Start by marking “Information Anxiety 2 (Hayden/Que)” as Want to Read:
Information Anxiety 2 (Hayden/Que)

Information Anxiety 2 (Hayden/Que)

3.95  ·  Rating Details  ·  134 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
A follow up to the first edition, Information Anxiety 2 teaches critical lessons for functioning in today's Information Age. In this new book, Wurman examines how the Internet, desktop computing, and advances in digital technology have not simply enhanced access to information, but in fact have changed the way we live and work. In examining the sources of information anxie ...more
Published December 28th 2000 by QUE

To ask other readers questions about Information Anxiety 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Information Anxiety 2

Tamara
Mar 26, 2010 Tamara rated it liked it
Mostly theoretical, but quite interesting in terms of people's emotions regarding the need for knowledge. Chapter 3, detailing which management styles pair well with different learning styles was of particular interest.

Favorite Quotes:

Information is not enough. Organization is as important as content. Your market is your world. If you can't integrate, you can't operate. Size really doesn't count. It's not the what, but the how.

When you can admit that you don't know, you are more likely to ask
Terresa
Apr 14, 2008 Terresa rated it it was amazing
Did you know that "a weekday edition of THE NEW YORK TIMES contains more info. than the average person was likely to come across in a lifetime in 17th cent. England?" This is true.

This book challenges you to make sense of the information
overloading your life, including info in the form of news, magazines, TV, etc.
Mjaballah
Aug 25, 2013 Mjaballah rated it really liked it
A good attempt to follow a truly great book. However, not as groundbreaking as its predecessor. I read both books over a long period. One chapter at a time, I recommend reading them in this manner. I took so many notes down, that I ended up deciding to buy the book. Unfortunately, its pretty impossible to find a copy of this book here in New Zealand.
Daniel
Feb 23, 2015 Daniel marked it as not-read
...examines how the Internet, desktop computing, and advances in digital technology have not simply enhanced access to information, but in fact have changed the way we live and work. In examining the sources of information anxiety, Wurman takes an...
Alison
Aug 26, 2009 Alison rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, adult
I read this for a library science class, but it's really intended more for people in the work force. Even though the content is rather dated, ten years later, Wurman's ideas are still quite sound.
Westerville
Mar 26, 2010 Westerville rated it liked it
Tamara says, "Mostly theoretical, but quite interesting in terms of people's emotions regarding the need for knowledge."
Eli
Jul 22, 2013 Eli rated it it was amazing
Amazing book! Everyone having trouble with learning and understanding information ought to read it! <3
Nelson
Apr 02, 2009 Nelson rated it really liked it
Love this book. This man is a genius.
Artem Melanich
Artem Melanich marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2016
Kyle
Kyle is currently reading it
Jul 21, 2016
Ashwin Shroff
Ashwin Shroff marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
Arash Ashrafzadeh
Arash Ashrafzadeh marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Roundwater
Roundwater marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2016
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2016
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
Angela Raby
Angela Raby rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2016
Hawkeye
Hawkeye marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Sejal Tiwari
Sejal Tiwari marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Josh
Josh marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Ryan Trinder
Ryan Trinder marked it as to-read
May 25, 2016
Daniel Wong
Daniel Wong marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Brian
Brian rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2016
Christian
Christian marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
Marcus Overton
Marcus Overton marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Jesse
Jesse rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2016
Miguel Herrera
Miguel Herrera marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Manuel
Manuel rated it did not like it
Apr 07, 2016
  • Information Design
  • Designing Interactions [With CDROM]
  • The Information Design Handbook
  • Designing Visual Interfaces: Communication Oriented Techniques
  • Contextual Design: Defining Customer-Centered Systems
  • Designing for Interaction: Creating Smart Applications and Clever Devices
  • Maeda@Media
  • UNIX in a Nutshell: System V Edition: A Desktop Quick Reference for System V Release 4 and Solaris 2.0
  • Thoughtful Interaction Design: A Design Perspective on Information Technology
  • Social Network Analysis: Methods and Applications
  • Pervasive Information Architecture: Designing Cross-Channel User Experiences
  • Designing for the Digital Age: How to Create Human-Centered Products and Services
  • Observing the User Experience: A Practitioner's Guide to User Research
  • Ambient Findability: What We Find Changes Who We Become
  • Measuring the User Experience: Collecting, Analyzing, and Presenting Usability Metrics
  • Persuasive Technology: Using Computers to Change What We Think and Do
  • Handbook of Usability Testing: How to Plan, Design, and Conduct Effective Tests
  • Rapid Viz : A New Method for the Rapid Visualization of Ideas

“The most essential prerequisite to understanding is to be able to admit when you don't understand something” 15 likes
“I believe I’m very normal. I’m hyper-normal. I’m more normal than anyone else I know. I think my thoughts, my indulgences, my desires, my pleasures may at first appear different, but that is only because they are more normal, not because they are more esoteric.

I believe I am bored when other people are bored, only faster. I am interested when others are interested, only more interested. But I also think I’m less, rather than more, intelligent than other people.

By indulging my interests through my life, and perhaps because of rather than despite many failures, I have been able to design my life.”
4 likes