Evaluation: A Systematic Approach

Evaluation: A Systematic Approach

3.12 of 5 stars 3.12  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  7 reviews
The book that has been a benchmark in evaluation has been further improved and updated. Relied on by over 90,000 readers as "the" text on how to design, implement and appraise the utility of social programmes, the Sixth Edition of Evaluation has been completely revised to include the latest techniques and approaches, as well as guidelines for how evaluations should be tail...more
Published December 18th 1998 by Sage Publications (CA) (first published April 1st 1979)

To ask other readers questions about Evaluation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Evaluation

Alexandra Chauran
Read this for my doctoral program. This sure covered the bases and was less of a yawn than some other books I read. However, it really grills my cheese when authors cite their own writing numerous times throughout the work. To me it says "hey, I didn't want to do a lot of research for this particular book." If I wanted to read all the stuff from your other periodicals and books, I would be reading those.
Melissa
As far as text books go, this one is good. It provides a Summary and Key Concepts at the end of every chapter which is perfect for us non-traditional students who are employed and have families.

THIS CLASS IS OVER~ The book was hardly used - we mostly used journal articles and did a program evaluation as a project.
Bernadet
I know it's kind of lame to review your textbooks, but a book is a book right? Anyhoo, this book is amazing. It's clear, minimizes jargon, and is sectioned off in a neat way (definitions for terms are provided at the end of each chapter plus real-life examples). Great book.
Bull
Jul 19, 2009 Bull is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: project managers, business owners
I am still reading but so far, there is a lot from evaluating programs within the organization to see if programs and project are feasible and achieving objectives. if not evaluation will recommend alternative strategies to help move projects forward.
Alex
I hate school!

As an evaluation book, I suppose it was alright. Not exactly thrilling, but easy to read.
Nakia
For my MPA Evaluation course, Spring 2011.
May 30, 2010 Sarah rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010
Boring.
Katyb78
Katyb78 marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Katie Cope
Katie Cope marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Gabor Veress
Gabor Veress marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Cag76
Cag76 added it
Mar 20, 2014
Robert
Robert added it
Feb 09, 2014
Mandi
Mandi marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Handbook of medical sociology Workbook for Evaluation: A Systematic Approach Social Problems 3ed Policy Studies Review Annual America's troubles;: A casebook on social conflict