Start by marking “Fifteen Minutes of Shame” as Want to Read:
Fifteen Minutes of Shame

Fifteen Minutes of Shame

What happens when America’s favorite dating expert finds out on national television that her husband is cheating on her? Darby Vaughn’s fifteen minutes of fame quickly becomes fifteen minutes of shame when the story of her divorce is splashed across supermarket tabloids. If Darby takes her philandering husband back, her career will be over. If she doesn’t, she’ll lose the ...more
Published March 25th 2008 by Plume

To ask other readers questions about Fifteen Minutes of Shame, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fifteen Minutes of Shame

Darshan Elena
Jun 23, 2008 Darshan Elena rated it did not like it
This review testifies to my own fifteen minutes of lame. This novel's achievement: faithful adherence to the parameters of chick lit, a genre I will henceforth deem chick litter. Still, I finished the flimsy ditty, which is its own form of shame.
Sep 19, 2011 Leah rated it it was amazing
When I decided to purchase Fifteen Minutes of Shame, there was no reasoning toward that. Lisa Daily isn’t anybody I’ve ever heard of. Basically, I went into the book blind. I didn’t look at reviews, I skimmed the synopis, I just bought it because I liked the look of it. Yup, I judged a book on its cover and I dove straight into the novel. And do you know what? It was the greatest thing I’ve ever done. Because I had no pre-conceived notions, nobody’s reviews buzzing in my mind, no low star GoodRe ...more
Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*
Award-winning relationship expert Darby Vauhn has her life turned upside down when she finds out not only that her husband has been cheating on her with his ex-wife, but that he’s divorcing her. What’s worse is she finds out on national television while promoting her new book. Torn apart internally, hounded by reporters and gossip columnists, and desperate to get her step-children back, Darby quickly retreats toward the warmth of a close-knit circle of friends and hires the best divorce attorney ...more
Jan 05, 2011 Virginia rated it liked it
Shelves: chicklit, read-2011
A chicklit version of Chalk Circle or Solomon's case between the two mothers, this was a fast and enjoyable guilty pleasure. I picked this up while I was at my brother's place in DC (it's his fiancee's, not his) and only got partway through. I didn't expect to like it enough (or care enough about the characters) to get it from the library when I got back home. I liked it. :)
Jul 07, 2008 Rebecca rated it really liked it
For those of you who haven't heard of Lisa Daily, she's a dating specialist and the founder of the Dreamgirl Academy, in which she teaches women to be their best selves so they can be better catches and find better men. She wrote the nonfiction dating guide book Stop Getting Dumped! which eventually became a bestseller. Fifteen Minutes of Shame is her first novel.

The book opens with Darby spotting her husband at a gas station down the street even though he's supposed to be on a business trip in
Jan 02, 2009 Monie rated it really liked it
Darby Vaughn is America's relationship expert. She has a successful dating tips book, TV and radios shows, a loyal following of fans and a perfect marriage. That is until her weasel of a husband dumps her for his ex-wife. To make matters worse Darby finds out about the break up from Matt Lauer on the Today Show and she promptly tosses her cookies on live TV.

Utterly humiliated Darby runs to the comfort of her "Dreamgirls", the group of friends that have been there for each other since college. Af
Feb 04, 2011 Emily rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, reviewed
Darby Vaughn seems to have it worked out with her life. She is married with two kids, step-kids but kids that she has raised the past three years and loves and a career as a dating expert with a new book out. She is finally booked on the TODAY show and instead of talking about her book she is asked about her impending divorce that Darby knows nothing about. Suddenly, Darcy has to figure it all out again when she though she had meet and married the only man she would ever love. And make some toug ...more
Dec 06, 2013 Ana rated it really liked it
Ok! this is the sort of book which will suck you in within minutes of reading the first few pages.I absolutely loved everything about Fifteen minutes of shame.This was my first book by Lisa Daily n I can assure you that this isn't the last. I'm already buying her other books. Yes,it was that good! Worth every penny,trust me(i know you don't know who I am but still saying..) I picked it up solely judging by it's cover photo n the catchy title.

