Start by marking “The Making Of Goodnight Mr Tom” as Want to Read:

Book Review

Title of Book: Goodnight Mr Tom
Author: Michelle Magorian

Theme
Goodnight Mr Tom is a powerful and moving story about how love and trust can slowly develop in a relationship between a grumpy old man and a boy from a deprived background. The story is set during World War 11 and we see the contrast between London which was being bombed and the serene and peaceful countryside. The book is written from the perspective of the young boy.

Outline of the Story
At the beginning of the second World
Jordan
i had to read this book for school, and i never thought id like it, but by a few chapters in, i was captivated by the characters and plot. it was surprising and brilliantly written. Id definitely read this agian.
Lisa
Mar 31, 2007 Lisa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: wwII fiction fans
Shelves: teenfiction
I usually dislike war fiction, but this is touching story of a young boy who finds family love with a grumpy old man when he is sent away from the city for his protection in WWII.
Victoria
The book was a complete thriller, always continuously wanting more. I didn't put the book down for two straight days as the flexibility with in the book grasped at my attention. The tale of William meeting Mr Tom really made me question the thoughts I had on people and what it was really like to witness how William or "Willy" as he's addressed in the book - was feeling. It left me with a great desire for more and a passion to stick to a similar gene of writing.

Considering I needed to read this
Alicia
This is amazing I am currently reading when Tom has taken Willie back to littlewierwold from the hospital
Isabelle
This novel is about the life of an evacuee during world war two. Willie is evacuated to Little Weirwold and has to live with Mr Tom. This story portrays the fear and horrors that people had to go through during the war.

One of my favourite aspects of the story was the school, comparing it to our school today, you can certainly see a big difference. I really enjoyed this book because one of the characters (Zach) reminds me of my brother and how you join the journey as Willie finds friendship, disc
Mahek
The book was alright although it was really sad and depressing. The start was REALLY slow and kind of boring
Annie Bell
The review is for the book, not the making of. Still one of the best books I've ever read!
Michelle Fallon
One of my favourite books. Probably the first 'novel' I ever read. I loved the tv programme too.
Gary Gannon
Brilliant book ... Film does not live up to the clever words in the book
Begonia74 Daniels
One of my first favorite books!
Cindy
Wonderful book...made me cry.
Olivia Flaherty
reali gd film is even better
Zinnia
Zinnia marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Anne-marie
Anne-marie marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Atashalee Bonifacio
Atashalee Bonifacio marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Emily Smith
Emily Smith marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Lina
Lina marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Abigail
Abigail marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Great Fire of London (How Do We Know About?) People at Work in TV News People at Work in Mountain Rescue The Gunpowder Plot? Let's Learn the ABCs: Carry Case (Zz Carry Case Series)