book. You start off wanting Eleanor to be happy with "George" and then you can see how Hugh feels about her and you want them to get together but as is usual in things like this, nothing goes smoothly.
All turns out well in the end for Eleanor and Hugh but whether that is together or apart I shall leave that for you to find out :o)
ѕєяєηιтι
2,5

Konusu bana göre değildi. Hiç blmediği birinden hamile kalması falan hoşuma gitmedi açıkçası. Aslı şu arkadaşlıkta aşka dönme konularını da normalde severimde bu sefer dediğim olay yüzünden midir artık nedir beni çekmedi.
Hannah Lindsey Smith
Eleanor was pretty mean to Hugh on several occasions which annoyed me and I don't know why he put up with it.... Having said that, it was a decent enough read. Would have liked a bigger epilogue though
Shea
Feb 15, 2013 Shea rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: ihave
Always enjoy Julie Cohen's work.
El is both stupid & smart. I don't understand why. Hugh is ever patience with El's fickle-mindedness.
Such a drama queen, i wish i could knock some senses into El's thick head
HÜLYA
Çok sevimli,mizahi yönünden de kuvvetli bir kitaptı:)) Mutluluk yanı başınızda siz yalnızca görmesini bilin..Kitabın ana fikri bence buydu..Harika eğlenceli bir kitaptı..Tavsiye ederim..
Sekar Nareswari
i love all books from lil' black dress. so simple, amusing and makes us know others opinion about relationship in different kinds of ways without being pushed to be like them.
Buecherest
Sehr liebenswerter Roman, der trotz bereits zu Beginn durchschaubarem Handlungsverlauf in manchen Dingen, wunderschön zu lesen ist.
Sharon
One of the best Little Black Dress books I have read. Another good book if you like chicklit. Likeable characters and a good storyline.
Beckie Treble
Great book. Loved it. Read it in a day. And this book got me writing again, so thank you Julie Cohen!
Cesan
I love it. Hugh is the sweetest guy ever!
Terri
Really enjoyed this book!
Stacey
Cute, I really enjoyed it.
Lisa
Loved it. One of her best.
Faraabas
common love-story.
  • It Should Have Been Me
  • To Die Fur (Whiskey, Tango & Foxtrot Mystery, #2)
  • To Please A Lady (Seduction, #3)
  • If I Stay (Montgomery Manor, #1)
  • Breaking His Rules (Feeling the Heat, #4)
  • Desert Bound (Cambio Springs Book #2)
  • Lost For Words
  • Grave Destinations (Grave, #2)
  • Mounting Desire
  • Class (Maggie Adair #1)
  • Night Terrors (Shadow Watch, #1)
  • Chain of Illusions (Bringer and the Bane, #3)
  • The Christmas He Loved Her (Bad Boys of Crystal Lake, #2)
  • Singletini
  • Silver Skin (Cold Iron, #2)
  • Moonshine
  • I Take This Man
  • The California Club
Getting Away with It Dear Thing Girl From Mars The Summer of Living Dangerously Spirit Willing, Flesh Weak