Start by marking “Beguiled (Devoted, #2)” as Want to Read:
Beguiled (Devoted, #2)

Beguiled (Devoted #2)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  247 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Elin is a woman of the pagan Forest People. Owen is the young Bishop of Chantalon. Amid the brutal onslaught of Viking invaders, they found each other, and their great love triumphed over violence. But now Elin's gift of "sight" warns of a new danger: a Norseman called Hakon who threatens her joyous union with Owen—and the future of her unborn child.

Set against a world of
Published January 1st 1997 by Dutton Adult

To ask other readers questions about Beguiled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beguiled

Jami
I loved her ever since I read The Dragon Queen. I wish there were more than 5 stars I could give it. What an incredible story. I don't even have words. I wish there were more books of hers than there are. This is one of those books you have to savor, and when you're done you need time to "come down" before you pick up another book. It took almost a week for me to be able to enjoy another story I was that moved.
Carroll Straus
I liked Devoted so I read this one. Devoted was better but they are still good, and there is a lot of interesting history in these medieval thrillers!
Brighid O'Sullivan
Loved it and very well written and action packed too! Historical fiction. There are 2 books in this series.
Patrick Bättig
2. Teil Mann der Kirche und Frau des alten Glaubens verbünden sich gegen einfallende Wikinger
Sharon Geisen
I liked this story.
Gina M Jordan
I'm still deeply lost in these characters, this world, I don't ever want to leave! I'm having a difficult time moving on to other books, as another reviewer mentioned, I need time to come back to NOW. The sign of the greatest storytellers is becoming such a part of their created world one stays within it long after the story ends.

I'd highly recommend reading these 2 books, in order. They were my 1st introduction to this author & now I plan to read everything I can get my hands on by her. :-)
Courtney
It was alright. I had a bit of a hard time getting through it, but the last half was considerably quicker than the first. I'm still a bit in shock I think that I enjoyed the first one so much so many years ago and now? Am so not impressed. I've heard that her Silver Wolf series is much better so I am still going to give them a shot.
Callie
The second book to Devoted, this book picks up where the first left off. It followed the same writing style and plot. It is very invocative and enthralling, hard for me to put down! I can only hope she writes another!
Aunt Missy
I think this is the book I read. It is about a girls school at the end of the civil war. An injured shoulder is brought into the school and the beguiling begins.
Patrick
Follow up to "Devoted". Who says a sequel can't be as good as the original?
Andrew Barbin
An excellent and engaging tale particularly as a book on tape.
Nat Smith
yeah, I know. leave me alone.
Luna_x009
Luna_x009 marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Feure
Feure is currently reading it
Apr 03, 2015
Sabrina The Book Lover
Sabrina The Book Lover marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Traci Miller
Traci Miller marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Fred
Fred marked it as to-read
E
E marked it as to-read
Rebecca Lopez
Rebecca Lopez marked it as to-read
Krista
Krista marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Samuel
Samuel marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Jessilyn
Jessilyn marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Barbi
Barbi marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Gretta
Gretta marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
JASMINE SOTO
JASMINE SOTO marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Mewena
Mewena marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
  • Kyriakis Curse
  • Dark Temptation (Blackheath Moor #2)
  • Again
  • Sun and Candlelight
  • Dakota Child
  • A Walk in the Clouds
  • Slave Girl in the Harem
  • Royal Blood
  • The Ravening (Blood Moon, #3)
  • A Convenient Wife (Montana Mavericks: The Historicals)
  • Beloved Highlander
  • Dido's Prize
  • Libertine's Kiss (Rakes and Rogues of the Restoration, #1)
  • Bound To Please
  • Knight of Glory (Kingdom of Arnhem, #2)
  • So Enchanting
  • Circle of Stones (Circle, #1)
  • Night's Rose (Night's Rose #1)
Alice O'Brien was born on 6 October 1939 in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. She was one of five sister of Katherine "Kay" Allen and Howard O'Brien. The O'Brien family moved to Richardson, Texas, when Alice was a teenager. She began her nursing career in Houston, where she met and married her husband, Clifford Borchardt. After a 30-year career as a licensed vocational nurse, Borchardt faced staff redu ...more
More about Alice Borchardt...

Devoted (2 books)
  • Devoted (Devoted, #1)
The Silver Wolf (Legends of the Wolf #1) The Dragon Queen (Tales of Guinevere, #1) Night of the Wolf (Legends of the Wolf, #2) The Wolf King (Legends of the Wolf #3) The Raven Warrior (Tales of Guinevere, #2)