Start by marking “Selections from the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts” as Want to Read:
Selections from the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts

Selections from the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts

Including an updated introduction to VMFA's history as well as full-color reproductions of art from the permanent collection, this newly designed, revised, and expanded edition of Selections from the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts features more 148 highlights selected by the museum's curators and staff. Spanning more than five thousand years and representing a wide array of ...more
Published May 1st 2007 by University of Virginia Press (first published June 30th 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Selections from the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Selections from the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts

Virna
Oct 23, 2014 Virna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fine arts freaks
This is one of my treasured personal collection - purchased from the museum shop! I'm glad they carried the soft-bound copy because I wouldn't be able to afford the hardbound version. But before you buy the book as souvenir, I'd suggest you to visit the museum first. VMFA is truly a gem - located right in the vicinity of quiet Univ. of Richmond. The atmosphere is somewhat reserved and you'll probably come across some hip academia dining alfresco in the cafe overlooking a sculpture garden.
Reflecting pool of VMFA

VMFA i
Stacy
Dec 30, 2011 Stacy rated it really liked it
Shelves: art-sculpture
Just won an autographed copy of this book at a school Silent Auction last night for about half price, so I don't need to wait for my birthday to get it. Yeah!
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2011
Jon
Jon rated it really liked it
Oct 17, 2015
Vmfa Book Club
Vmfa Book Club rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2013
Mon Ange
Mon Ange rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2014
David
David rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2009