Omega Games (Stardoc, #8)

Omega Games (Stardoc #8)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  433 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Dr. Cherijo Torin faces a different kind of epidemic?a mysterious black crystal spreading like cancer throughout the galaxy. The hunt for information leads Cherijo to the planet Trellus, whose inhabitants exhibit excessive paranoia and anger, taking out their frustrations in the Omega Dome in simulated combat against battle drones. But someone is killing victims outside th...more
Published August 5th 2008 by Roc (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Omega Games, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Omega Games

Alien Species Intervention Books 1-3 by J.K. AccinniBaby by J.K. AccinniEcho by J.K. AccinniArmageddon Cometh by J.K. AccinniThe One by J.K. Accinni
UFOs & aliens
48th out of 250 books — 125 voters
This Changes Everything by Sally EmberCatori's Worlds by Murielle CyrThe Huntress by Michelle O'LearyGames of Command by Linnea SinclairFinders Keepers by Linnea Sinclair
SFR/Sci-fi/Futuristic Romances that are NOT Erotica
99th out of 252 books — 105 voters

More lists with this book...

Kelly Maybedog
I really dislike Jarn and I want Cherijo back. Although the latter is bitchy and rude, Jarn is doubly so plus she is self-righteous and judgmental and seems to be miserable all the time. She dislikes everything, doesn't understand why anyone does things differently than she is used to, yet her culture was horrific and treated her like garbage. As of the last book, she has the memories of both characters even if Cherijo's don't feel like her, so why can't she see that the horrifically sexist and...more
Diane
Oy, I am so struggling with this series now.

******SPOILER!!!

Viehl took a huge risk: about two books ago in the Stardoc series, she had the main character (Cherijo) get shot point-blank in the head. Cherijo suffered from severe brain damage, obviously, and in essence became a different person. These last couple of books are about the "new" Cherijo, who even goes by the name of Jarn. Not only is it difficult to maintain the quality of writing for series fantasy (this is the 8th book in the series...more
Wendy
So Jarn and Duncan find themselves once again caught in the middle of trying to save a world when they are lured to and stranded on a planet where a creature is killing people by taking over their bodies and leaving behind nothing but their skins. The action was constant and interesting. There were some new characters introduced that I liked a lot and the twist was interesting. Overall a good read.

My one complaint is the whole Cherijo/Jarn thing. I don't know anymore who I like the best. At fir...more
Cathy
Not much better than the previous book. I don't like Jarn and I still don't like Reever. It's somewhat interesting to see how Cherijo's friends and family are seen from this different perspective, but Jarn is too annoying to make it work. She rightly notes Joey's sometimes rash behavior, but is sanctimonious about her own. It's taking too long to get to the inevitable integration of the personalities. And yet another crash and hostage crisis didn't help.

There were a few interesting additions to...more
Isabel
i am on page 188. i think i'm stopping here. i picked this book up in a used book store, not having heard of the series before. doctors in space! perfect for me! yeah, but the characters are completely flat and uninteresting, which i suppose might be different if i had read the previous books in the series. and certain things here are setting my teeth on edge, particularly the main character's description of the ragingly misogynistic society she's from. just kind of creepy, not fun for me to rea...more
Steph
Nov 11, 2012 Steph rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
I was hoping a title like "Omega Games" meant this was going to be the last book and I'd be done with the series, but it was another monster of the week sort of book. This series is getting more and more like a romance novel too with the "oh we complete each other" and "I need you or I'll die" sort of nonsense. Reever is so controlling and possessive; I really dislike him as a character. And Cherijo was a horrible person sometimes, but Jarn is just a doormat. I'm ready for her to fade away.
Carolyn F.
Am I the only one who likes Jarn and is not looking forward to having Cherijo back? I love how Jarn and Duncan are together and I have a feeling that unless Jarn's love morphs onto Cherijo, she'll be back to pushing him aside and that would be a huge shame not only for her but for their daughter and especially Duncan. I hope there's a happy melding taking place in the near future.
Marcela
I will stick to the series only to see if cherijo will be back..
i loved Duncan when he had to struggle for his waenara, love is not easy, as they have not have any easyness in the 5 fisrt books i dont spect to be any different now.
But i´m hoping to have her back.
starttttiiinngggg NOW!!

So nothing new...
Joshua Hall
Oct 27, 2010 Joshua Hall is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
So far this book is Amazing. By far one of the best books I've ever read. Initially I started reading it just to pass time. But then I got sucked into it. Now I have a hard time putting it down, when I pick it up. Great Read. I recommend it for Sci Fi lovers.
Kendra
Not as good, though certainly interesting! Still working with Jarn, but more and more of Cherijo's personality is starting to come back. Enjoyed all of the twists and turns, especially towards the end.
Jim
Even though others give this series low ratings, I like it. I give it a five star just for the interesting concepts and the action in the stories. I also am a pushover for strong women characters.
Moodyfeline
I have enjoyed this entire series. Book 5 was a make-or-break sort of book, a real game changer, but Viehl made it work in book 6. At this point I intend to finish the whole series.
Lesli
At this point, you either love the series or can't stand to not finish it.
Hanna
Not the best in the series, but still lots of fun.
Lynn Calvin
Amazon preorder
Tim
Tim added it
Aug 21, 2014
Jonathan Polley
Jonathan Polley marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Lori Lowery
Lori Lowery marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Anelise Horah
Anelise Horah marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
  • A Confederation of Valor (Confederation, #1-2)
  • In the Company of Others
  • Close Contact (Alien Affairs, #2)
  • Destroyer (Foreigner, #7)
  • Deserter (Kris Longknife, #2)
  • Hope's Folly (Dock Five Universe, #3)
  • Vigilante (Major Ariane Kedros, #2)
Stardoc (Stardoc, #1) Beyond Varallan (Stardoc, #2) Blade Dancer Endurance (Stardoc, #3) Shockball (Stardoc, #4)