Start by marking “Reduce Me to Love: Unlocking the Secret to Lasting Joy” as Want to Read:
Reduce Me to Love: Unlocking the Secret to Lasting Joy

Reduce Me to Love: Unlocking the Secret to Lasting Joy

4.35  ·  Rating Details  ·  279 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
Best-selling author Joyce Meyer does it again with her down-to-earth style and biblical insights and revelations! With her finger on the pulse of today's believer, Joyce offers a part wake-up call, part rescue mission with her timely assessment of the #1 calling for believers: Love.Readers will learn that they don't have to be good enough to receive God's love, through und ...more
Published June 1st 2000 by Harrison House (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Reduce Me to Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reduce Me to Love

Latonya
Jan 22, 2009 Latonya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have never read any book that unlocked total meaning to me of what God's love is. I learned from this book that the word "love" is too often thrown around casually and the true meaning of love is missed. Love is not a feeling but an action word. I have to choose to show love regardless of how I feel. Futhermore, showing love is not based upon the behavior or character of another individual. It is my choice to show love because I understand the love that Christ showed toward me when He allowed ...more
Kayla
Feb 10, 2015 Kayla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If this book hadn’t been loaned to me, I would have underlined and highlighted something on every single page (instead I took notes – and eventually bought the book for myself anyway). This book has taught me to be a blessing to others, and in return I have been blessed. This book has helped me to love others, and in return I have been loved. Great advice for everyone.
Stefanie Martelli
A great book..reminds people of how to help each other and not be judgemental..
Re
Sep 05, 2011 Re rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another awesome book by Joyce Meyers! A powerful message about the power of love and the meaning of love, seen through the eyes of God's word. She shares her life experiences about love, and how she wrongly applied it for years in her marriage and family. She shares, that through loving our selves as Godly people,knowing the Love God shared with us, we learn God's gift of Love and are able to share it with others.
Michelle
What an outstanding book! Joyce Meyers has such an awesome way of putting everything in plain english that is so understandable. This book really taught my to start my own love walk and that LOVE is what God wants all of us to do even with the people we don't want to love. I can't wait to see the changes that occur in my life because of the way I am going to use love to deal with everyone.
Great read!!!
Maggie
Jan 13, 2014 Maggie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian
I love love, and this is a thorough workout in it.
Samuel Ibrahim
May 11, 2013 Samuel Ibrahim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I find this, one of the most important books ever written on the subject of God's Love. Joyce Meyer, through her own personal experience, explains practically and simply why love is the most excellent way and the most important thing in life. This is a must read for anyone who cares to live as God intended.
Jeleni
What a great read! I liked this book so much. It was introduced to me by a friend. It has taught me how to walk in love. How to love like Jesus. How to be reduced to love. Its my prayer that God reduces me to love. Watch out people of earth, I'm gonna love you like you've never been loved.......x
Jen
May 27, 2012 Jen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian-living
I like Joyce, she has a realness about her that is appealing. She shares what God has worked with her on and discusses it in a personal way that helps me relate. There were several sections that spoke to me and broadened the way I want to love others.
Umievette
Feb 17, 2014 Umievette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a goldmine on how to live out your love walk. I will definitely be picking this one up again. The principles it holds must constantly be at the forefront of our minds. Another Holy Spirit inspired writing from J. Meyers!!!
Cindy
Oct 22, 2012 Cindy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, finished
I highly recommend this book of Joyce Meyer. There are times when life gets complicated and the answer resides in these pages. If you don't believe me check it out for yourself. I guarantee you won't be disappointed you did.
Elatinamex
it opened my eyes about the real meaning of love and taught me how to show love to people without seeking nothing in return, very helpful for those who are introverted and don't know how to express their love to others
Cate Lau
Apr 08, 2008 Cate Lau rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Cate by: Self
This little book takes me to a different level in understanding
God's love and man's love. it was on sale 60% off. I thought its light reading because of the size. Don't judge...! Its rather dynamic.
Feb 18, 2011 Dawn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the first book I had read by Joyce Meyer. I enjoyed it. I think we all have to step back from time to time and remember that we were put on earth to witness to others and share GOD's love.
Feb 07, 2012 Dawn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my all-time favorite books. I read the book, then turned right back to the first page and read it again. It taught me a lot about walking in love...even when you don't feel like it.
Oct 23, 2008 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Joyce Meyer. Her teaching style is so down to earth and easy to relate to. This is one I need to read again and again to remind me what it really means to walk in the love of Christ.
Yvette (hooked on the nook)
Another fantastic Joyce Meyer book. She really hits home with me and motivates me to be better to myself and others.
Marianne Pita
Sep 16, 2012 Marianne Pita rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian
One of my favorites! Putting to practice what is taught in Reduce Me to Love is a challenge but I am working on it.
Kacey
Jul 12, 2013 Kacey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Possibly my second favorite Joyce book. Her teachings on Love are the ones I enjoy the most.
Jaymi Boswell
Apr 14, 2008 Jaymi Boswell rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: anyone who is bored to tears.
Recommended to Jaymi by: She did-of course.
Shelves: religion
As far as Christian writers go, I like her. She's like your own little personal cheerleader. Amen?
Wendy
Mar 27, 2010 Wendy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another must read! I will keep to read when I need to love others more than me!
Carla
May 12, 2016 Carla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book! It made me analyze how I interact with people.
Bridget
Dec 01, 2015 Bridget rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book with Biblical truths on walking in love.
Dawn
Just great learing how important it is to LOVE EVERYONE!
Nardos
Aug 31, 2013 Nardos rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was life changing and very educational.
Shola
Jul 02, 2011 Shola rated it really liked it
Might pick it up again.......in the near future!
Lisa Turner
I think everyone should read this book.
Voltaire
Jul 28, 2015 Voltaire rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
great book...great heart...great love
Chrissy Osterhout
Wonderful Eye opener!!!
Deborah Perkins
Nov 06, 2015 Deborah Perkins is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
excellent!
  • Drawing Near: A Life of Intimacy with God
  • The Christian's Secret of a Happy Life
  • Praying the Psalms
  • Study Bible KJV - Scofield Reference Bible
  • Have You Felt Like Giving Up Lately?
  • Scribbling in the Sand
  • A Life Unleashed: Giving Birth to Your Dreams
  • Adventures in Prayer
  • Not Good If Detached
  • Catholic and Christian: An Explanation of Commonly Misunderstood Catholic Beliefs
  • Fields of the Fatherless: Discover the Joy of Compassionate Living
  • Storm Warning
Joyce Meyer is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of the world's leading practical Bible teachers. Her nearly 100 books have helped millions of people find hope and restoration. Bestsellers include Living Beyond Your Feelings; Power Thoughts; Battlefield of the Mind; and The Confident Woman.

Joyce Meyer's broadcast Enjoying Everyday Life airs daily on hundreds of television networks an
More about Joyce Meyer...