Start by marking “Nothing In My Hand I Bring” as Want to Read:
Nothing In My Hand I Bring

Nothing In My Hand I Bring

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Published October 1st 2007 by Matthias Media

To ask other readers questions about Nothing In My Hand I Bring, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nothing In My Hand I Bring

Emily Maria
If you're looking for an accurate explanation of Catholicism, what it is all about and what Catholics actually believe, I suggest you stay well away from this book. This book just sounds like it is written by a guy who was a Catholic, but didn't really understand it, then was influenced by Protestants and mislead to believe what they believe to be true about Catholicism. Protestants reasoning for their belief that "Catholics aren't real Christians" are all based around misinformation, mistruths ...more
Kate
As a protestant myself trying to reach out to my Catholic Grandmother for years this book was a great resource for me. I realise after reading this book some of the obstacles in our discussions were not where I thought they lay. I will give her a copy of this book as I think it puts the reasons she's been after for the conversion of others from Catholicism better than I ever could. I highly recommend this book for Catholics and Protestants alike. My husband's family have all converted from Catho ...more
Sarah Tarullo
Galea grew up Roman Catholic but later became Protestant. Unique to this book, is that Galea begins the book talking about the good in his Roman Catholic upbringing, the pious loving family and priest, and the exaltation of God in the spoken liturgy. Galea then proceeds chapter by chapter to refute Biblically the key issues in Catholicism like priesthood, Mary, the Lord's supper, the authority of the church. The book deals with the main dividing issues between Catholicism and Protestantism and w ...more
Mark A Powell
Ray Galea grew up Catholic but after giving his life to Christ was unsure about many of his church’s teachings. After intense study and research, Galea left Catholicism and became an Evangelical. This brief book recounts his journey and the evidence he uncovered along the way. Galea is markedly honest without being overly critical, and is able to freely discuss the differences between Catholic and Evangelical, having first-hand knowledge of both. It’s a useful, informative read.
Beth
A book that merits reading especially in knowing the conflicts of Catholicism with the Word of God. The author's testimony of coming to faith alone in Christ, and then taking the doctrines and dogmas that he grew up with and examining them in light of God's Word was done with graceful speech and compassion for the person who has not yet come to a place of trusting fully in Christ's finished work on the cross.
Anne Homeschooling-Mama
A riveting explanation of how a Roman Catholic became a Christian and discovered the complete incompatibility between the teachings of Roman Catholicism and the teachings of the Bible. Read it in less than an afternoon, but an extremely thought provoking book.
Beks
This is a really helpful book that is easy to read and easy to understand. It covers the main differences between roman catholics and protestants. I highly recommend it to any roman catholic or protestant wanting to learn about the other.
Stephanie
This book is an excellent explanation of the Catholic and Angelican religious beliefs; comparisons and differences are discussed.
An enjoyable read taken from the life of a Catholic priest who converted to the Anglican religion.
Alison Stanley
A really good book that simply explains the difference between Catholic and Protestant beliefs. I recommend it for those with Catholic friends, or those questioning Catholic beliefs.
Joseph
Short (and not cheap!) but it certainly did what it set out to do, I think.
Neville Ridley-smith
Great summary of the differences between Roman Catholicism and Protestantism
Victor Chininin
An excellent resource for both Catholics and Protestants.
Elyse
Elyse added it
Jan 30, 2015
Vanessa Grajales
Vanessa Grajales marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Scott
Scott marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Jocelyn
Jocelyn marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Eleasa
Eleasa marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Sam P
Sam P marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Laurence
Laurence is currently reading it
Nov 10, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Narelle
Narelle is currently reading it
Oct 01, 2014
Ruth Mckenna
Ruth Mckenna marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Christopher Hicks
Christopher Hicks marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Ray Galea is an Anglican minister who leads the pastoral team at St Alban's Multicultural Bible Ministry at Rooty Hill in western Sydney. His special brief is to work cross-culturally among second-generation Mediterranean and Middle Eastern people in the region.

Ray grew up as a member of a devout Roman Catholic family, and played an active role as a boy in his local parish church. Prior to trainin
More about Ray Galea...