The Secret Diary Of A Grumpy Old Woman: Aka A Year In Big Knickers

The Secret Diary Of A Grumpy Old Woman: Aka A Year In Big Knickers

3.21 of 5 stars 3.21  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  6 reviews
With wit and humour, Judith Holder describes how she suffers and struggles on a daily basis: how her body alters day by day, wrinkles appear by the minute and hot flushes become a feature of daily life.
Published September 19th 2007 by Phoenix

Snoozie Suzie
I enjoyed this as worryingly I could relate to parts of it. It was an easy to read book for me, light and honest, witty and personal.
Kim
Sep 13, 2010 Kim rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010
I had this book for my birthday and it is a really amusing read. Worringly I identified with major parts of it!
Skyring
This was funny and poignant. Underneath the disorganised woman juggling family and career and trying to squeeze in some personal time here and there, there's a loving mother, daughter and wife.

How time whips by, with all the things you plan to do undone, and the reverse true. Life taken up with mishaps and afterthoughts. The placid holiday drifting down a river that goes awry, the surprise visits of the inlaws, the massive to-do that is Christmas...

A continuing chaos of things to do, things left...more
Katherine
This was an ok book but not great. I loved the TV series that this book is based on but unfortunately the book missed the mark.

What could have been an amusing look at a year of a working mother who's children are starting to grow up just turns into the story of a woman complaining about what she has to do.

At 38 though I am possibly 10 years away from the target audience for this book so I would recommend it to anyone over 45 and going through the menopause.
heidi
At first I found this book depressing, but when I got to the middle chapters and it hit on me how tough it is for a working mother to juggle her career and managing her family... this book makes me appreciate my mother more.

I don't find it funny even though I know it's intended to be so. Maybe I will in a couple of decades. But this book is indeed an eye-opener.
Ira Nadhirah
boring. berharap satu watak mati di tengah tengah.tapi nan hado.
Iain
Iain added it
Jan 27, 2014
Star Elda
Star Elda is currently reading it
Apr 21, 2013
Robert DuPuy
Robert DuPuy marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2013
Angela Dennis
Angela Dennis marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2013
Hidayah Rzk
Hidayah Rzk marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2012
Loz121
Loz121 marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2012
Grumpy Old Women It's Grim Up North Grumpy Old Holidays: The Official Handbook Mum in a Million Sweethearts & valentines