Start by marking “Guided Inquiry: Learning in the 21st Century” as Want to Read:
Guided Inquiry: Learning in the 21st Century

Guided Inquiry: Learning in the 21st Century

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  7 reviews
'Guided Inquiry' develops research competency and subject knowledge as well as fostering cooperative learning, motivation, reading comprehension, language development and social skills.
Published October 1st 2007 by Libraries Unlimited

To ask other readers questions about Guided Inquiry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guided Inquiry

Tammy
There are several go-to books on inquiry-based learning, but this one approaches it from the librarian's point of view. Unlike Harvey and Daniel's "Comprehension and Collaboration", this book leans toward the theory behind the approach rather than illustrated models. As a librarian, I appreciated the slant that this book presents. It always disappoints me when I read about inquiry happening and there is no mention of the library or librarian. I realize in this day and age of budget cuts that is ...more
Kim Luke
read for school library course at Rutgers U
Clare Froggatt
This book makes me want to be a librarian. It is putting the language to my teaching style. Its hard to put down. Full of rich examples on using great books and guiding inquiry in classrooms.
nicole
not quite a full read, but i'm not counting it as a couldn't finish either. i find guided inquiry to be fascinating, although trying to keep up with my learning theory class was pretty impossible.
Jonathan Peto
This book has a lot of useful information in it. If your school's librarian was laid off though, you'll never be able to implement it.

(I'm sort of kidding.)
Bullcitytaheel
Don't let the thin looks of this book fool you - it is a slow read. It has a lot to digest; it would be great to put it into practice.
Laura Gardner
fine. I'll keep it, which is saying something.
Dyah
Dyah marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Sa
Sa added it
Nov 04, 2014
Marquel
Marquel marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Ms. Newman DHSlibrary
Ms. Newman DHSlibrary marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Jp Nu
Jp Nu marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Omër
Omër marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
R Ryder
R Ryder marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Guided Inquiry Design: A Framework for Inquiry in Your School Information Skills for an Information Society: A Review of Research