Start by marking “1000 Rings: Inspiring Adornments for the Hand” as Want to Read:
1000 Rings: Inspiring Adornments for the Hand

1000 Rings: Inspiring Adornments for the Hand (500 Series)

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Diverse, extensive, and incredibly beautiful, this awe-inspiring collection features the most magnificent rings ever. With designs that range from the traditional to the very avant-garde, each of the 1,000 examples is an exceptional work of art, finely crafted by the best contemporary jewelers. Rob Jackson mixes antique industrial elements (a 100-year-old wrought iron nail ...more
Published August 1st 2004 by Lark Books

To ask other readers questions about 1000 Rings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 1000 Rings

Dana
This book is kind of part of a series by Lark (500 ________). These books have served me and many people I know as a source of Inspiration. They show one of a kind, hand made pieces by artists from all over the world. Some of the pieces also have descriptions from the artist about what inspired the piece or the ideas behind it. In a classroom, students could look at these books for ideas and see where other artists take their ideas from.
Mario Hiter
1000 rings contains creative creations for rings made 1 of a kind by various popular artists. Rings, inluding non-traditional materials such as pencils, were used in various creations. This book would be a good resource for this book-set to give students various ideas for making rings, and to step out of the box.
Amanda
This was my first introduction to art jewelry. All the work is beautiful, but some of it makes you think and question the role of jewelry in our society and in the art world. A great collection of what is happening on the contemporary metals world.
Amanda
I love this book, I love lots of the books from this series. But since I am a metalsmith and concentrate on rings this book is so inspiring.
Sherry Buchanan
This is an excellent jewelery design book! It includes mixed media, found objects, textiles and, of course, metals.
Jillian Geralds
This book contains an amazing collection of "jewelry as sculpture" that is both beautiful and inspiring.
Cassius
One of the best in the 500 series, great inspiration for metalworkers on any education level.
Beth
I got this for christmas in 2006, and I'm always inspired thumbing through it.
Avis Black
Terrific stuff. You can stare at this for ages.
Parisa
Parisa marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Suzy
Suzy marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Marina Gollandceva
Marina Gollandceva marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Daniel Velehov
Daniel Velehov marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Angela
Angela added it
Feb 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »

500 Series (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • 500 Animals in Clay: Contemporary Expressions of the Animal Form (500 Series)
  • 500 Art Quilts: An Inspiring Collection of Contemporary Work
  • 500 Baskets: A Celebration of the Basketmaker's Art
  • 500 Beaded Objects: New Dimensions in Contemporary Beadwork (500 Series)
  • 500 Bracelets: An Inspiring Collection of Extraordinary Designs (500 Series)
  • 500 Brooches: Inspiring Adornments for the Body (500 Series)
  • 500 Ceramic Sculptures: Contemporary Practice, Singular Works
  • 500 Chairs: Celebrating Traditional & Innovative Designs (500 Series)
  • 500 Cups: Ceramic Explorations of Utility and Grace (500 Series)
  • 500 Bowls: Contemporary Explorations of a Timeless Design (500 Series)
500 Necklaces: Contemporary Interpretations of a Timeless Form (500 Series) 500 Earrings: New Directions in Contemporary Jewelry (500 Series) 500 Bracelets: An Inspiring Collection of Extraordinary Designs (500 Series) Fabulous Jewelry from Found Objects: Creative Projects, Simple Techniques 500 Brooches: Inspiring Adornments for the Body (500 Series)