Start by marking “Information Anxiety 2 (Hayden/Que)” as Want to Read:
Information Anxiety 2 (Hayden/Que)

Information Anxiety 2 (Hayden/Que)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  119 ratings  ·  8 reviews
A follow up to the first edition, Information Anxiety 2 teaches critical lessons for functioning in today's Information Age. In this new book, Wurman examines how the Internet, desktop computing, and advances in digital technology have not simply enhanced access to information, but in fact have changed the way we live and work. In examining the sources of information anxie ...more
Published December 28th 2000 by QUE

To ask other readers questions about Information Anxiety 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Information Anxiety 2

Tamara
Mostly theoretical, but quite interesting in terms of people's emotions regarding the need for knowledge. Chapter 3, detailing which management styles pair well with different learning styles was of particular interest.

Favorite Quotes:

Information is not enough. Organization is as important as content. Your market is your world. If you can't integrate, you can't operate. Size really doesn't count. It's not the what, but the how.

When you can admit that you don't know, you are more likely to ask
Terresa
Did you know that "a weekday edition of THE NEW YORK TIMES contains more info. than the average person was likely to come across in a lifetime in 17th cent. England?" This is true.

This book challenges you to make sense of the information
overloading your life, including info in the form of news, magazines, TV, etc.
Mjaballah
A good attempt to follow a truly great book. However, not as groundbreaking as its predecessor. I read both books over a long period. One chapter at a time, I recommend reading them in this manner. I took so many notes down, that I ended up deciding to buy the book. Unfortunately, its pretty impossible to find a copy of this book here in New Zealand.
Daniel
Feb 23, 2015 Daniel marked it as not-read
...examines how the Internet, desktop computing, and advances in digital technology have not simply enhanced access to information, but in fact have changed the way we live and work. In examining the sources of information anxiety, Wurman takes an...
Alison
I read this for a library science class, but it's really intended more for people in the work force. Even though the content is rather dated, ten years later, Wurman's ideas are still quite sound.
Westerville
Tamara says, "Mostly theoretical, but quite interesting in terms of people's emotions regarding the need for knowledge."
Eli
Amazing book! Everyone having trouble with learning and understanding information ought to read it! <3
Nelson
Love this book. This man is a genius.
Anh Bui
Anh Bui marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Juliette
Juliette marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Kathleen Gollner
Kathleen Gollner marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Olivia Moran Rodriguez
Olivia Moran Rodriguez marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Alla
Alla marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Heather Skinner
Heather Skinner marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Jonathan
Jonathan marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Gerard Dolan
Gerard Dolan marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Henry
Henry marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Mark
Mark added it
Mar 01, 2015
Nikki Gomez
Nikki Gomez marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Marina
Marina marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Pinar
Pinar marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Mohamed Bargisy
Mohamed Bargisy marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Nick Sturkenbaum
Nick Sturkenbaum marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Troy McKinney
Troy McKinney marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Designing Interactions [With CDROM]
  • The Information Design Handbook
  • Designing for Interaction: Creating Smart Applications and Clever Devices
  • Contextual Design: Defining Customer-Centered Systems
  • Designing Visual Interfaces: Communication Oriented Techniques
  • Handbook of Usability Testing: How to Plan, Design, and Conduct Effective Tests
  • Exposing the Magic of Design: A Practitioner's Guide to the Methods and Theory of Synthesis
  • Maeda@Media
  • How Designers Think: The Design Process Demystified
  • Rapid Viz : A New Method for the Rapid Visualization of Ideas
  • Measuring the User Experience: Collecting, Analyzing, and Presenting Usability Metrics
  • Designing for the Digital Age: How to Create Human-Centered Products and Services
  • Design for the Real World: Human Ecology and Social Change
  • UNIX in a Nutshell: System V Edition: A Desktop Quick Reference for System V Release 4 and Solaris 2.0
  • Usability Engineering
  • Communication Power
  • Social Network Analysis: Methods and Applications
  • Emotional Design: Why We Love (or Hate) Everyday Things
Information Anxiety Information Architects Understanding USA Follow the Yellow Brick Road: Learning to Give, Take, and Use Instructions What Will Be Has Always Been: The Words of Louis I. Kahn

“The most essential prerequisite to understanding is to be able to admit when you don't understand something” 12 likes
“I believe I’m very normal. I’m hyper-normal. I’m more normal than anyone else I know. I think my thoughts, my indulgences, my desires, my pleasures may at first appear different, but that is only because they are more normal, not because they are more esoteric.

I believe I am bored when other people are bored, only faster. I am interested when others are interested, only more interested. But I also think I’m less, rather than more, intelligent than other people.

By indulging my interests through my life, and perhaps because of rather than despite many failures, I have been able to design my life.”
2 likes