The Cracked Pot (Clay and Crime, #2)

The Cracked Pot (Clay and Crime #2)

3.11 of 5 stars 3.11  ·  rating details  ·  89 ratings  ·  19 reviews
When the body of a new potter with a mysterious past is found in Carolyn Emerson’s raku firing pit, she calls upon her studio’s pottery club, The Firing Squad, to dig up evidence and crack the case.
Published May 6th 2008 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about The Cracked Pot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cracked Pot

Deb
Did you ever have one of those books where you just can't stand the main character, well in this series I just don't like the main character, she is bitchy, unfriendly, crabby,abrasive and totally unlikeable.

The author should stop trying so hard to be as clever as other, better writers in creating a strong female character for this one just falls short. She tries to hard to be flippant and misses by a mile.

If it weren't for the main character of the series I would continue with the next book b...more
Cornerofmadness
My mystery reading year isn’t off to a stellar start. This is the second out of three that have been disappointing to say the least. I know that once again, Mystery Guild has started us in the middle of a series but at least in this case this isn’t a huge problem. Our detective is Carolyn, a potter who owns Fire at Will, a shop that lets you paint your own clay and she has a little group of students (mostly mature adults) known as the Firing Squad who all naturally help her in her sleuthing.

Davi...more
Kasia S.
I found myself back in charming Maple Ridge faster than expected, the second book in the Clay and Crime series was even more fun than the first. Carolyn Emerson and her zany gang of pottery fanatics have enchanted me enough to be anticipating the 3rd book in the series out in November, but if that book was in my lap today I would probably be cracking it open in no time.

After meeting most of the original characters from the first book, minus the killer that was unveiled in it, I got right back in...more
Patty
Carolyn runs a pottery shop where customers can buy finished pottery, paint pottery to fit their mood or learn to create from scratch. Her one and only employee is a young man named David who is also the son of her best friend, Hannah. David is very excited because a potter whom he admires very much is coming to town to lecture.

The fun starts as decades old secrets start to come to light. Who is Charles Potter and who disliked him enough to kill him? Carolyn is determined to find out and keep h...more
Susan
Another shop owner who closes up to chase down murderers... I don't know how they stay in business. This digital version was horrible. Words run together (missingspaces, haha) which made it challenging to read.
Susan
I read the first in this series a while ago, but it seemed to have dropped off my radar. My loss! Carolyn runs a ceramics business in a quaint Vermont town. When she finds a body in her backyard, the lazy local sheriff suspects her employee David and his mother, Carolyn's best friend. Somebody has to clear them, so--despite her husband's warning--she enlists the group that regularly works at her shop, "Fire when ready," a group that includes a retired judge and a retired burglar.
VJ
Not the best cozy I've ever read but not the worst either. The heroine was rather dull. The mystery tended to get lost and I forgot what the point of the book was half the time.

Oh well. I might try one more by this author before writing her off completely.
Vicky
Sep 26, 2008 Vicky rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: no one
This book was just as disappointing as Melissa Glazer's first book. The story is poorly written and it is a shame people pay good money to buy these books that are touted to be good reads. I won't read another one.
Lisa
A good quick read and I enjoyed the characters. I especially enjoyed the food-obsessed husband. Author Glazer gives clay craft tips at the end of the story- adds interest and gives me ideas for future books + recipes!
Rosanne
A Clay and Crime Mystery. Apparently the author has written one before this. An interesting mystery, light hearted and fun, yet some intrigue to it. I look forward to reading more by this author.
Phyllis
Light read. Not totally accurate per pottery: lots of inaccurate description of the processes. But a quick, fun read.
Doris Pearson
Loved this story.. There were a few spelling errors that bugged me but the story itself was excellent.
Marzia Bianchi
Light, frivolous mystery centered around a potter, her studio, and her potter friends.
Linda
Kinda cute book about pottery and a murder....simple book easy read...
Danni
I liked this book. It was short, sweet, and straight to the point.
Maggie
Not necessary to read this series in order. Another cozy
Sue
This was good enough to make me want to read the first one.
John
this book was a fast read
PWRL
Nov 07, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
SM
Connie Steckel
Connie Steckel marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Raven
Raven added it
Jun 26, 2014
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
A Murderous Glaze (Clay and Crime, #1) A Fatal Slip (Clay and Crime, #3) The Cracked Pot: A Clay and Crime Mystery