Start by marking “BATMAN: Gotham Knight” as Want to Read:
BATMAN: Gotham Knight

BATMAN: Gotham Knight (Batman)

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  87 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Ushering in a summer of Batman...
The Caped Crusader returns in this prequel to the Warner Bros. blockbuster film?The Dark Knight.After Wayne Manor is burned to the ground, Bruce Wayne establishes a new base of operations, and? as Batman?refines his personal vigilante mission, encountering foes both old and new.
Published May 27th 2008 by Ace (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about BATMAN, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about BATMAN

Andy
Batman: Gotham Knight takes place within the current movie continuity of the Batman legend, specifically between movie one and movie two. While there are references to characters and scenes from Christopher Nolan's first film, this book has its own unique story and introduces readers to a wider vision of Gotham City and its inhabitants than Nolan's movies have time to allow. Detectives Allen and Montoya are major characters along with Lt. Jim Gordon from the GCPD. While characters like Rachel Da ...more
T.M. Carper
A glimpse into what occured between "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight" that touches on some well-known characters from the comics--Killer Croc, Oswald Cobblepot ("The Penguin")--and movies--Scarecrow/Dr. Crane, the Russian, Sal Maroni--and shows more about Bruce's journey to becoming the Dark Knight with the touches of dark seriousness that trademark the Nolan adaptations. There are also mentions of people who are a part of the universe such as Bob Kane, the creator (his name is on a sign dur ...more
Joan
Samantha
Jul 14, 2012 Samantha rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Batman Fans
Review found at: The Real World According To Sam

This book wasn't too bad at all, although the back cover doesn't quite do it justice. It doesn't prepare you for what you're going to find either. It just basically says: "Hey! Here's Batman again. He's gonna fight crime. He's gonna face some personal issues. Things are going to pop up from the past. That's all we're gonna give you."
I wasn't expecting too much after I read that back cover, but I figured why not? I like Batman, let's see what scrap
Craig
I'm not completely certain of the provenance of this novel, it seems complex, but it's based on an animated film set in the universe of the most recent Batman movies. The cover says "Based on a story by Jordan Goldberg," and the title page says it's based on the screenplay by six people, including Josh Olson and Greg Rucka. I believe each writer must have done short pieces that were put together into a single long film, which would explain some transitions that are rather abrupt and an occasiona ...more
Katie
I LOVE Batman. I love the cheesey TV series of the '60s, I love the ridiculous films of the '90s and the more modern age Christopher Nolan films with Christian Bale. I have read a million and one comic books and graphic novels starring Batman, I'm reading the NEW 52 'Batman and Robin' and I adore it.

The things I most love about Batman (both past and present) is the ludicrous madmen villians, the action-packed fight scenes, the technology and the quick-witted remarks. The novels seem to dampen al
Ahmad أحمَد
نزل قبل فيلم دارك نايت اللي فيه هيث ليدجر عمل الجوكر، الكوميك عبارة عن قصص قصيرة لباتمان بعضها من بداياته وبعضها في وقتنا الحالي، عجبتني بعض القصص فيه، لكنه بشكل عام مش قد كدة يعني.
Jenny
This story takes place between the movies "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight." Action includes a sniper, gang wars between 2 competing crime lords, and super-villian, Killer Croc. I enjoyed Batman's gadgets - and you have to thank character, Lucius Fox, for that.
Robert
Jul 17, 2008 Robert is currently reading it
This novelization is fantastic. The author weaves all the shorts together and believably relates it to Batman Begins. A good Batman novel, not as good as Rucka though. Coincidentally, he wrote one of the shorts this book is based on.
Shal'tiar
It was an ok book. You can learn about the different areas of Gotham city. It bridges the gap between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Now I can see the movie.
Mary
Book takes place in the Gotham created by Batman Begins movie, so not that great.
Brittany Kay
This is a very well written Batman story set after Batman Begins.
Debbie
Not a bad little book, but then Batman is a lot of fun.
Ronnie
A decent Batman story. Worth the read for all fans.
Jason Armstrong
Yeah, I like Batman. Deal with it.
Greg Lindsay
A great Batman story.
Casey
Casey marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Richard
Richard marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Billy Candelaria
Billy Candelaria marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Roman Sailsbury
Roman Sailsbury marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Nicole
Nicole is currently reading it
Jan 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Louise Simonson (formerly Louise Jones, when married to artist Jeff Jones) is an American comic book writer and editor. She is best known for her work on comic book titles such as Power Pack, X-Factor, New Mutants, Superman, and Steel. She is sometimes referred to by the nickname "Weezie".
More about Louise Simonson...

Batman (1 - 10 of 367 books)
  • The Batman Chronicles, Vol. 1
  • The Batman Chronicles, Vol. 7
  • The Batman Chronicles, Vol. 8
  • The Batman Chronicles, Volume Nine
  • The Batman Chronicles, Vol. 10
Superman: The Man of Steel (1991-2003) #1 DC Comics Covergirls Essential X-Factor, Vol. 1 Essential X-Factor, Vol. 2 Superman: The Trial of Superman