It is about Darby and her weak-spined husband and his
Sep 13, 2010 Lisa rated it really liked it
What happens when America's favorite TV dating expert finds out on national televsion that her husband is cheating ? Darby Vaughn's fifteen minutes of fame quickly spin into fifteen minutes of shame. Not only is the most humiliating moment of her life splashed across every supermarket tabloid and celebrity gossip show, but also her reputation as America's love guru is shot.
Her fans are turning on her, her book sales have tanked, and her love life is fodder for late--night television. If Darby b
Jun 03, 2009 AuthorsOnTourLive! rated it it was amazing
Relationship expert and non-fiction author Lisa Daily's hilarious debut novel Fifteen Minutes of Shame, will delight fans of Jane Green and Sophie Kinsella. What happens when America's favorite dating expert finds out on national television that her husband is cheating on her? Darby Vaughn's fifteen minutes of fame quickly becomes fifteen minutes of shame when the story of her divorce is splashed across supermarket tabloids. If Darby takes her philandering husband back, her career will be over. ...more
Jul 30, 2009 Andrea rated it really liked it
This was a fun read! There was parts that made me really sad and other parts that made me laugh out loud. I really liked the character of Darby. I felt for her--about her life growing up and I identified with her--about her love cheating on her. And I loved how she wanted custody of "her kids" even though they weren't hers by birth. There are many stories about lost love, but I'm not sure that I have read one where the main character fought for kids that weren't hers. I enjoyed reading the littl ...more
Naomi Nair
Dec 08, 2015 Naomi Nair rated it it was ok
The book takes us through the life of Darby Vaughn, a famous dating expert, whose world comes tumbling down when she discovers on national television that her husband has been cheating on her with his ex-wife and planning on divorcing her! Overnight, she loses her status as the 'Go-to Dating Guru', custody of her step - children, her home and her career! How she rebuilds her life and learns to love again forms the rest of the story!

Good concept! The plot was fascinating till the entry of her la
Mar 29, 2008 Karina rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all romance, chick lit, and women's fiction lovers
I was really impressed with Lisa Daily's first novel and read it in one day, not wanting to put it down until I finished it.

Basically, a relationship guru has to try to save her career when her marriage falls apart--on television, no less. Throw in great characterization, good momentum, a great writing voice, and great dating tips from Lisa Daily's relationship book, and you've got yourself one fun read. I think it pretty ingenious that Lisa was able to interweave so many cool dating tips, whic
I felt this was a very realistic and wonderful book. Maybe it's not realistic in that people get dumped on national tv every day, but the book does a great job in getting the reader tangled up in Darby's life as it spirals out of control. Who hasn't faced a situation in their life at some point where they thought their entire life was over as they knew it? This book allows you to see how Darby regains control of her life after her loser of a husband betrays her in the worse possible way (persona ...more
Mar 05, 2012 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fun-romance, romance
This was a fantastic novel! I enjoyed every minute reading it!
This is definitely a must read, it is difficult to put this book down once you start reading it.

I would recommend this novel to anyone that likes fun romance novels.
This is a must read for anyone who likes the film "He's Just Not That Into You"

Darby is a fantastic character that almost jumps off the page. All the rules that girls are told are mentioned in this novel, we hear this advice all the time... yet Darby proves all of these ru
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
Feb 21, 2012 Crazy for Books (Stephanie) rated it really liked it
Yes, I think it focused a bit too much on Darby dealing with the fallout of her marriage, yes I think she was a little too obsessed with getting the kids back, but I have to say I really liked it. I would have liked her connecting with Holt a little sooner, but I think it would have made her look a little shallow and getting over her husband too easily.

I don't normally like this type of book, but this one I liked. I found myself nodding my head in agreement when Darby's rules of dating. I liked
Jun 15, 2008 Danielle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-the-ladies
What a great book! It was a quick afternoon read about dating and relationship guru Darby, her picture perfect husband up and leaves her on national tv. Her career shattered, she is most devastated about the loss of her step children Aidan and Lilly.

