Start by marking “5 Habits of a Woman Who Doesn't Quit” as Want to Read:
5 Habits of a Woman Who Doesn't Quit

5 Habits of a Woman Who Doesn't Quit

Have you ever gotten to the place where you just couldn’t take it anymore?

Dreams. Programs. Jobs. Relationships. There are so many different areas where we feel like calling it quits.

It’s time for an honest conversation on how not to give in to the temptation to give up.

Nicki Koziarz is a woman who has thrown in the towel a time or two. In fact, she’s quit just about
Published March 1st 2016 by B&H Books

To ask other readers questions about 5 Habits of a Woman Who Doesn't Quit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 5 Habits of a Woman Who Doesn't Quit

Kristy
May 08, 2016 Kristy rated it it was amazing
I don't have many words. Blew me away! Wow! Wow! Wow!
Sarah Koontz
Feb 23, 2016 Sarah Koontz rated it it was amazing
I'm so glad I got my hands on this book. Nicki's painfully honest storytelling made me immediately feel at ease with her, like she is my slightly quirky, always has a pot of hot coffee on, next-door neighbor. And since I live on my own little "fixer-upper farm," I could completely relate to so many of her stories about gardening, faith, and family.

I always enjoy reading books by authors who don't claim to know it all, but are wiling to share the tough life lessons that have brought them one step
Carla
Apr 11, 2016 Carla rated it liked it
Unfortunately, this book did not 'do it' for me. Many of the examples the author used were not relatable to my life. I thoroughly enjoyed the parts that described Ruth and Naomi. The author was really in her element on those sections, and I would have been much more satisfied as a reader had the book been written more like that. SO - while there were a few nuggets of wisdom found throughout the book, it was mixed amongst her writing style of what I might call 'silly talk', using trendy anecdotes ...more
Tori Cole
Dec 27, 2016 Tori Cole rated it it was amazing
This book was a great motivation. I loved how the story of Ruth gave a biblical example throughout the book of a women who doesn't quit. A good read for college age women who are trying to finish school and all other responsibilities that come along with that.
Joan
Mar 26, 2016 Joan rated it really liked it
This is a good book to read if you need a boost to persevere. Maybe there is a tough job project or you need to lose weight. Koziarz has gleaned five habits from the book of Ruth that will encourage you to persevere.

This is not a book about productivity. You won't find any techniques to help you prioritize or meet your goals. This book it about your attitudes. You are given five attitudes to have if you are going to persevere and not quit.

I'll give a couple so you can see the idea of the book. T
Christa Cordova
Feb 21, 2016 Christa Cordova rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book! The author offers wisdom, wit and an open, tender heart with her readers. This book is PERFECT for all of us who feel worn out by trying to keep up with our dreams of the future, hurts from the past and expectations from those around us. I highly recommend it to any woman who wants to fully show up in her life, lean into her passions and keep moving forward into a wonderful future.
Sarah Parsons
Mar 20, 2016 Sarah Parsons rated it liked it
This was a decent, easy read. There were some good nuggets, but overall not one that will make my top recommended list.
Patricia
Jun 29, 2016 Patricia rated it liked it
I do not like the writing style, but the principles are not only sound, they are biblical.
Laura Radniecki
Nov 07, 2016 Laura Radniecki rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
I never really realized it before but I am a lifelong quitter.

I quit sports and activities when I was growing up, I quit projects when they become hard and I meet resistance... I identified with Nicki and her "Quitzilla" tendencies so much.

