Start by marking “Guided Inquiry: Learning in the 21st Century” as Want to Read:
Guided Inquiry: Learning in the 21st Century

Guided Inquiry: Learning in the 21st Century

3.85  ·  Rating Details  ·  53 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Based on Kuhlthau's six stage Information Search Process, the authors present a convincing argument for recasting Guided Inquiry as a dynamic, innovative way of developing information literacy. Part I discusses the theory and rationale behind adopting a Guided Inquiry approach, as the authors elucidate the expertise, roles, and responsibilities of each member of the instru ...more
Published October 1st 2007 by Libraries Unlimited

To ask other readers questions about Guided Inquiry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guided Inquiry

Tammy
Aug 02, 2013 Tammy rated it really liked it
There are several go-to books on inquiry-based learning, but this one approaches it from the librarian's point of view. Unlike Harvey and Daniel's "Comprehension and Collaboration", this book leans toward the theory behind the approach rather than illustrated models. As a librarian, I appreciated the slant that this book presents. It always disappoints me when I read about inquiry happening and there is no mention of the library or librarian. I realize in this day and age of budget cuts that is ...more
Jeri
Apr 23, 2015 Jeri rated it really liked it
Useful theory, and a great model for inquiry in schools. On to the "sequel," which I hope is more practical and how-to. I also love the idea of "third space" learning.
Kim Luke
Dec 18, 2014 Kim Luke rated it really liked it
read for school library course at Rutgers U
Clare Froggatt
Jan 06, 2014 Clare Froggatt rated it really liked it
This book makes me want to be a librarian. It is putting the language to my teaching style. Its hard to put down. Full of rich examples on using great books and guiding inquiry in classrooms.
Marc
Dec 31, 2014 Marc rated it really liked it
Wow! That took me forever to finish. I think that this was more an indication of where my head was at than the quality of the book itself. I started reading the book because I thought that I should. I finished it because the ideas are becoming more and more essential to my daily practice.
nicole
May 10, 2009 nicole rated it really liked it
Shelves: mlis, 2009
not quite a full read, but i'm not counting it as a couldn't finish either. i find guided inquiry to be fascinating, although trying to keep up with my learning theory class was pretty impossible.
Jonathan Peto
Oct 27, 2010 Jonathan Peto rated it really liked it
Shelves: education, nonfiction
This book has a lot of useful information in it. If your school's librarian was laid off though, you'll never be able to implement it.

(I'm sort of kidding.)
Bullcitytaheel
May 09, 2008 Bullcitytaheel rated it really liked it
Don't let the thin looks of this book fool you - it is a slow read. It has a lot to digest; it would be great to put it into practice.
Laura Gardner
Oct 06, 2008 Laura Gardner rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfic, for-a-class
fine. I'll keep it, which is saying something.
Jessica Schmitz
Jessica Schmitz marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Connie Scharre
Connie Scharre rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2016
Ashley Garland
Ashley Garland rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2016
Denada
Denada marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
Teresa
Teresa rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2016
Janie
Janie added it
Jan 25, 2016
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2015
Emma Lindgren
Emma Lindgren rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2016
Mshields2
Mshields2 rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Dan
Dan marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Martha Taylor
Martha Taylor rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2015