We follow the story as Darby discovers what is most important to her. She is smart, funny, and a strong woman who is able to listen to both her heart and brain...
Sep 21, 2012 Leslie rated it liked it
This was a good read - predictable in many places - but a light hearted romp through divorce and finding out who you really are underneath all of life's challenges. There were times when the author took you into darker emotions it wasn't all clear sailing, but like I said, it was predictable. Great for anyone not wanting to do anything more than follow along - you don't need to engage your brain to enjoy this book.
Aug 28, 2008 Jessica rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic novel from Lisa Daily. I've never read any of her dating books but I found this story to be highly entertaining with such a great positive message for women, both single and married. Plus, I fell in love with the love interest. A rarity for me. He was just so hard NOT to love. Definitely would recommend the read. It's very quick and light and will have you laughing and crying.
Marci Wise
Jul 30, 2013 Marci Wise rated it it was amazing
What an awesome book! It took my love of celebrity gossip, a killer romance, and a sense of humor and balled it all up into one great read! This is the book every chick needs to fill her "me" time.
At times both touching and laugh-out-loud funny, Fifteen Minutes of Shame" makes Darby Vaughn a lead character you'll cheer for!
Author Lisa Daily also slips in some great dating advice too, so who could ask for more?
Michele Minor
Sep 04, 2009 Michele Minor rated it liked it
This is a typical chick lit book where the girl gets dumped by her current boyfriend and she finds out about herself. The girl though is famous relationship expert, Darby Vaughn and she gets dumped on national television through the Today show. Her career is also jeopardized when her husband decides to go back to his ex wife and takes his kids with him since Darby is only their step mother.
Oct 14, 2012 Twila rated it liked it

I couldn't really get into this book in the first few chapters. I put it down for a couple of weeks and read a few other books. Finally I went back to the book and finished it. I am glad I did, because the book got better, and I enjoyed the humor. Sadly, I don't have anything in common with the main character, maybe that is why I couldn't connect.
Aug 12, 2008 Desiree rated it liked it
Light, beach book! Took me a while to get into it. The heroine is a dating expert whose husband decides to ruin her career by going public with the fact that he has left her for his ex-wife. I won't give anything away, but I did like the ending....
Oct 05, 2010 Mitzy rated it really liked it
This book had me hooked from the first sentence. I read it in less than two days, I couldn't put it down! If you've ever felt resentment towards an ex (or current distant lover), or just looking for a good femme read - this is it!
Jul 29, 2010 Monica rated it it was ok
What does one do when she's found out her husband has left her, but not for the other woman? What can she do when she finds out SHE'S the other woman, and has been all along? She can turn into a crazy, vengeance-seeking, shrew.
Mary (BookHounds)
Jan 22, 2009 Mary (BookHounds) rated it really liked it
Shelves: borrowed
I just love Chick Lit and with that said, this is a great Chick Lit read. This is not going to win any Pulitzer Prize but it is a nice diversion for a stormy afternoon. This is one of those books that has just enough elements where is could possibly be true, but not quite.
Jul 29, 2011 Margaret added it
Shelves: 2010
This was a quick, fun read which zoomed to the top of Mt. TBR since I wanted something light and fluffy. The main character maybe tends to over-analyze everything which is easy for me to spot since I think I do it as well. An enjoyable fun little romp :)
Oct 06, 2008 MarLa rated it really liked it
Recommended to MarLa by: Jen
This book is so hard to put down, I couldnt stop reading it on my honeymoon. This book is fun, exciting, and romantic. Read it!
Jan 17, 2009 Kathryn rated it really liked it
great book. I really enjoyed reading this one. I could relate to the main character and how she felt about "her" children. not your normal 'romance'... but definitely chiklit.

May 19, 2010 Michelle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Chick lit book that I picked up to keep me occupied while I was at the gym. About a date expert whose marriage breaks up. Predictable.
  • It's About Your Husband
  • Not Quite A Mom
  • Accidental It Girl
  • Always the Bridesmaid
  • This Is Chick-lit
  • My Favorite Mistake
  • Secrets of the Hollywood Girls Club (Hollywood Girls Club, #2)
  • Holly Would Dream
  • Confessions of a Serial Dater
  • Five Things I Can't Live Without
  • The Art of French Kissing
  • Scot On The Rocks: How I Survived My Ex-Boyfriend's Wedding With My Dignity Ever-So Slightly Intact (Brooke Miller, #1)
  • Names My Sisters Call Me
  • Room for Love
  • The Ten Best Days of My Life
  • The Divorce Party
  • Mrs. Perfect
  • Life Over Easy
I've been writing for a long time, since third grade actually, when I wrote a romance serial starring everybody's favorite hunky science teacher, Mr. G. Every day the girls would gather under the slide to hear the latest installment of Mr. G's feats of romance and bravery, which involved things like giving only the third grade girls cupcakes, or riding up on the playground on a white horse to save ...more
More about Lisa Daily...