Start by marking “Redemption” as Want to Read:
Redemption

Redemption

The year is 2045. Ann, a high-powered executive, working in an Artificial Intelligence International, is at the pinnacle of success. That is, until strange and elusive images begin to haunt her nights, slowly spilling into her days.

The robotic companion she created leads her to a startling conclusion…these disturbing images may be whispers and screams from her past lives.
Paperback, Printed book, 440 pages
Published October 9th 2014 by FRG Worldwide Oy (first published July 19th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Redemption, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Redemption

Angel
Jan 31, 2015 Angel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Although this novel is a sci-fi/adventure story, it is also a coming of age story, a coming of age of spirituality, of spiritual growth and understanding. Ann comes of age spiritually. Quoting the late great William Faulkner, "the past is never past"...... Without the past we cannot learn how to connect to our future, our spiritual future. The past has lessons we can learn and from that previous spiritual path we can enter into a new present and a profound future with infinite possibilities. ...more
Iva Kenaz
Jul 11, 2016 Iva Kenaz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review of Redemption Redemption is a unique novel that blends sci-fi, history and philosophy. The story starts in the future but the reader eventually goes on a journey through different time periods in the past, from Stone Age to the Second World War, as the main character delves into various lifetimes of experiences.
The heroine, Ann is from the year 2045 and works for an AI department. She enjoys her work and bustling social life, though she feels that something is missing in her life, particu
Myrthe
Jul 02, 2015 Myrthe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Redemption follows the story of Ann, a successful business woman who thinks she has everything under control. Well, everything from the nightmare that she keeps having: an endless spiral which really sets her off. Unable to cope with her bad dreams, she decides to visit a psychic who ‘makes’ her relive her past lives in order to get to terms with her current life.

As some of you have probably noticed, this book took me almost a month to read. However, that fact does not mean that I didn't enjoy R
Devi Nair
Jan 20, 2015 Devi Nair rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
+Jacklyn A. +Lo has done a marvelous work at narrating the story. The flow of the story is truly +captivating with +simple +language. The +emotions of various scenes are described so wonderfully that you can't help feel them for yourself. Every +turn in the story, every +twist in the concept makes you hold your breath for the upcoming new +adventure.

To read more, visit Redemption Review
Melissa
Aug 17, 2015 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
This is one of those books that I can't seem to find the right words to express how much I enjoyed it. You are taken on a ride to the past, to the future and more. This book is easy to read and if you are a sci-fi lover there is no doubt that you will love this one!

I was given this book in exchange for an honest review via StoryCartel.
Victor Smith
A Breezy Route to Redemption via Reincarnation

Jacklyn Lo’s debut novel, Redemption, is a fast-paced and somewhat trippy read—Artificial Intelligence meets New Age—which enters the burgeoning Visionary Fiction genre market (Reincarnation sub-category) with bursts of brilliance that bodes well for her future.

Skipping over any plot summary, which is included in several other reviews, I’ll comment on Redemption’s place in the increasingly sophisticated multi-lifetime fiction arena (think Kate Atkins
Peter A.
Jul 30, 2015 Peter A. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Redemption is a marvelous introduction to its author, Jacklyn Lo. It stands as her debut novel, and leaves the reader demanding she grace us with further literary projects.

Although the book is set in the future, and technology is advanced beyond what we now experience, Ms. Lo successfully captures the timeless essence of life as she aptly
retells the age old story of the soul on its tumultuous journey to spiritual completion and fulfillment, via the rounds of birth and death known as reincarnatio
Georgia
Aug 24, 2016 Georgia rated it it was amazing
‘Birth is not a beginning. Death is not an end.’

This novel is a ‘supernatural time-travelling thriller with sci-fi and metaphysics,’ but I think that it is much more than that. This book asks some important questions about life, death, reincarnation, God and the nature of sacrifice, but it does so in a sensitive and entertaining way, with the help of many characters and a great story.

‘Redemption’ is a fast-paced thriller with an unorthodox structure. The book is divided into three parts but also
Faiqa Babar
Jul 11, 2016 Faiqa Babar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Redemption is a much more than a thought-provoking novel!

Redemption novel by Jacklyn A. Lo is a great mix of different genres like sci-fi, history, romance and spiritual.

