Start by marking “Beguiled (Devoted, #2)” as Want to Read:
Beguiled (Devoted, #2)

Beguiled (Devoted #2)

Elin is a woman of the pagan Forest People. Owen is the young Bishop of Chantalon. Amid the brutal onslaught of Viking invaders, they found each other, and their great love triumphed over violence. But now Elin's gift of "sight" warns of a new danger: a Norseman called Hakon who threatens her joyous union with Owen—and the future of her unborn child.

Set against a world of
Published January 1st 1997 by Dutton Adult

To ask other readers questions about Beguiled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beguiled

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis CarrollAlice in Wonderland by Lewis CarrollAlice Adams by Booth TarkingtonStill Alice by Lisa GenovaPrincess Alice by Carol Felsenthal
"Alice"
27th out of 94 books — 11 voters
The Notebooks of Malte Laurids Brigge by Rainer Maria RilkeBeing and Time by Martin HeideggerThe Man Without Qualities by Robert MusilPhenomenology of Spirit by Georg Wilhelm Friedrich HegelSteppenwolf by Hermann Hesse
Best Books for Smart People
463rd out of 485 books — 118 voters

More lists with this book...

Jami
Mar 08, 2009 Jami rated it it was amazing
I loved her ever since I read The Dragon Queen. I wish there were more than 5 stars I could give it. What an incredible story. I don't even have words. I wish there were more books of hers than there are. This is one of those books you have to savor, and when you're done you need time to "come down" before you pick up another book. It took almost a week for me to be able to enjoy another story I was that moved.
Carroll Straus
Aug 30, 2009 Carroll Straus rated it really liked it
I liked Devoted so I read this one. Devoted was better but they are still good, and there is a lot of interesting history in these medieval thrillers!
Booknblues
Feb 07, 2016 Booknblues rated it really liked it
Brighid O'Sullivan
Dec 11, 2014 Brighid O'Sullivan rated it it was amazing
Loved it and very well written and action packed too! Historical fiction. There are 2 books in this series.
Patrick Bättig
Jan 14, 2015 Patrick Bättig rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
2. Teil Mann der Kirche und Frau des alten Glaubens verbünden sich gegen einfallende Wikinger
Sharon
Apr 25, 2014 Sharon rated it really liked it
I liked this story.
Gina M Jordan
Nov 14, 2013 Gina M Jordan rated it really liked it
I'm still deeply lost in these characters, this world, I don't ever want to leave! I'm having a difficult time moving on to other books, as another reviewer mentioned, I need time to come back to NOW. The sign of the greatest storytellers is becoming such a part of their created world one stays within it long after the story ends.

I'd highly recommend reading these 2 books, in order. They were my 1st introduction to this author & now I plan to read everything I can get my hands on by her. :-)
Courtney
Mar 18, 2011 Courtney rated it it was ok
It was alright. I had a bit of a hard time getting through it, but the last half was considerably quicker than the first. I'm still a bit in shock I think that I enjoyed the first one so much so many years ago and now? Am so not impressed. I've heard that her Silver Wolf series is much better so I am still going to give them a shot.
Callie
Sep 29, 2013 Callie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The second book to Devoted, this book picks up where the first left off. It followed the same writing style and plot. It is very invocative and enthralling, hard for me to put down! I can only hope she writes another!
Aunt Missy
I think this is the book I read. It is about a girls school at the end of the civil war. An injured shoulder is brought into the school and the beguiling begins.
Patrick
Dec 19, 2010 Patrick rated it it was amazing
Follow up to "Devoted". Who says a sequel can't be as good as the original?
Andrew Barbin
Jan 08, 2013 Andrew Barbin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: junk-food, romance
An excellent and engaging tale particularly as a book on tape.
Nat Smith
Mar 19, 2008 Nat Smith rated it it was ok
Shelves: spec-fic
yeah, I know. leave me alone.
Judy
Jun 18, 2016 Judy rated it really liked it
A very good sequel.
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2016
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2016
Jamie Archer
Jamie Archer rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2016
Kimberly Blare
Kimberly Blare marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
Amber Jerome
Amber Jerome marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2016
Eric Vance
Eric Vance rated it did not like it
Aug 30, 2016
Melissa Mitchell
Melissa Mitchell marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2016
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2016
Jennifer Liscio
Jennifer Liscio marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
Sebastian
Sebastian marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Angie Das bin ich
Angie Das bin ich is currently reading it
Aug 14, 2016
Rajani Kirkman
Rajani Kirkman rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2016
Kimberly Butterfield
Kimberly Butterfield marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2016
Julia Walsh
Julia Walsh marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2016
Tellie Simmons
Tellie Simmons rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2016
  • Kyriakis Curse
  • Dark Temptation (Blackheath Moor #2)
  • Again
  • Somebody To Love
  • A Knight's Vow
  • The Vicar's Daughter
  • My Lord Protector
  • Dido's Prize
  • Surrender to a Stranger
  • A Walk in the Clouds
  • The Ravening (Blood Moon, #3)
  • A Stranger's Kiss (D'Avenant Brothers Series, #2)
  • Slave Girl in the Harem
  • Knight of Glory (Kingdom of Arnhem, #2)
  • A Convenient Wife (Montana Mavericks: The Historicals)
  • Bound To Please
  • Erinsong (Songs of the North, #2)
  • Royal Blood
Alice O'Brien was born on 6 October 1939 in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. She was one of five sister of Katherine "Kay" Allen and Howard O'Brien. The O'Brien family moved to Richardson, Texas, when Alice was a teenager. She began her nursing career in Houston, where she met and married her husband, Clifford Borchardt. After a 30-year career as a licensed vocational nurse, Borchardt faced staff redu ...more
More about Alice Borchardt...

Devoted (2 books)