Start by marking “Lady Boss” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Lady Boss

Jackie Collins

Lady Boss (Lucky Santangelo #3)

4.10  ·  Rating Details  ·  5,096 Ratings  ·  104 Reviews

The dangerously beautiful Lucky star of two of Jackie Collins' previous smash, international number one bestsellers, Chances and Lucky returns in Lady Boss. And this time the shockingly sensual, ruthlessly clever Lucky is out to conquer Hollywood!

In Chances Lucky grew up in a top crime family. In Lucky, she was married three times. And now, in Lady Boss, she takes on H

Audio Cassette, 0 pages
Published November 20th 2000 by Simon & Schuster Audio (first published January 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Lady Boss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lady Boss

Michelle
Mar 04, 2015 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Still the very best book I have ever read. The book that makes me feel like women can be powerful creatures. Read this a very long time ago but I still love this book.
Kathryn
Lady Boss, for me, was kind of a risky investment of time. Chances and Lucky make for good companions in that they comprise one long story arc. Lady Boss, while carrying over several characters, introduces a new story arc and a cast of, ah, interesting people. The Santangelo bunch naturally are more three-dimensional and familiar, and only a few of the Hollywood folks endear themselves to you.

What's interesting is how timely this story remains. Lucky vows to clean up a studio mired in sexism an
Vette32
It didn't grab me like Chances and Lucky did. I was tired of hearing about the actors, and nothing seemed to be really happening as I grew tired of waiting for Lucky to come out her disguise (thanks Abe Panther for this ridiculous demand). I'm weary going into the fourth, but I have to finish the series since I started. Getting tired of Lucky and Lennie's "make up and break up" status. What happened to some of the characters in Lucky? Where's Costa, Jess, and Matt? Hell, even crazy Alice. I thin ...more
Carrie Kellenberger
Dec 21, 2014 Carrie Kellenberger rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, chick-lit
In Lady Boss, Book Three of Jackie Collins' Lucky Santangelo series, Lucky decides to buy the movie studio that her husband Lennie Golden is under contract with. Lennie hasn't been happy with Panther Studio for ages, and he can't wait to get out. Lucky decides to help him by buying the studio from Abe Panther, an aging businessman who is sick of hearing his family squabble about who gets the studio upon his death. Lucky convinces him to sell to her by promising that she will make Panther Studios ...more
Ilene
While I still love Lucky and Lennie and some others...this book just lacked a lot of everything. Too many characters, not enough development of them??

Abe and his whole studio charade, I get why he did it but it was extreme. I am with Gino, Lucky really shouldn't have went after it without Lennie knowing about it.
The Book Posh
Mar 19, 2008 The Book Posh rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: TRASH ENTHUSIASTS
This book was decent. It didn't light my fire but it was still a good read. I am on a quest to finish this series. These are my first Jackie Collins books. I am beginning to realize that I don't really love Hollywood trash books but they are, at the same time, kind of fun!!
S. Valentine
Jul 23, 2015 S. Valentine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jackie Collins does it again… delivers an action packed, bold, unputdownable book. This novel mainly focuses on Lucky and her journey to take over Panther studio’s, where she goes undercover. She wants to suprise her actor husband Lennie. It also follows the lives of several other intriguing characters. Jackie’s characters are as strong as ever, and her plots unpredictable and timeless. You never know what you’re getting with Jackie’s novels – her characters have a way of suprising you. I’m a hu ...more
Stephanie
Mar 07, 2014 Stephanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In LADY BOSS, Lucky has finally found the love of her life in comedian/actor Lennie Golden. Not only are the two different as night and day, but they are both as headstrong as ever causing them to sometimes bump heads, but the love that they have for each other surpasses all of that.

Who would've thought that Lucky would find love again after her beloved Marco? Three marriages later, and she has finally got it right this time around. So like any loving wife, Lucky tries to make her husband happy.
Chris
Apr 15, 2014 Chris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great beach read. It is another book I just couldn't put down. This one is about Lucky Santangelo going undercover to find out the workings of Panther Studio's for 6 weeks before she acquires the movie studio. I still try to imagine just who she is writing about in real life. I don't believe I read this when it first came out, so it's been fun reading these Lucky Santangelo books all in a row now.
Alona Perlin
This book is not as engaging as the first of the "Lucky" series. However, it is still a pleasure to read and draws you in to the various scandals and situations going on in the lives of the rich and famous. I know that the "Gino" is much older in this novel; however, I really think he is an interesting "individual" and I would have liked to have more of his character developed in this novel. All and all, Jackie Collins is still an incredible writer. She is vividly honest and you can't put her bo ...more
unknown
May 07, 2015 unknown rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Raunchy and wonderful!

Jackie Collins does it again. Fast paced and crammed with interesting characters. You won't want to put this one down. After reading this book about Hollywood stars and sundry other interesting people, I am so glad to be living an ordinary life as a housewife. If you like this author you will love this one.

Michael Nobles
Aug 31, 2014 Michael Nobles rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

Okay, so now I'm on the next book in the series, but this book was awesome. There are parts of this book that had me laughing so hard. Lucky is hands down my favorite female character in any book I've ever read. She's strong willed and is not about to let anyone take advantage of her. Awesome read
Dawn
Jun 21, 2016 Dawn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
'lady boss' is one of my favourite Jackie Collins books. I love the behind the scenes look at the studio business. It also introduces my favourite character from the Lucky Santangelo world: Venus Maria.
Its a book that i keep and re-read every so often.
Caroline G'wattage
Enjoyed and loved everything about this book!

