The Bedroom Business (Harlequin Presents Passion, #2159)

The Bedroom Business (Passion!)

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  110 ratings  ·  11 reviews

Jake McBride is a self-made millionaire, brilliant at business, talented in bed--and cynical about women. Emily Taylor is his personal assistant, terrific in the office...and an innocent when it comes to the opposite sex!

But when Jake teaches Emily how to transform herself from shy secretary into sexy siren, he loses his grip on his legendary cool. If she's going to lose h

Published February 9th 2001 by Harlequin Books (first published February 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Bedroom Business, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bedroom Business

LLCSpokane
This is probably one of my favorite by Sandra Marton. Of course it's kind of cliche'd. It's standard boss/secretary or actually PA/Executive assistant. Also typical brown sparrow, as the hero refers to the heroine, who turns into a beautiful song bird with a new wardrobe and hairdo. It also has bickering and funny repartee. So for those who don't like any of those tropes you can put this on your to avoid shelf.
For myself I enjoy the bickering, seeing it as the H's resistance to falling in love o...more
willaful
Sandra Marton is my favorite Harlequin Presents author and this book has one of those conflicted attracted-against-his-will heroes she writes so well, so it started off promisingly. Then it all dissolved into bickering and mind-changing - they're going to get together! Then they're not! Then they are! Then they're not! Then they do, but they shouldn't have, so let's pretend they didn't! Sigh. Props for an American hero and some laughs--both rare in current Presents--but they couldn't save it.
Elektragedia
Bueno, es una historia típica de las novelas de harlequin, jefe que se enamora de su eficiente, activa, pro activa, inteligente y genio secretaria, que lleva casi un año trabajando con el pero que no se había dado cuenta que la vida sin ella no seria sino un completo caos, secretaria que ve en su jefe un verdadero mujeriego no en el mal sentido de la palabra ya que cuando anda con una conquista le es fiel hasta que la cosa termina, ella es la encargada de mandar las flores, los regalos, hacer la...more
Dalimar
Como ya saben las secretarias de Harlequin son todas eficientes,maravillosas,trabajadoras,competentes y perfectas ah y por poco lo olvido unas genios.Eso sin olvidar que los jefes siempre son guapos,mujeriegos,interesantes,inteligentes,de mal humor y muy pero muy sexy.Con cuerpazo y todo.Pues esta novela no es la excepción.

Jake y Emily son todo eso con la diferencia que Emily es un patito feo o eso cree ella.De hecho lo mismo opina Jake hasta que uno de sus amigos nota que es una mujer guapa.All...more
Anna
Just so-so. Even for a Harlequin!

Got it from library on my Kindle. So no money invested.
Chris
There is a LOT of back and forth between Jake and Emily that can get pretty frustrating. Neither of them can make up their minds about whether or not they want to be in a relationship with each other, and when they finally do decide to be together, it's really anti-climatic.

On the other hand, they're both crazy and in denial so it's actually amusing sometimes to watch Jake get jealous of the terrible men Emily goes on dates with.
Lynn Harris
I loved this book! Sandra writes amazing characters, and this book was no exception. It was very different for a Presents, and I adored it to pieces. Witty banter, characters who just can't resist each other no matter how they try, and that lovely push/pull of forbidden attraction. It just doesn't get any better than this.
Mlleelizabeth
This is a book.

For a full review, please go to:

GoodReads's policies no longer comply with my review policy. Therefore my reviews will be posted at BookLikes going forward. Thank you for following my reviews here. I hope to continue discussing books with you on BookLikes.
Bookfetish
Beauty is skin deep. She is a real Plain Jane, with an efficient no nonsense approach. This is an ugly duckling waiting to transform into a swan. He is the one doing the transforming, only to realize that he wants to keep her to himself. A romantic, sensual, fun read.
Nonieღserenity2bliss
One of the VERY FEW perks of working at a bookstore is the chance to read M&B for free during quiet time when there's no customer in the shop and the boss is out of the office.
Fatima
Fatima marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Mona
Mona added it
Jun 28, 2014
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Mariska
Mariska marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Kylie
Kylie marked it as to-read
May 02, 2014
Elle47
Elle47 marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
I live in a small town in Connecticut with my husband. I was 15, he was 18 when we met! Our house is bright and sun-filled, with deep woods behind us that are home to native wildlife from deer to fishers to coyotes. Wild turkeys plod through our yard; hawks fly overhead.

I've been a writer, one way or another, all my life. Before I could read, I made up poems and my mom wrote them down for me. In e...more
More about Sandra Marton...
Until You Emily: Sex & Sensibility (The Wilde Sisters, #1) Raffaele: Taming His Tempestuous Virgin (Orisini Brothers, #1) Billionaire Prince, Pregnant Mistress (The Royal House of Karedes #1) Not For Sale