Start by marking “The Truth About James (Y.A. #2)” as Want to Read:
The Truth About James (Y.A. #2)

The Truth About James (Y.A #2)

For James Lawson, being a popular ‘King’ at school was a way of life.

Annabelle should have steered clear of him from the beginning, but when the star Baseball player
kissed her right before their senior year started, she did something she never should have.

She let him into her heart.

The first day of senior year opened Annabelle’s eyes to who James might be. But as the d
ebook
Published June 14th 2015 by Sarah Tork (first published January 19th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Truth About James, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Truth About James

The Deal by Elle KennedyConfess by Colleen HooverThe Mistake by Elle KennedyKyland by Mia SheridanManwhore by Katy Evans
Top Romances Of 2015
370th out of 541 books — 2,141 voters
Wallbanger by Alice ClaytonThe Law of Attraction by N.M. SilberThe Fault in Our Stars by John GreenSeduction and Snacks by Tara SivecAnna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Witty/Funny Couples
298th out of 445 books — 529 voters

More lists with this book...

Stefanie
Jan 22, 2014 Stefanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OMG.....I need the third book like now.
Throughout out the entire book I wanted to strangle both Anna and James. James is a a-hole who deserves to be punch in the face a couple of times and Anna needs to be slapped a couple of times too for being so damn naive. I understand how she allowed herself to be used and toyed with, especially seeing she had low self esteem but at some point she should've taken Jenna's advice and realized she deserved a lot better. I am really rooting for Dean and Anna t
Aoibheann  { ⊱Aoibh Reads⊰ }

SPOILERS
Review originally posted on Aoibh Reads

Annabelle is still losing weight but that's become the lesser of two battles. Having fallen for James just before school started, she now returns to see him at the height of popularity and mixing with the Queens.

He doesn't want to let go of her, but Annabelle struggles to believe he really wants her when she sees him flirting in school and doesn't include her in his plans. He always has an excuse and Annabelle wants to believe in him, but as he con
Laplumedelyla
Warning : This review is all over the place.

The Truth About James was a good read, slightly better than the first book, but it wasn't earth shattering good.

Annabelle was a little less annoying and James, well he's still a tool and a coward. (I also thought that maybe he was Bipolar? lol)
About Jenna,I'm not a big fan either, too nosey. I think that if it wasn't for her involvement in Anna's life, the problems between Anna and James would have already been solved and they'd be together.

The moth
Andrea
Dec 29, 2015 Andrea rated it it was amazing

*rounded up to 5 stars

This is so much better than the first one! Damn, I am sucker for couples who banter and go back-and-forth all the time. Although, that can be annoying and exhilarating, Anna's and James' banter is so bittersweet. James has a way with words and I can't help but swoon even if he is arrogant. It was also bitter at the same time because my heart is hurting for Annabelle. The poor girl couldn't decide what to do with James' hot and cold attitude.

For some, their relati
Cassandra Curiel
Nov 02, 2015 Cassandra Curiel rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Wow. One word.
ANNOYED!
There's so much childish banter and even more repeated phrases than the first book. James is a straight up jerk (keeping my vocabulary PG) with no redeeming qualities whatsoever and Annabelle is so unbelievably and frustratingly brainless. She makes mistake after dumb mistake and pretends like she's learning from it but NO! that's not the case.
Her mom is another thing altogether. She only "loves" her once she lost so much weight and became the ideal daughter. Had she not
Thea
Jun 26, 2016 Thea rated it really liked it
Shelves: summer2016
This was so angst ridden and I loved it. I know that the characters were absolutely crazy in their teenage angst but I couldn't help but fall in love with every moment. Annabelle and James together were a complete and total whirlwind. I mean, yes, Anna was a little immature at times and possessed no backbone but I still loved it nonetheless. James was...I don't know honestly. I don't know if I'm rooting for him and Anna to be together or if I want them to finally FINALLY go their separate ways ...more
Olivia
Oct 16, 2014 Olivia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
UGH WHERE DO I START ?? (SPOILERS)

I completely understand where Annabelle was coming from with her insecurities when it came to her relationship with James. I mean I can admit that I some points I was team James especially when it came to Annabelle constantly accuse him of basically cheating. I hated that Annabelle would accuse him without actual prove ..I mean Facebook picture don't count and don't get me started on Jenna, I definitely have a hate/love thing going on with her. With that being s
Jessica
Nov 03, 2016 Jessica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kelly
Nov 16, 2015 Kelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

But not as good as the first, reasons why you say. I hated how Annabelle would run back to James as soon as he would crook his finger,get some backbone girl. I hated that James said he wanted to be with Anna and then would stomp all over her feelings the first chance he got and expect her to be ok with that. I hate that Annabelle thought it was ok for him not to want to be together at school. And I hate that Annabelle became obsessed with her weight, she was more fun chubby. And I learned no
Abbie Mason
After the abrupt ending of the 1st one I obviously had to read the second. I really hated how the story was broken into 3 parts though.

I liked seeing Annabelle's progress with her weight and how she dealt with her new look. There was so much back and forth with James though. I was read to just find out what his deal was!

There was too much of James calling Annabelle 'baby'. It really got out of hand and bothered me quite a bit. I feel like only jerks say baby that much. Which since he is kind of
Liz
May 19, 2014 Liz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another strangely addictive book. I'm not a huge fan of high school drama but this series has me addicted.