This book was powerful to me. I enjoyed reading it very much. Nicki's writing style and humor made the book a fast and fun read, and I loved how she used the book of Ruth to illustrate the points she was making. I also loved bits of her real life woven into t
Sara Riemersma
Dec 30, 2016 Sara Riemersma rated it really liked it
Nicki is an engaging and honest writer. You can hear her voice on the pages. The habits of a woman who doesn't quit are not rocket science but so practically laid out and applicable to a busy, normal, and realistic regular woman's life that they are actually possible to attempt. Have I been able to make them habits - not so much - YET, but I refer back to these pages weekly to keep me focused and to remember it's not over yet. Totally recommend for mom's of multiple kids who are involved in mult ...more
Chelsie
Dec 03, 2016 Chelsie rated it it was amazing
Absolutely incredible. I found myself through the course of the book constantly thinking about the book, the principles, and all that Nicki had to say. It has helped me through a lot of really tough circumstances. I would definitely recommend this to anyone and everyone.
Candy Shepard
Oct 22, 2016 Candy Shepard rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. The author's transparency and honesty allows her readers to connect in a real way. We all have circumstances that come along that overwhelm us. Her insights help the reader remain focused.
LaShawn
Dec 22, 2016 LaShawn rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own
Such a great,simple read that will motivate you to push toward staying the course - in life, family, business, etc.
Nov 08, 2016 Laura rated it liked it
Shelves: books-we-own
I appreciated her thoughts but don't really wrestle with quitting...so I'm probably not the intended audience. I read it because it was sent to me. :) maybe others view me as a quitter. Ha!
Tracey Penrod
Nov 05, 2016 Tracey Penrod rated it it was amazing
This little book was an awesome read! Tracing the story of Ruth and how she never gave up, The Five Habits... Is full of advice and encouragement for when you feel like giving up.
Laura Meiser
Oct 06, 2016 Laura Meiser rated it really liked it
How long has it been since you really and truly chased after the God-sized dreams nestled deep in your heart? If you're like me, you probably didn't even realize you had quit the mission God has for you. Giving up when the going gets rough and perhaps never even starting in the first place can seem like a safe bet, but in this wonderful book, Nicki Koziarz skillfully shares practical advice for how we can all quit quitting and live victoriously!

Using the Biblical figure Ruth as an example of a w
Amanda Tolley
Jan 07, 2017 Amanda Tolley rated it really liked it
Nicki Koziarz does a wonderful job of relating the struggle with quitting and following through with the assignments God has outlined for each person's life.
Sandee
Oct 02, 2016 Sandee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book. It has some helpful prayers for those of us who allow our quitting voice to be louder than the others. Highly recommended.
Sep 28, 2016 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Good encouragement for women to keep plugging along and not give into distraction. Completing what we finish! Her writing style is sweet and honest, just not as literarily string as I'm used to. But this was her first book!
Sambasivan
Dec 26, 2016 Sambasivan rated it liked it
The principles are simple. The relevant Bible stories are apt. The advice is good. This could have been written as a long essay instead of a short book to have a more meaningful impact.
Katrina Epperson
Feb 29, 2016 Katrina Epperson rated it it was amazing
Nicki Koziarz brings us a book that is a must for every woman to read/study!!!
To be honest when I received this book I looked at it and thought 197 pages, no big deal. I'll finish it in 2 days.
Wrong!!!
I say this because yes, it would have been easy for me to have read it in 2 days, but from page 1 I was drawn into this book. I found myself not just reading this, but absorbing it. It was so thought provoking that I would just stop and reflect on all I had read, then go back and reread sections.
Krista Schnee
Feb 19, 2016 Krista Schnee rated it it was amazing
Are you tired of an endless cycle of defeat and discouragement, whether in your work or personal life? Perhaps you can look back and see the many times where you have given up on goals and aspirations, relationships, or dreams. Quitting has become a habit, and you begin to doubt yourself and maybe even God. And others know that they cannot rely on you to follow through on your commitments.

But what if you could change this? You could become a woman who doesn't quit? In her new book, 5 Habits of a
Stephanie
May 19, 2016 Stephanie rated it really liked it
I read this as part of a Proverbs 31 book study through their website. While I skipped a lot of the extras (conference calls, Twitter chats, etc) I still felt I learned a lot from this book. Koziarz takes a different look at the story of Ruth from the Bible and compares Ruth's experience to that of a modern woman who takes on too much and starts quitting things (commitments, losing weight, faith, etc).

It was a very unique look at the Book of Ruth, and I really appreciated her fresh point of view
Carmen Ledford
Mar 01, 2016 Carmen Ledford rated it it was amazing
This book was an easy read by Nicki Koziarz. It is filled with honest, vulnerable stories from the author along with the story of Ruth, both of which didn’t quit when adversity came to them. I loved how real and authentic Koziarz was in the book, not giving a clinical prescription on how not to quit, but more like a friend talking to you and sharing her experiences to help you through a problem. The book was everything from funny to inspiring to me. She pointed out many things related to quittin ...more
Crystal Scott
Apr 28, 2016 Crystal Scott rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for a book that will put you in your place, then Nicki Koziarz’s new book, 5 Habits of a Woman Who Doesn’t Quit will do just that. I can not count on my fingers just how many times that I have quit: quit jobs, quit relationships, quit dreams, quit at well everything. What does quitting do for us? Nothing at all. Nicki knows about throwing in the towel just like the rest of us, but she has decided enough is enough and it is time we don’t quit.

With God’s help, Nicki discovered
Robin
Jun 02, 2016 Robin rated it it was ok
Disclosure: I received 5 Habits of a Woman Who Doesn't Quit by Nicki Koziarz from B&H Publishing complimentary. Provided I give an honest response.

