Start by marking “The Bedroom Business” as Want to Read:
The Bedroom Business

The Bedroom Business

Jake McBride is a self-made millionaire, brilliant at business, talented in bed--and cynical about women. Emily Taylor is his personal assistant, terrific in the office...and an innocent when it comes to the opposite sex!

But when Jake teaches Emily how to transform herself from shy secretary into sexy siren, he loses his grip on his legendary cool. If she's going to lose h

Published February 9th 2001 by Harlequin Books (first published January 5th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Bedroom Business, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bedroom Business

LLCSpokane
Mar 19, 2012 LLCSpokane rated it really liked it
This is probably one of my favorite by Sandra Marton. Of course it's kind of cliche'd. It's standard boss/secretary or actually PA/Executive assistant. Also typical brown sparrow, as the hero refers to the heroine, who turns into a beautiful song bird with a new wardrobe and hairdo. It also has bickering and funny repartee. So for those who don't like any of those tropes you can put this on your to avoid shelf.
For myself I enjoy the bickering, seeing it as the H's resistance to falling in love o
willaful
Dec 05, 2009 willaful rated it it was ok
Sandra Marton is my favorite Harlequin Presents author and this book has one of those conflicted attracted-against-his-will heroes she writes so well, so it started off promisingly. Then it all dissolved into bickering and mind-changing - they're going to get together! Then they're not! Then they are! Then they're not! Then they do, but they shouldn't have, so let's pretend they didn't! Sigh. Props for an American hero and some laughs--both rare in current Presents--but they couldn't save it.
Elektragedia
Jan 12, 2014 Elektragedia rated it liked it
Bueno, es una historia típica de las novelas de harlequin, jefe que se enamora de su eficiente, activa, pro activa, inteligente y genio secretaria, que lleva casi un año trabajando con el pero que no se había dado cuenta que la vida sin ella no seria sino un completo caos, secretaria que ve en su jefe un verdadero mujeriego no en el mal sentido de la palabra ya que cuando anda con una conquista le es fiel hasta que la cosa termina, ella es la encargada de mandar las flores, los regalos, hacer ...more
Jessica
Apr 07, 2016 Jessica rated it liked it
I don't seem to have much luck with HP books. I just could not get over Jake's ego. He was such an inconsiderate jerk that needs to get a reality check. Every other thought in his head was how plain/average/unattractive Emily is. He looks down on her because she dresses appropriately for work, forces himself into her private life because he's jealous, and has such a big head that women should be there for him at his beck and call but disappear when he's tired of them. He's selfish, annoying, and ...more
Dalimar
Nov 11, 2012 Dalimar rated it liked it
Como ya saben las secretarias de Harlequin son todas eficientes,maravillosas,trabajadoras,competentes y perfectas ah y por poco lo olvido unas genios.Eso sin olvidar que los jefes siempre son guapos,mujeriegos,interesantes,inteligentes,de mal humor y muy pero muy sexy.Con cuerpazo y todo.Pues esta novela no es la excepción.

Jake y Emily son todo eso con la diferencia que Emily es un patito feo o eso cree ella.De hecho lo mismo opina Jake hasta que uno de sus amigos nota que es una mujer guapa.All
Katie
Oh.... oh my, OMG!! I just.. I can't... I don't know how to express this in words, but this book was probably the best romance book I have ever read. It was funny, it was sweet, it was smart, it was real. This book has given me more feels than any book has ever given me. And in the good way. It was beautiful. Jake was a guy who started relationships with women with the intention of ending them in a few short months. He was faithful to each of them, but never planned to have "forever" with any of ...more
Chris
Apr 23, 2013 Chris rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is a LOT of back and forth between Jake and Emily that can get pretty frustrating. Neither of them can make up their minds about whether or not they want to be in a relationship with each other, and when they finally do decide to be together, it's really anti-climatic.

