Start by marking “New York State Of Mind ” as Want to Read:
New York State Of Mind

New York State Of Mind

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Legendary performer Billy Joel's bluesy ode to New York introduces children to the verve and magic of the city.

"I'm taking a Greyhound on the Hudson River Line - I'm in a New York state of mind."

Billy Joel's evocative lyrics invite readers to tag along as two spirited little dogs experience the energy and excitement of New York City, one of the world's most visited cities.
Published November 1st 2005 by Scholastic Press

To ask other readers questions about New York State Of Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about New York State Of Mind

Gail Barge
I love New York City so much and this books rich illustrations made me want to leave on a greyhound bus for new york. This book could be included in a music study of the song written by Billy Joel and the beautiful images in the book could be compared to real pictures of all of the prominent locations in new york. Students could then write about their own town and all of their favorite places to go.
Maddie
I really liked this picture book 'New York State Of Mind' because of the beautiful drawings in this book. I love the watercolour drawings and the style of art. It gives a colourful bright look on the famous New York City. The book is different to other picture books.The words in the book are lyrics to Billy Joel's song: New York State Of Mind. This is one of my favourite picture books that I have read.
Rachel
Really simple book- sweetly stylish watercolors of New York City, paired with the lyrics of Billy Joel's song New York State of Mind. The song always makes me feel a really strong sense of nostaligia for New York (although I still live here) and the book has the same effect. It would be a good gift book for a child who had visited New York, or had a relative who lives there.
Winter  Sophia Rose
Beautiful Story & Illustrations!
Janice
One of my favorite Billy Joel songs with pictures that make me homesick. But I'll look at them every time. Good companion to the song.
Susan
Love the song but it doesn't translate as a children's picture book for me despite the very appealing art.
Dolly
Aug 14, 2008 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading to their children
Shelves: childrens, 2008, other-usa
Narrative is okay - pictures are great. Our girls loved the puppy love story.
Rissie
Cute book with lovely illustartions. I read during a layover at JFK.
Atchisson
Really cute.
Kristy
Kristy added it
Jul 22, 2015
Diah Didi
Diah Didi marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Gobnait
Gobnait marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Dariel
Dariel marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Mariss7hotmail.Com
Mariss7hotmail.Com marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Valerie Hester
Valerie Hester marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Jordan Domoslai
Jordan Domoslai marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Melanie Kay Taylor
Melanie Kay Taylor marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Meg
Meg marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2013
William Joseph Martin "Billy" Joel is an American pianist and singer-songwriter. He released his first hit song, "Piano Man", in 1973. According to the RIAA, he is the sixth best-selling recording artist in the United States.

Joel had Top 10 hits in the '70s, '80s, and '90s; is a six-time Grammy Award winner; and has sold in excess of 150 million albums worldwide.[2] He was inducted into the Songwr
More about Billy Joel...
Goodnight, My Angel: A Lullabye Billy Joel Complete - Volume 2 Billy Joel - Fantasies & Delusions: Music for Solo Piano, Op. 1-10 Billy Joel - My Lives We Didn't Start the Fire; Piano Vocal