I liked how Jacklyn has blended the concepts of reincarnation, time travel and technology to make up the whole plot of the novel. The novel was engaging right from the very first page. The language is simple, which makes it easy to read for non-native English-speakers too.
The writer has a bright imagination and strong writing s
Richard Bunning
Mar 26, 2015 Richard Bunning rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This has elements from a mix of genres; including supernatural, spiritual, romance, sci-fi, and speculative fiction. Overall, it is well written and very entertaining. I particularly enjoyed reading this as a series of short-stories, being only disappointed with the lack of connect between the science fiction, the regressive themes, and the end of the book.
The past lives are all exciting reads, though saddled with my common complaint that it is funny how more often than not past life memories ar
Barb McKinley
Feb 20, 2015 Barb McKinley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone that loves a good book.
Recommended to Barb by: Author Jacklyn Lo and I'm glad she did.
***I RECEIVED A COPY OF THIS BOOK FROM THE AUTHOR IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST AND UNBIASED REVIEW***

This is, simply put, a great read. "REDEMPTION" is an apt title for the main plot of this story. Author Jacklyn Lo does a marvelous job of setting up her story and characters. I could picture myself as the main character which made it easy to relate to my own life. There is a fresh perspective about our journey of life and Ms.Lo does great balancing action, adventure, history, mystery, tragedy and r
Jacklyn Lo
Oct 30, 2015 Jacklyn Lo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Redemption is a modern day Divine Comedy”- Eduardo Aduna for Readers' Favorite.

Jacklyn Lo's Redemption follows the life-changing and surreal journey of a successful executive as she realizes that material gain simply isn't what life was meant to be all about. It is 2045 and Ann, a high-powered AI industry executive, is struggling to find the missing piece in her life. A series of vivid recollections from various times in history, an enchanting and mysterious stranger, and a psychic woman may ho
Muhammad VaKas
Jul 13, 2016 Muhammad VaKas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone as it will certainly bring spark back into their lives.
Recommended to Muhammad by: frind
BEST FICTION STORY !

“Redemption” is a intriguingly, enchanting supernatural sci-fi thriller that keeps the reader on edge as the protagonist “Ann” embarks upon a journey into unknown realms to search for the truth veiled within a troubled past.
The reader is taken on a journey through time starting from Chicago in the year 2045, to the Stone Age, 1st Century A.D in Rome, 17th century France, the Russia of 1941 and then finally heaven, where Ann was destined to be.
From what began as a nightmare
Igor Eliseev
Jul 21, 2016 Igor Eliseev rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters

Oh so many wonderful discoveries
the Wisdom Spirit brings to us,
together with the Experience — the child of hard mistakes,
and the Genius — the friend of paradoxes,
and the Chance — the Lord the inventor.
And of course not everything is as bad as it was meant to be…

I must say that I pay close attention, and respect people for who are not limited to material life, but perceive their inner world through art and mystical revelation.
Redemption: Supernatural Time-Tr
S.M.R. Saia
Jan 16, 2015 S.M.R. Saia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Redemption is a fascinating and epic journey into human history, seen through the eyes of a woman who is suddenly stirred to ask, what is the purpose of life? By the time you reach its surprising conclusion you’ll be asking questions about your motives and values that you never thought to ask before. The historical sequences, which make up the bulk of the book, are particularly compelling, and were my favorite part. That said, Lo paints a fascinating modern world dominated by a very imaginative ...more
Ica Iova
Jan 25, 2015 Ica Iova rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