On the other hand, they're both crazy and in denial so it's actually amusing sometimes to watch Jake get jealous of the terrible men Emily goes on dates with.
Lynn Raye Harris
Sep 12, 2011 Lynn Raye Harris rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Sandra writes amazing characters, and this book was no exception. It was very different for a Presents, and I adored it to pieces. Witty banter, characters who just can't resist each other no matter how they try, and that lovely push/pull of forbidden attraction. It just doesn't get any better than this.
Mlleelizabeth
Sep 28, 2013 Mlleelizabeth rated it really liked it
This is a book.

For a full review, please go to:

GoodReads's policies no longer comply with my review policy. Therefore my reviews will be posted at BookLikes going forward. Thank you for following my reviews here. I hope to continue discussing books with you on BookLikes.
Bookfetish
Aug 07, 2013 Bookfetish rated it really liked it
Beauty is skin deep. She is a real Plain Jane, with an efficient no nonsense approach. This is an ugly duckling waiting to transform into a swan. He is the one doing the transforming, only to realize that he wants to keep her to himself. A romantic, sensual, fun read.
Shelly
Mar 23, 2015 Shelly rated it really liked it
I'm just discovering Sandra Marton. This is my favorite so far. Jake's POV is laugh-out-loud hysterical. Love the snappy dialogue between him and Emily. Took one star off for some distracting editing errors, but, other than that, a sweet, sexy, funny read!
ʝαиє
Oct 01, 2015 ʝαиє rated it really liked it
It's so funny. I've been smiling and laughing while reading this book. This is so cute. All you can see is how the tall, handsome and rich boss falling for his 'sparrow'. How he feel when his 'sparrow' trying to have date with people like snake or octopus?
C.M.
Apr 08, 2015 C.M. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute

This is a good vintage recipe. It is told quite enchantingly. Wish this could be the reality of our world. Well done!
Nonieღserenity2bliss
Nov 17, 2011 Nonieღserenity2bliss rated it liked it
Shelves: m-b
One of the VERY FEW perks of working at a bookstore is the chance to read M&B for free during quiet time when there's no customer in the shop and the boss is out of the office.
Jenny
Apr 09, 2016 Jenny rated it really liked it
Sweet and funny read. If you like beta heroes you will love this book.
Kourtney
Kourtney rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2015
Tori Macallister
Tori Macallister rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2012
Niamhanna
Niamhanna rated it really liked it
May 21, 2015
Jen
Jen rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2015
Berit Martinson
Berit Martinson rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2016
Lavinia
Lavinia rated it it was ok
Mar 12, 2013
Danu Finochietto
Danu Finochietto rated it liked it
Apr 09, 2016
Lorrane Gloriya
Lorrane Gloriya rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2016
 Chele
Chele rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2015
Jen
Jen rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2010
Carole Ann
Carole Ann rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2015
Mia
Mia rated it liked it
May 08, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Italian Boss's Mistress (Brides of L'Amour, #2)
  • The Secretary's Seduction
  • Phantom Lover (Harlequin Presents, #1707)
  • The De Santis Marriage (Wedlocked!)
  • Innocent Secretary...Accidentally Pregnant
  • Doukakis's Apprentice
  • Intangible Dream
  • Wedding Vow of Revenge (Royal Brides, #2)
  • For Pleasure...or Marriage? (Models & Millionaires, #1)
  • The Boss's Baby
  • His Virgin Acquisition
  • The Sheikh's Ransomed Bride (Surrender to the Sheikh) (Harlequin Presents, #2649)
  • The Demetrios Virgin
  • Reckless Night In Rio

I've been a writer, one way or another, all my life. Before I could read, I made up poems and my mom wrote them down for me. In elementary school, my teachers almost always let me write poems or stories instead of requiring me to do art projects. Always, I dreamed of becoming a published writer...and that dream came true! I write novels about sexy, powerful men and independent-minded women, and wh
More about Sandra Marton...