Guide to the World's Greatest Treasures

Guide to the World's Greatest Treasures

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Every year lost treasures are still being discovered that force us to re-examine our place in the world and even in the universe. Join some of the world's greatest explorers on a treasure hunt, which crisscrosses the globe, from the salt-encrusted shores of the Dead Sea to a remote cave in the Himalayas via the clear blue waters of the Bahamas and the icy cold depths benea...more
Published October 22nd 2005 by Barnes & Noble (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Guide to the World's Greatest Treasures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guide to the World's Greatest Treasures

Tará O'Sullivan
This was a really fun book that I picked up at Barnes & Noble...It's not, by any means, an in-depth, archaeological history of all the items presented...But it does give you a pretty detailed idea of the origins, mysteries, cultures and significance of each find nonetheless.[return][return]If you're a student of archaeology looking for research materials - don't waste your time. But if you're like me and wanted a nice, light read about historical treasures - then you're definitely going to e...more
Bry
This is a good basic overview of some of the world's most important archaeological finds such as the Rosetta stone and the Dead Sea Scrolls. It is written in a simple manner and uses pictures and maps to illustrate.

This would make a great book for a young reader who is interested in archaeology, past societies, etc. Although I don't think adults who are interested in those subjects would appreciate it as much as it is pretty basic.
Kammie
This was a gem I found in the B&N bargain book rack. It contains a few pages on about 45 different worldwide treasures. Each section contains an explanation, location found or assumed location(s) and any myths surrounding it. It turned out to be a really fun book to read. It also contains a big recommended reading section on other books about the individual treasures. I will have to look into some of those.
St-Michel
A delicious collection of treasures and artifacts from around the world, both real and legendary, and the beliefs, rumours, hoaxes and reality surrounding each. An interesting read for anyone who's in interested in the austere and fantastical history accredited with these artifacts that have helped shape our world.
Sandy
Brief summary of the treasures you know and dozens that you don't know...interesting. Reminds me that I must travel more.
Disupo2
Great insight to myths and legends of ancient found or yet to be found? objects.
Kathryn
I thought it was very interesting and I found many wonders I never knew existed before.
Natalia
Sep 22, 2013 Natalia added it
Shelves: ya
(Versión en español)
Sarah marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Em
Em added it
May 22, 2014
Mrs Champ
Mrs Champ marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Cassie
Cassie marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Ashli Vass
Ashli Vass is currently reading it
Mar 20, 2014
Joshua Cannon
Joshua Cannon marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Curtis
Curtis added it
Nov 09, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Secrets of the Freemasons Secret Societies Handbook Kobe Bryant Secret Societies - 21 Organisasi Perusak Dunia World Mysteries Revealed