Start by marking “Beguiled (Devoted, #2)” as Want to Read:
Beguiled (Devoted, #2)

Beguiled (Devoted #2)

Elin is a woman of the pagan Forest People. Owen is the young Bishop of Chantalon. Amid the brutal onslaught of Viking invaders, they found each other, and their great love triumphed over violence. But now Elin's gift of "sight" warns of a new danger: a Norseman called Hakon who threatens her joyous union with Owen—and the future of her unborn child.

Set against a world of
Published January 1st 1997 by Dutton Adult

To ask other readers questions about Beguiled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beguiled

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis CarrollAlice in Wonderland by Lewis CarrollStill Alice by Lisa GenovaAlice Adams by Booth TarkingtonPrincess Alice by Carol Felsenthal
29th out of 104 books — 13 voters
The Notebooks of Malte Laurids Brigge by Rainer Maria RilkeBeing and Time by Martin HeideggerThe Man Without Qualities by Robert MusilPhenomenology of Spirit by Georg Wilhelm Friedrich HegelSteppenwolf by Hermann Hesse
Best Books for Smart People
464th out of 486 books — 117 voters

More lists with this book...

Aunt Missy
I think this is the book I read. It is about a girls school at the end of the civil war. An injured shoulder is brought into the school and the beguiling begins.
Becky Kinzel
Becky Kinzel rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2008
Mar 08, 2009 Jami rated it it was amazing
I loved her ever since I read The Dragon Queen. I wish there were more than 5 stars I could give it. What an incredible story. I don't even have words. I wish there were more books of hers than there are. This is one of those books you have to savor, and when you're done you need time to "come down" before you pick up another book. It took almost a week for me to be able to enjoy another story I was that moved.
Paula rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2009
Carroll Straus
Aug 30, 2009 Carroll Straus rated it really liked it
I liked Devoted so I read this one. Devoted was better but they are still good, and there is a lot of interesting history in these medieval thrillers!
Lori rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2010
Marci rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2010
Jim rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2010
Abbe rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2010
Mar 18, 2011 Courtney rated it it was ok
It was alright. I had a bit of a hard time getting through it, but the last half was considerably quicker than the first. I'm still a bit in shock I think that I enjoyed the first one so much so many years ago and now? Am so not impressed. I've heard that her Silver Wolf series is much better so I am still going to give them a shot.
Chanpreet rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2011
Kathy rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2012
Aimee rated it it was ok
Mar 12, 2012
Sally rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2012
Kimberley Oxley
Kimberley Oxley rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2012
Ashley rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2012
Melissa rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2012
Sep 29, 2013 Callie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The second book to Devoted, this book picks up where the first left off. It followed the same writing style and plot. It is very invocative and enthralling, hard for me to put down! I can only hope she writes another!
Gina M Jordan
Nov 14, 2013 Gina M Jordan rated it really liked it
I'm still deeply lost in these characters, this world, I don't ever want to leave! I'm having a difficult time moving on to other books, as another reviewer mentioned, I need time to come back to NOW. The sign of the greatest storytellers is becoming such a part of their created world one stays within it long after the story ends.

I'd highly recommend reading these 2 books, in order. They were my 1st introduction to this author & now I plan to read everything I can get my hands on by her. :-)
Ash rated it it was ok
Nov 30, 2013
Elise rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2014
Katherine Aste
Katherine Aste rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2014
Cindy rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2015
Brighid O'Sullivan
Dec 11, 2014 Brighid O'Sullivan rated it it was amazing
Loved it and very well written and action packed too! Historical fiction. There are 2 books in this series.
Mary rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2015
~☆~Autumn♥♥☽ rated it really liked it
May 30, 2015
Dveith rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2015
Cassie rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2015
Feb 07, 2016 Booknblues rated it really liked it
Giuseppe Daddazio
Giuseppe Daddazio rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Kyriakis Curse
  • Dark Temptation (Blackheath Moor #2)
  • Again
  • Somebody To Love
  • A Knight's Vow
  • The Vicar's Daughter
  • My Lord Protector
  • Dido's Prize
  • Surrender to a Stranger
  • A Walk in the Clouds
  • The Ravening (Blood Moon, #3)
  • A Stranger's Kiss (D'Avenant Brothers Series, #2)
  • Slave Girl in the Harem
  • Knight of Glory (Kingdom of Arnhem, #2)
  • A Convenient Wife (Montana Mavericks: The Historicals)
  • Bound To Please
  • Erinsong (Songs of the North, #2)
  • Royal Blood
Alice O'Brien was born on 6 October 1939 in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. She was one of five sister of Katherine "Kay" Allen and Howard O'Brien. The O'Brien family moved to Richardson, Texas, when Alice was a teenager. She began her nursing career in Houston, where she met and married her husband, Clifford Borchardt. After a 30-year career as a licensed vocational nurse, Borchardt faced staff redu ...more
More about Alice Borchardt...

Devoted (2 books)