Start by marking “The Color of Courage (Mounted Color Guard, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Color of Courage (Mounted Color Guard, #1)

The Color of Courage (Mounted Color Guard #1)

Only faith sustained Lindsey Mandel after the loss of her beloved twin brother. Now a freak accident would test the U.S. Army corporal's mettle once again. Desperate to save her brother's injured horse, Lindsey placed her trust in handsome veterinarian Brian Cutter. When Brian saw Lindsey pinned beneath the steed, his only thought was to save her. With his own faith shaken ...more
Published August 1st 2007 by Steeple Hill (first published July 30th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Color of Courage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Color of Courage

Kate
Aug 13, 2013 Kate rated it really liked it
I usually don't rate 'Love Inspired' romances 4 stars. I usually enjoy them, but they're not intended to be great literature (which is fine . . . everyone needs a 'fluff read' now and again!). This one, however, I thought was worthy of the higher ranking.
The love story in and of itself was sweet, and interesting, but nothing hugely unusual. What brought this book from a 'like' to a 'really like' was the living history part of it. The book centers around the Commanding General's Mounted Color Gua
Jan 26, 2017 Laura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet inspirational romance with accurate insights on the Mounted Color Guard, a time honored tradition.
Ranee
Feb 09, 2017 Ranee rated it liked it
A fun, quick read; fun, clean romance with horses :)
Anna Rebecca
I really enjoyed this book. Of course it centered on horses and the military, so it was probably a safe bet I'd at least like the book. I can't say that the book offered anything especially ground breaking, but I didn't read the book expecting that. I knew this was romance and as such went into the book simply looking for a nice story. And this book delivered that. I really found myself drawn into the book, but I think it had more to do with the horse than the characters.
joyce lynn
Jun 14, 2008 joyce lynn rated it liked it
ooppss!! this was apparently a book written before the last one i'd read by her, and should have BEEN read before it. oh well ...

i enjoyed this one, but not quite as much as her other one, "Military Daddy".

quick, easy, lite read

i'm ALMOST ready to return to the scary world of murder and mystery. ALMOST!
Nancynova
Oct 07, 2012 Nancynova rated it really liked it
Shelves: oct-dec-2012
rabck box from svoight 09/11; different romance - this one between an army sargeant in the Calvary color guard unit, who has a horse with a broken leg, and the veterinarian, still scarred over the car accident that cost his wife her life. Of course, all is well and they fall in love. OK to pass on to booklady for her table.
Karen
Dec 02, 2015 Karen rated it liked it
Lindsey's brother Danny was wounded in action. He donates his horse to Lindsey's unit and when Lindsey and Dakota both take a terrible fall, Dr Brian Cutter is the Vet that helps Dakota instead of putting him down.
Alysa Farrell
Apr 22, 2014 Alysa Farrell rated it liked it
Courage to do what's right, courage to find new love. Very sweet story!
Becki
the back (and plot above) are not really what the book is about,really. Still, a decent light read
Dakota
Apr 07, 2009 Dakota rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: friends
Shelves: steeple-hill
the horse has the same name as me!!! lol
IrenesBookReviews
This one was ok but not the best book I have ever read. It is, however, a clean Christian book to read in an afternoon.
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2012
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2014
Jennifer Rich
Jennifer Rich rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2015
Deborah Macias
Deborah Macias rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2014
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2015
Lu Ann
Lu Ann rated it liked it
Oct 01, 2008
Josephine
Josephine rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2012
Kathy
Kathy rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2017
Jen  Kennington
Jen Kennington rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2009
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2013
Anna
Anna rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2013
PuNkLoVe
PuNkLoVe rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2009
Terri
Terri rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2014
Beth
Beth rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2009
Owena Wing
Owena Wing rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2016
June
June rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2012
Chel ♪
Chel ♪ rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2008
Shameca Smith
Shameca Smith rated it liked it
Oct 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
I was born and raised in Northcentral Kansas. I'm a farmer's daughter, but I now make my home in the city of Wichita. I'm an RN. Neonatal nursing has been the main focus of my career. What can I say? I love babies. I was invited to the highschool graduation of a baby I took care of. Talk about making me feel old!

In June of 2011 I became a widow after my husband of 36 years and 11 months died from
More about Patricia Davids...

Mounted Color Guard (3 books)
  • Military Daddy (Mounted Color Guard, #2)
  • A Military Match (Mounted Color Guard, #3)