Blank-133x176
Lady Boss

Jackie Collins

Lady Boss (Lucky Santangelo #3)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  3,809 ratings  ·  76 reviews

The dangerously beautiful Lucky — star of two of Jackie Collins' previous smash, international number one bestsellers, Chances and Lucky — returns in Lady Boss. And this time the shockingly sensual, ruthlessly clever Lucky is out to conquer Hollywood!

In Chances Lucky grew up in a top crime family. In Lucky, she was married three times. And now, in Lady Boss, she takes on

Audio Cassette, 0 pages
Published November 20th 2000 by Simon & Schuster Audio (first published January 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Lady Boss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lady Boss

The Book Posh
Mar 19, 2008 The Book Posh rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: TRASH ENTHUSIASTS
This book was decent. It didn't light my fire but it was still a good read. I am on a quest to finish this series. These are my first Jackie Collins books. I am beginning to realize that I don't really love Hollywood trash books but they are, at the same time, kind of fun!!
Stephanie
In LADY BOSS, Lucky has finally found the love of her life in comedian/actor Lennie Golden. Not only are the two different as night and day, but they are both as headstrong as ever causing them to sometimes bump heads, but the love that they have for each other surpasses all of that.

Who would've thought that Lucky would find love again after her beloved Marco? Three marriages later, and she has finally got it right this time around. So like any loving wife, Lucky tries to make her husband happy....more
Chris
This is a great beach read. It is another book I just couldn't put down. This one is about Lucky Santangelo going undercover to find out the workings of Panther Studio's for 6 weeks before she acquires the movie studio. I still try to imagine just who she is writing about in real life. I don't believe I read this when it first came out, so it's been fun reading these Lucky Santangelo books all in a row now.
Alona Perlin
This book is not as engaging as the first of the "Lucky" series. However, it is still a pleasure to read and draws you in to the various scandals and situations going on in the lives of the rich and famous. I know that the "Gino" is much older in this novel; however, I really think he is an interesting "individual" and I would have liked to have more of his character developed in this novel. All and all, Jackie Collins is still an incredible writer. She is vividly honest and you can't put her bo...more
Michael Nobles
Loved it!

Okay, so now I'm on the next book in the series, but this book was awesome. There are parts of this book that had me laughing so hard. Lucky is hands down my favorite female character in any book I've ever read. She's strong willed and is not about to let anyone take advantage of her. Awesome read
Ilene
While I still love Lucky and Lennie and some others...this book just lacked a lot of everything. Too many characters, not enough development of them??

Abe and his whole studio charade, I get why he did it but it was extreme. I am with Gino, Lucky really shouldn't have went after it without Lennie knowing about it.
Caroline G'wattage
Enjoyed and loved everything about this book!

Lucky Santangelo is the type of women we all want to be like, she is rich, beautiful, gets what she wants, without letting anyone stand in her way..

Lady Boss is an exciting dramatic and some way romantic book, like all the other books in the Lucky Sanangelo series.
The characters in this books, are so entertaining, Jackie Collins, has a great way, making you fall in love with these people in a special way.

Lucky Santangelo purchases a movie studio from...more
Patt
I have to agree with some of the other reviewers, it just did not grab me like previous books did. Non the less, I will continue reading
Jackie's books, as they are very entertaining.
Vette32
It didn't grab me like Chances and Lucky did. I was tired of hearing about the actors, and nothing seemed to be really happening as I grew tired of waiting for Lucky to come out her disguise (thanks Abe Panther for this ridiculous demand). I'm weary going into the fourth, but I have to finish the series since I started. Getting tired of Lucky and Lennie's "make up and break up" status. What happened to some of the characters in Lucky? Where's Costa, Jess, and Matt? Hell, even crazy Alice. I thin...more
Agustina
I wasn't too thrilled at the beginning of this book. It was slower to develop than the previous two and there were too many characters. I had trouble remembering who was who and how they were connected. It was sad that as I approached the last few 20 pages of the book, they story was still developing slowly. However, in true Jackie Collins' style, the book ends with a bang and you're mind is blown.

