Start by marking “The Secret Diary Of A Grumpy Old Woman: Aka A Year In Big Knickers” as Want to Read:
The Secret Diary Of A Grumpy Old Woman: Aka A Year In Big Knickers

The Secret Diary Of A Grumpy Old Woman: Aka A Year In Big Knickers

3.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  31 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
With wit and humour, Judith Holder describes how she suffers and struggles on a daily basis: how her body alters day by day, wrinkles appear by the minute and hot flushes become a feature of daily life.
Published September 19th 2007 by Phoenix

To ask other readers questions about The Secret Diary Of A Grumpy Old Woman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret Diary Of A Grumpy Old Woman

Snoozie Suzie
I enjoyed this as worryingly I could relate to parts of it. It was an easy to read book for me, light and honest, witty and personal.
Kim
Sep 13, 2010 Kim rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010
I had this book for my birthday and it is a really amusing read. Worringly I identified with major parts of it!
Skyring
This was funny and poignant. Underneath the disorganised woman juggling family and career and trying to squeeze in some personal time here and there, there's a loving mother, daughter and wife.

How time whips by, with all the things you plan to do undone, and the reverse true. Life taken up with mishaps and afterthoughts. The placid holiday drifting down a river that goes awry, the surprise visits of the inlaws, the massive to-do that is Christmas...

A continuing chaos of things to do, things left
Katherine
Jun 30, 2012 Katherine rated it liked it
This was an ok book but not great. I loved the TV series that this book is based on but unfortunately the book missed the mark.

What could have been an amusing look at a year of a working mother who's children are starting to grow up just turns into the story of a woman complaining about what she has to do.

At 38 though I am possibly 10 years away from the target audience for this book so I would recommend it to anyone over 45 and going through the menopause.
heidi
May 06, 2012 heidi rated it it was ok
At first I found this book depressing, but when I got to the middle chapters and it hit on me how tough it is for a working mother to juggle her career and managing her family... this book makes me appreciate my mother more.

I don't find it funny even though I know it's intended to be so. Maybe I will in a couple of decades. But this book is indeed an eye-opener.
Ira Nadhirah
May 17, 2013 Ira Nadhirah rated it it was ok
boring. berharap satu watak mati di tengah tengah.tapi nan hado.
Libby Clark
Libby Clark rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2016
Guru Prasad
Guru Prasad marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Julie Green
Julie Green marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2016
Patricia A Metters
Patricia A Metters rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2015
Limingz
Limingz rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2015
Lisa Fraser
Lisa Fraser marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Tracy
Tracy rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2015
Lucy Reeve
Lucy Reeve rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2016
Miriam Michalak
Miriam Michalak rated it did not like it
Mar 21, 2015
David Calderwood
David Calderwood marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Sophie Brown
Sophie Brown rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2014
Christiana.K
Christiana.K rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2014
Holly
Holly added it
Mar 13, 2014
Iain
Iain added it
Jan 27, 2014
Anne
Anne rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2013
Laura Davidson
Laura Davidson rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2013
Donna
Donna rated it did not like it
Jun 12, 2013
Sujatha Subramanian
Sujatha Subramanian rated it liked it
May 26, 2013
Helen
Helen rated it it was ok
May 23, 2013
Star Elda
Star Elda is currently reading it
Apr 21, 2013