I found this book interesting when the author is talking about how she started on her journey of learning not to quit. I have issues with quiting at times and procrastinating. She explains how her husband pointed out to her how she quits with nearly everything. She also starts asking herself is she quitting with God and every part of her life? She
Leigh Ellen
Feb 23, 2016 Leigh Ellen rated it it was amazing
Feelings of being unfulfilled are real and raw! But, could it be we are unfulfilled, because we are cutting out on the assignments of life before they are complete? What do we do when we feel weak, overwhelmed and out of control? Do we give in to our feelings and quit? Or do we look to God’s Word to find strength, focus and a fresh perspective?

In her authentic and conversational style, author Nicki Koziarz, speaks directly to the heart of women. Whether you are a stay-at-home mom, a woman worki
Stephanie
Feb 29, 2016 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
I received an advanced copy of this book and began pouring over the pages immediately - it is A M A Z I N G!!! I am an accomplished quitter. I have quit so many things in my life that I have lost count. I NEVER quit things that are hard or difficult - I LOVE a challenge. It's the easy or routine things that I quit on. I lose interest...or get bored...or blame it on my ADHD - whatever the reason, I like to quit. And I am embarrassed by it and ashamed of it - this is the first time I am admitting ...more
Kathleen
Feb 26, 2016 Kathleen rated it it was amazing
Nicki Koziarz didn't quit her dream of writing and is now on her way to having a bestseller with her newly released “5 Habits of a Woman Who Doesn't Quit”.

Nicki shares her own personal and very candid stories to demonstrate how human the feeling of wanting to quit it all truly is. This book encourages us to follow through with our commitments despite how we feel. There are so many times that we are worn down and worn out. We are physically, emotionally, and spiritually tired. All these feelings
Helen Kerr
Apr 18, 2016 Helen Kerr rated it liked it
A clear, easy read, with lots of good nuggets in. Nicki writes in a very personal style, with lots of personal stories to illustrate her points. I couldn't always see where they were going, and sometimes thought they were not the best illustrations, but the book is definitely written to be as practical as possible so most often you can see that she was at least trying to do.
Using the story of Ruth, she goes through 5 good habits for women everywhere. She is honest and down to earth and speaks fr
  • The Mended Heart: God's Healing for Your Broken Places
  • What Happens When Women Walk in Faith: Trusting God Takes You to Amazing Places
  • Taming the To-Do List
  • Living So That: Making Faith-Filled Choices in the Midst of a Messy Life (InScribed)
  • Limitless Life: You Are More Than Your Past When God Holds Your Future
  • Graceful (for Young Women): Letting Go of Your Try-Hard Life
  • God on the Streets of Gotham: What the Big Screen Batman Can Teach Us about God and Ourselves
  • You're Made for a God-Sized Dream: Opening the Door to All God Has for You
  • Reluctant Entertainer, The: Every Woman's Guide to Simple and Gracious Hospitality
  • Love Idol: Letting Go of Your Need for Approval - and Seeing Yourself Through God's Eyes
  • God's Creative Power for Healing (God's Creative Power)
  • Gray Matters: Navigating the Space between Legalism and Liberty
  • Keep It Shut: What to Say, How to Say It, and When to Say Nothing at All
  • The 7-Day Doubt Diet
  • Gideon: Your weakness. God's strength: Member Book
  • Stuck Study Guide
  • The Emotionally Healthy Woman: Eight Things You Have to Quit to Change Your Life
  • The Storm Inside: Trade the Chaos of How You Feel for the Truth of Who You Are
Nicki Koziarz is an author and speaker with Proverbs 31 Ministries. Each week she helps lead thousands of women through P31 Online Bible Studies. She and her husband, Kris, own a fixer upper farm just outside Charlotte, North Carolina. There they are raising their three beautiful [but hormonal] daughters, a barnyard of misfit animals, and one slightly famous pug. After a broken experience in the c ...more
More about Nicki Koziarz...

“I’m all for setting goals and making plans for the lives we want to become a reality. I love vision statements and life maps, but I have also discovered the power of a woman who does just one thing.” 0 likes
“did some research on the effects bitterness can have on our bodies, especially how we feel. And I found out lingering bitterness can actually make you feel physically sick. There’s a term for prolonged bitterness, it’s called PTED (posttraumatic embitterment disorder). People experience symptoms of anxiety, depression, and rage. I have even heard that it can also affect their immune system and organ function.2” 0 likes