Start by marking “Go Fug Yourself: The Fug Awards” as Want to Read:
Go Fug Yourself: The Fug Awards

Go Fug Yourself: The Fug Awards

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  127 ratings  ·  33 reviews
Hailed as "the meanest queens in the cafeteria" by the Village Voice and "viciously funny" by The Hollywood Reporter, Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan entertain 3.5 million unique visitors every month via Their smart, scathing dressing-down of fashion disasters has become a media sensation, with Time dubbing their website one of the fifty coolest blogs a ...more
Published February 5th 2008 by Simon Spotlight Entertainment

To ask other readers questions about Go Fug Yourself, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Go Fug Yourself

Admit it. The title catches your eye and you wonder to yourself what the book is about. That's how I got lured into reading it. The content is strangely entertaining. I found myself chuckling and at the same time feeling ashamed about laughing at others. The authors have quite the skill at spotting and analyzing with humor what they believe to be fashion disasters, whether it be over-tanning, under-dressing, or overall scary. The chapters are split up into different categories where they discuss ...more
From the writers of the website comes this book which distills their wit and wisdom into the format of an awards show - while the pictures are not necessarily the most outrageous of the outfits the Fug Girls have fugged, there's still entertainment galore within this volume. The Fug Girls' comments are certainly biting, but they are rarely mean and for the most part the Girls clearly wish that the celebrities they mock would make better choices both sartorially and in their ...more
Heather and Jessica's trademark snark is spread a tad thin here, especially in the filler sections that introduce the actual "Fug Awards." But when they get down to the business of dissecting Tara Reid's boob job(s), reviling Brandon Davis and Vincent Gallo for being incurably skeevy and cutting Paris Hilton down to size, they are at the top of their game. The two "hilarious bitches" spread a little love, too, declaring their devotion to Dolly Parton and their sisterly concern for Rupert Grint, ...more
*Miss Fame*
Sep 15, 2015 *Miss Fame* marked it as to-read
Um... I'm pretty sure this book must have been written by my bestie and me because "fug" was our word back in the 8th grade (which was in 1998)... we were even playing video games one time and we kept shouting "FUG!" and her older sister said "Mom and Dad are coming home soon so you two should stop swearing!" Lol... not to mention it was written by a Heather... which is our nicknames... so something seems amiss here. I'm positive we wrote this book :-p I must read it to confirm ;)
This mostly reminded me of how much the Fug Girls have changed: the book has a lot of personal attacks, while their site now is much more focused on clothes and being funny. There were a few really great sections, lots of amazing lines, and several sheerly awesome photos - I definitely don't regret reading, but if you're picking it up NOW as a current reader of the site, be warned that the tone is pretty different.

Granted, I'm coming to this juuust about four years late, so.
The blog on which this book is based is my favorite daily read—Go Fug Yourself, oh light of my lunch break! The book contains all-new material, and it, too, is very funny, although perhaps not as tea-snarfing hilarious as the site occasionally is. (Sharon Stone offers life advice to Lindsay Lohan: still the funniest post ever, y/n?) Will be curious to see how this weathers, and whether/how much I’ll be laughing if I reread it a year from now—or ten.
If you do not visit the blog Go Fug Yourself you are missing out on soem delightful comedy writing at the expense of badly-dressed celebrities. The authors of the blog manage to make this hilarious book using the usual suspects in fashion crime without repeating their blog entries at all.