I loved the ending, how everything came together and fell apart at the same time, but all the juici...more
Valerie
I thought it was very good
Ayesha Selden
I'm not even ashamed to give this Jackie Collins novel a 5 star along with writers like Toni Morrison and Alice Walker. Why, you ask? Because 20 years ago, when I picked up my first JC novel, as a freshman in high school, this filth lured me into a love for the written word. I read every one of her books I could get my hands on. I was fascinated by Lucky Santangelo and I wanted to be a Boss! So out of respect for the author who helped an inner city girl love to read, I give 5 *'s
Melinda Elizabeth
This was on my kindle to read, as I hadn't uploaded any new books from my last trip with the kindle and it seemed appropriate and dense enough to consider a legitimate holiday book. Alas it was so boring I only read it out of desperation for something to do, or to fall asleep. I couldn't even classify it as a toilet read. Maybe it hasn't aged well, but it just didn't hit the scandal button I would expect Jackie to nail.
Sowmya Dnavis
Nice book but too many characters to remember.. I was getting confused which character does what. But still I'm waiting to read the rest of the Santangelo series. I've the next book ready.
Edita
I really enjoy Jackie Collins's writing style. It is so easy going... I gave it 4 stars only because it was so difficult to read it in the beggining. It got interested only after Collins revealed who Martin was seeing, which is a shame as Lucky and Chances have drawn me in from the beginning. Nevertheless, I liked the book :)
Anne Marie
At first off to a slow start, this book became more interesting to read once the individual story lines became better. I liked getting to know the characters, and I like how there's characters of all ages and personalities. Lucky of course and her father, Gino, are my favorites.
Jacqueline Selecky Selecky Selecky Selecky
I LOVE Lucky and Lennie. They are favorite couple I've ever read about in a book. This book in particular had more characters than usual and they were all connected in some way which only made the twists more exciting. I can't wait to finish this series.
Nicole Jade
3rd in the Lucky series, loses a bit of steam.

There were so many extra characters that were a waste.

Lucky and Lennie had me worried for a bit and I'm kinda pissed how things got glossed over and just tossed into the epilogue.
Heather
Another edition of the Lucky saga. Not as good as the first two, but still noteworthy. Was glad to see some of the resolutions which came about although others were less welcome. Looking forward to seeing what comes next.
Joy
I am a huge fan now of Jackie Collins. I can't wait to read more of her stories. I loved how lucky got to be an average person named Luce to get the dirt on the insights of her new company. A must read
Michele Tanton
Really liked this book. Interesting to see where it was going and what was going to happen. Really enjoyed the epilogue at the end. Jackie Collins didn't leave you hanging waiting for the next book.
Rob
I would like to go through the Lucky series again, and pick up the ones I have not read. I remember I did not like this one as much as the other two (there were only three Lucky books at the time).
April
I read this book in my late teens (maybe early twenties) and remember loving it at the time... Just a cheesy, trashy beach read, and if that's what you are looking for it is just the thing!
Jerrilyn
Wow Jackie Collins sure can write a good book. Loved the ending, wasn't what I thought would happened. I liked it better then I thought I would. Little long, but go ahead and read it.
Gemma Mcvitie-birch
I always enjoy jackie collins its a competly diffrent genre and refreshing every woman should read a book by jackie collins i love lucky she is such a strong chracter and powerful
Mrsmommy Angelbears
Jackie Collins is the queen of my literary world. Her novels have so much life, character development and entertainment. Jackie's female leads give power to women!
Thank you Jackie!
Jeanne
Another good read from Jackie Collins!! Looking forward to the next book in the Lucky Santangelo saga. Not quite as good as some of the others in the series, but an OK read nonetheless.
Misty
Read when I was younger. Do not really remember the story. I do know that at the time I loved Lucky and Gino. Therefore, I am giving it five stars because I loved it back then.
Ida
Another 'guilty pleasures' book which I imagine is a slightly exaggerated look at the lives of the rich and famous. All the worst of the worst are in this novel.
Jackie Collins Fans: Lady Boss 1 3 Nov 15, 2012 12:39AM
  • Scruples Two: Fifteen Years Later
  • Broken
  • Once Is Not Enough
  • Lace
  • Luciano's Luck
  • To Be the Best  (Emma Harte Saga #3)
  • Queenie
  • Switcheroo
  • Message from Nam
  • Wicked! (Rutshire Chronicles #8)

There have been many imitators, but only Jackie Collins can tell you what really goes on in the fastest lane of all. From Beverly Hills bedrooms to a raunchy prowl along the streets of Hollywood; from glittering rock parties and concerts to stretch limos and the mansions of power brokers-Jackie Collins chronicles the real truth from the inside looking out.

Jackie Collins has been called a "raunchy...more
More about Jackie Collins...
Lucky (Lucky Santangelo, #2) Chances (Lucky Santangelo, #1) Hollywood Wives Poor Little Bitch Girl (Lucky Santangelo, #7) Vendetta: Lucky's Revenge