I love Annabelle's character though in this instalment I was hoping she'd grow a back bone a little sooner. James comes across as an arse in most of this book but still has his pleasant moments. Jenna, Anna's best friend is a star telling her how things are.

The plot was a little repetitive at points but I guess that is how some high school kids are making up/breaking up all the time. I had
iamo  ut lego
Mar 09, 2014 iamo ut lego rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
James dude seriously what's your problem please get it together before I start to dislike you, I know your a good guy and there is a reason why you are acting like this towards Anna I just hope it's good.

Annabel what are you doing you should show this dude you are a force to be reckoned with. But you made me proud when you finally confronted jamesie boy. Just hope books 3 is a good and exciting hope you guys see sense and finally get it ooooooooooon for once and for all.
Ivy
Jan 23, 2014 Ivy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another brilliant book by Sarah Tork. YA2 Goes into Anna's senior year in high school and continues on with Anna & James's back and forth relationship. Obviously Jenny isn't thrilled about it at all and tries to convince Anna she can do better. After a meltdown between Anna and James's crew. Anna doesn't want to face him the next day, but reluctantly does. The story ends with Anna confessing everything to Dean and his reaction to her news. Impatiently waiting for the rest of this story.
Emily
Jul 24, 2016 Emily rated it it was ok
Stephanie C.
Nov 18, 2015 Stephanie C. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second book in the series delves deeper into the twisted relationship between Annabelle & James. People from two seemingly different cliques come together to learn that half truths are often seen as secrets, and assumptions are not always truths. Honesty & communication are the best policy, but you'll have a hard time finding any of that in this story!
Rachel Vanrensselaer
Okay

I read the first book as well, and I must say, the two books are very much a like. Not much happens that did not happen in the first book. However, it's a good quick read if you liked book #1!
Suey
Sep 28, 2014 Suey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Definite better than the first book. James got more depth and you could actually see how Annabelle got stronger. Big improvement. Even this unhealthy message about only thin makes you happy seems to get twisted at the end. I'm looking forward to the next book.
Michelle
Jun 11, 2014 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lot of editing issues...it was like fill in the missing words. lol Still didn't stop me from reading it. Now I must know what happens...so off to read book 3.
Mymy
AMAZING BOOK. NEXT BOOK PLEASE. The only critism is they always seem to fight in each chapter then make up. Overall, I recommend to everyone!
Paige
Paige rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2015
Sabrina wharmby
Sabrina wharmby rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2014
Eva
Eva rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2014
Damian G Hairston
Damian G Hairston rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2014
sally martinez
sally martinez rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2014
Karla
Karla rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2014
Jeanne Walker
Jeanne Walker rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2015
Katherine Crump
Katherine Crump rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2014
Shaima
Shaima rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2016
Julie stephens
Julie stephens rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2016
Mary
Mary rated it it was ok
Jun 27, 2014
  • Lovestruck (True Calling, #1.5)
  • Deciding Tomorrow (These Days, #3)
  • Private Internship (Art of Love #2)
  • Frequent Flyers
  • That's The Spirit (The Pom Pom Periodicals, #1)
  • Only A Kiss
  • The Sanctum
  • Her Perfect Game (Hot & Nerdy, #2)
  • Someone Else (Just You, #2)
  • The Broken Hearts' Society of Suite 17C
  • All Of Her (Fantasy Heights, #4)
  • Fate (New Hope Academy #1)
  • Breaking the Arm, Healing the Heart
  • Goodbye To You (The Kellys of Key West #1)
  • Mattress Mart Murder (Chloe Cook #1)
  • Pulse (The Forever Man #1)
  • Poison Tree (Reflection Pond, #2)
  • Brides of Gallatin County (Brides of Gallatin County #1-3)

I live in Canada. I have been writing stories since I was a baby. The preferred reaction to my work would be happiness. Here's hoping I can pull it off.

You can contact me on Facebook or Twitter, or my Wordpress site.

CHECK OUT MY FACEBOOK PAGE FOR UPDATES!!!
More about Sarah Tork...

Y.A (5 books)
  • Young Annabelle (Y.A #1)
  • What My Heart Wants / Waiting For A Fall (Y.A #3/#1-3)
  • You're What I Want (Y.A. #4)
  • Don't Stop Holding Me (Y.A. #5)

“Oh no you don’t. We made our bed, now we have to lie in it. We’re warriors, and we ain’t scared of nobody!” She claimed, holding out a fist. “We’re warriors Anna. Mean, hardcore, we take no prisoners, warriors. I laugh in the face of the fools that would dare confront us today.” 2 likes
“And the whole virginity thing, are you okay about that? Are you devastated now that you know what you know and you’ve given it to him?” She asked. I shook my head. “No, I wanted to.” Jenna rolled her eyes. “I’m sure it was nothing to call the president about anyways.” “It was pretty good.” I informed her sheepishly. “Anna!” Jenna jaw dropped. “You’re not supposed to be complimenting his skills. You’re supposed to be downgrading them! Jesus! Have I taught you nothing in life?” I burst out laughing at her exaggerated tone of voice. “He was horrible in bed and his thingy was a little thingy. I’d barely felt a thing!” It was Jenna’s turn to burst out laughing.” 0 likes