EVERYONE DIES…But what if death isn’t the end? What if it is simply a link in a reincarnation chain that spans the centuries and millennia? What if all of us are trapped in an endless cycle of lives, doomed to suffer and die over and over again? Wouldn’t you want to break free?
That’s how the book starts and these are questions you’ll ask yourself after you finish this book.
A thought-provoking plot, especially if you like sci-fi. However, this book is so much more. It take you from the future de
May Sage
Sep 08, 2015 May Sage rated it it was amazing
I've read Redemption a while ago and it was a good solid story - then I heard it had been re edited and I decided to give it a try...
Oh my god. Like, seriously. It's slow, sensual, gripping, meaningful and the writing matches the amazing worlds we travel with Ann.
I don't read many time traveling story, let alone serious metaphysical stuff; which is why I can say for a fact: this book will please any reader - there's something for every taste, from romance, to action and historical revisits. Lovi
Joannes Rhino
Jan 18, 2015 Joannes Rhino rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Redemption is an sci-fi/adventure reading. When I say sci-fi, that doesn't mean full of complicated information that will confuse readers. The language is simple, and that makes the readers continue reading without getting bored. The emotions of the characters are so well that I can feel them personally. The twists and turns are something that I didn't see them coming. Quite an entertain reading! Good adventure story! very imaginative!
Tim Pyke
Apr 23, 2015 Tim Pyke rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an enjoyable sci-fi / philosophical novel, taking the reader to the past and future through a series of past live. Starting in a future Chicago the main character questions her existence. Time travel and multiple dimensions are used as plot devices which works well for the story. What is the purpose of life is the overall question, which is answered at the end in a surprising way. An interesting read.
Joannes Rhino
Jan 21, 2015 Joannes Rhino rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Redemption is an sci-fi/adventure reading. When I say sci-fi, that doesn't mean full of complicated information that will confuse readers. The language is simple, and that makes the readers continue reading without getting bored. The emotions of the characters are so well that I can feel them personally. The twists and turns are something that I didn't see them coming. Quite an entertain reading! Good adventure story! Very imaginative!
John Mathews
Jul 17, 2016 John Mathews rated it it was amazing
A great book about the possibility that we live multiple lives. An engaging story with an unforgettable lead character, Anne. She has to make sacrifices, leaving behind some superficial wants, for the highest intangible values. The end is very satisfying and will almost leave you thinking "Gee, I wish it were really that way." A must read.
Marie Cordalis
Marie Cordalis rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2015
Joanne Buoncore
Joanne Buoncore rated it really liked it
Nov 25, 2016
Arthur Schwartz
Arthur Schwartz rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2015
Jacklyn Lo
Jacklyn Lo rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2015
Boyko Ovcharov
Boyko Ovcharov rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2016
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2015
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2015
Elsbeth
Elsbeth marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Gypsy Soul
Gypsy Soul marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Micielle
Micielle marked it as to-read
Dr. Cole Marie Mckinnon
Dr. Cole Marie Mckinnon marked it as to-read
Roxanne
Roxanne marked it as to-read
Mary Emmanuelle LLenos
Mary Emmanuelle LLenos marked it as to-read
Frederick Rotzien
Frederick Rotzien marked it as to-read
Samantha Dragon
Samantha Dragon marked it as to-read
Nicola Fantom
Nicola Fantom marked it as to-read
Stella Clarkson
Stella Clarkson marked it as to-read
siska
siska marked it as to-read
Ash Bansal
Ash Bansal marked it as to-read
Ayoub Karrouri
Ayoub Karrouri marked it as to-read
Lili
Lili marked it as to-read
Richa
Richa marked it as to-read
Betty
Betty marked it as to-read
Gupta Anirudha
Gupta Anirudha marked it as to-read
Carla Lobosco
Carla Lobosco marked it as to-read
Tammy Pooser
Tammy Pooser marked it as to-read
Mia Redgrave
Mia Redgrave marked it as to-read
Carla
Carla marked it as to-read
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Desi
Desi marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Goodreads Authors...: .99C The choices, karma & Nirvana- All in One! 1 2 Jul 18, 2016 09:48AM
Time Travel: Winner Declared April "Redemption" by Jacklyn A. Lo 19 43 Nov 09, 2015 11:33AM
#1 Best Seller in the Kindle Store 1 1 Jul 24, 2015 04:14AM
Amazon Kindle Pri...: FREE ebook! Till July 21st 1 7 Jul 19, 2015 10:11AM
Get My Free Book: EBOOK for FREE! 1 4 Jul 19, 2015 10:07AM
Get My Free Book: EBOOK for FREE! 1 1 Jul 19, 2015 10:03AM
Goodreads Authors...: 99¢ Adventure, Action, Thriller 1 3 Jul 10, 2015 10:58AM
  • Tacit Dimension
  • The Orphan Conspiracies: 29 Conspiracy Theories from The Orphan Trilogy
  • Progress and Poverty
  • The Love Machine (Love Inc #1)
  • Piercing Midnight
  • Life on Planet WWF
  • Other Than Sadness
  • Mirrored Voices : Best Contemporary Poetry
  • Port Arthur
  • Tom Thorneval: Dream Merchant Extraordinaire
  • High Witch Next Generation (Generations, #1)
  • frankly TWISTED: the lost files
  • Kasmah Forma (The Kasmah Forma Trilogy, #1)
  • Dear Lover,