Lucky Santangelo is the type of women we all want to be like, she is rich, beautiful, gets what she wants, without letting anyone stand in her way..

Lady Boss is an exciting dramatic and some way romantic book, like all the other books in the Lucky Sanangelo series.
The characters in this books, are so entertaining, Jackie Collins, has a great way, making you fall in love with these people in a special way.

Lucky Santangelo purchases a movie studio from
Good not great

I enjoyed books 1&2 immensely but this one wasn't great. There were lots of new characters and very little about the original characters. The disguise/undercover thing was a little silly.
Jennifer Oliver smith
Great book to take your mind off of your current world and immerse into Hollywood! Much like a book-version of National Enquirer and over 600 pages long, so there is a lot of it.
Patt
Feb 16, 2014 Patt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to agree with some of the other reviewers, it just did not grab me like previous books did. Non the less, I will continue reading
Jackie's books, as they are very entertaining.
Lara
Jan 20, 2016 Lara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I hadn't read any of Jackie's books before and decided I should since she just passed away. I wasn't that impressed, actually. Not sure if I'll bother reading anymore.
Fe Domenico
Jun 07, 2015 Fe Domenico rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not the best of the series, but still a pretty good story. The ending wasn't who I expected but it wasn't too shocking. I thought after all the hype of Martin and Venus Maria together, it was kind of a waste. I liked the epilogue a lot, except the emphasis of Lucky and Lennie's. Of course they get the "happily ever after" finish, but I know it's not without more trials and tribulations of the Santangelo/Golden family. It gives the reader more to look forward to in upcoming book(s).
Christine D
for me, the beginning was a little slow. picked up at the end. I ended up only caring about what happened to lennie and lucky. 2.5 stars
Govind
Aug 20, 2015 Govind rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad and not so good! As compared to "The Power Trip" little disappointed. Ending 2 chapters are thriller.
Stephanie
Sep 27, 2015 Stephanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am loving this series and all the scandals. Keeps me turning the pages and wanting more.
Diane Wallace
May 24, 2015 Diane Wallace rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
intersting story all the way to the end, highly recommend, excellent writing
Shellie
Oct 13, 2015 Shellie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series of lucky books! rip jackie collins!
Betty Brown
Jun 22, 2015 Betty Brown rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read!

Very compelling reading--hated to put it down!! Fun characters and plot..can't wait to pick up another book by Jackie Collins
Sharyn
Another good book in the Lucky Santangelo series
Agustina
May 24, 2013 Agustina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't too thrilled at the beginning of this book. It was slower to develop than the previous two and there were too many characters. I had trouble remembering who was who and how they were connected. It was sad that as I approached the last few 20 pages of the book, they story was still developing slowly. However, in true Jackie Collins' style, the book ends with a bang and you're mind is blown.

I loved the ending, how everything came together and fell apart at the same time, but all the juici
Peggy Ann
  • Savages
  • Scruples Two: Fifteen Years Later
  • Star Quality
  • Broken
  • Beary Guarded (Polar Bliss, #2)
  • Tales from My Hard Drive
  • Cloud City (Anna Strong Chronicles, #8.5)
  • Angel (Angel Summer, #1)
  • To Capture A Highlander's Heart: The Beginning
  • What We Do Is Secret
  • The Mallen Streak
  • Everything and More
  • Luciano's Luck
  • Appassionata (Rutshire Chronicles #5)
  • After the Pain (The Reflection Duet #2)
  • Once Is Not Enough
  • Lord St. Claire's Angel (Lords and Ladies, #1)
There have been many imitators, but only Jackie Collins can tell you what really goes on in the fastest lane of all. From Beverly Hills bedrooms to a raunchy prowl along the streets of Hollywood; from glittering rock parties and concerts to stretch limos and the mansions of power brokers-Jackie Collins chronicles the real truth from the inside looking out.

Jackie Collins has been called a "raunchy
More about Jackie Collins...

Lucky Santangelo (10 books)
  • Chances (Lucky Santangelo, #1)
  • Lucky (Lucky Santangelo, #2)
  • Vendetta: Lucky's Revenge
  • Dangerous Kiss (Lucky Santangelo, #5)
  • Drop Dead Beautiful (Lucky Santangelo, #6)
  • Poor Little Bitch Girl (Lucky Santangelo, #7)
  • Goddess of Vengeance (Lucky Santangelo, #8)
  • Confessions of a Wild Child
  • The Santangelos

“Once he had put the phone down Lennie felt restless. His wife was the most exciting woman in the world, but – damn it – she pissed him off. Why couldn’t she say – Lennie, if things are tough, I’ll be right there? Why couldn’t she forget everything else and be with him? Lucky Santangelo. Drop-dead gorgeous. Strong. Determined. Enormously rich. And too independent. Lucky Santangelo. His wife.” 0 likes
“Lennie Golden. Son of crusty old Jack Golden, a stand-up Vegas hack, and the unstoppable Alice – or ‘Alice the Swizzle’ as his mother was known in her heyday as a ‘now you see ’em – now you don’t’ Las Vegas stripper.” 0 likes