Hilarious and essential. I'm so glad my daughter spent her money on it so I didn't have to.
Stewart Tame
Fun book, one of the many website-based books floating around in the bookstores these days. I normally don't pay much attention to fashion and/or celebrity but I was entertained nonetheless. The writers manage to be catty and arch without being outright vicious about it. Don't know that I'd rush to check out the website but I'm glad I read the book.
Jul 15, 2008 Hayden rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: adult, nf
I am a big fan of the the Go Fug Yourself blog, and I think what the Fug ladies do works better in that format. Still, this book is very funny and 100% worth checking out from the library, if not worth the $20 price tag. Beware the terrifying pictures of Tara Reid's boobs, old and new.
Jul 10, 2008 Heather rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Breana, Katie, Mom, Kari, and all the people who love to see celebrities crash and burn
Recommended to Heather by: Lindsey
okay, so maybe this book was a distraction from the other books I am in the middle of, but it sure was FUN! I enjoyed the bitchy writing and the disastrous celebrity photos. I guess I feel inspired to keep reading US Weekly and People to continue my research on the topic...
Funny, snarky and not a mind consuming read. One flaw is that this is a timely book, many of these celebrities are no longer important or relevant, if they were to begin with. However it did make me feel slightly better about my own low-key (it looks clean) fashion choices.
I love perusing the website and laughing at the commentary, so I decided to read this book by the two authors of said website. It was not nearly as funny as I was hoping. I usually laugh out loud reading the website, but not so much at the book.
Picked this up at the library to help pass the time while I didn't write an important paper. The pictures are fun to pass the time, but the writing is terrible. One has to question the merit of the authors... Not everyone shops exclusively at American Eagles, ladies.
Jul 29, 2008 Anna rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Anna by: SPL "New Nonfiction" shelf
So shoot me, I like their website. But putting all that meaningless rancor in book form removes the ephemeral feeling that separates funny from mean. No longer a guilty pleasure, just kind of boring and empty.
Gina Boyd
I'm glad I bought this--the Fug girls make me laugh every day, and I'm happy to have supported them with my cash. I'm not proud of being interested/amused by celebrity fashion, but I am. Good stuff.
Such a fun book. Their blog is one of my favs, and this book doesn't disappoint! Snarky and comical, this is a great book for the beach or an easy summer read. And don't miss their blog!
Hilarious take on celebrity fashion by the girls of While I don't always agree with some of their fugging, their writing is fabulous and witty.
I'm a little ashamed, except not really. I love the GFY blog, I love their Fug Madness (based on the NCAA March Madness), and heck - I can throw $18 their way.
I don't feel the slightest bit guilty about how much I love the Go Fug Yourself girls. Their blog makes me laugh every day, and this book made a long flight bearable.
If you enjoy the website, you will enjoy the book. If you've never visited the website, but like snarky humour directed at celebrities, this book is for you.
Hilarious entries about amazingly fugly celebrity clothes. Neatly divided into award categories, and just as much fun as the website.
Sarah Asarnow
2.00am I'm also on page ~1385 on the blog - working backwards from the beginning of course.
Carrie Weiner
I laughed, I cried, I clapped with glee. The fug girls are funny, feisty & fabulous.
Melissa Cavanaugh
Hilarious, with lots of new material. Perfect vacation reading. Long live Posh Spice.
Apr 18, 2008 Tiamoyo marked it as to-read
I love getting books for my birthday...only wish they came with time to read them!
Not really a book, so much as a lengthy "Fashion Police" article. Fun.
It was utterly brilliant. A masterpiece. I was shocked to my core.
Love these girls. Oh to be witty and judgmental and paid for it.
Michael Rivera
Apr 23, 2008 Michael Rivera marked it as to-read
I just got this one today from Amazon, but I haven't started it yet.
Not as good as the website, but still pretty funny.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Science of Sexy: Dress to Fit Your Unique Figure with the Style System that Works for Every Shape and Size
  • What You Wear Can Change Your Life
  • Television Without Pity: 752 Things We Love to Hate (and Hate to Love) About TV
  • Miss Piggy's Guide to Life
  • 100 Questions Every First-Time Home Buyer Should Ask
  • How to Be a Budget Fashionista: The Ultimate Guide to Looking Fabulous for Less
  • 100 Dresses: The Costume Institute / The Metropolitan Museum of Art
  • Fierce Style: How to Be Your Most Fabulous Self
  • The Cat Owner's Manual
  • How to Have Style
  • The Pop-Up Book of Phobias
Heather Cocks is a die-hard sports fan, a Leo, an ex-reporter, a Notre Dame grad, a dual citizen of the U.S. and U.K., a sandwich enthusiast, and a former producer for America's Next Top Model.

Together, Heather and Jessica Morgan skewer celebrity fashion crimes on their popular blog, Go Fug Yourself, which draws millions of monthly readers and made Entertainment Weekly's Must List. They have cover
More about Heather Cocks...