Start by marking “My Book of Bible Stories” as Want to Read:
My Book of Bible Stories

My Book of Bible Stories

4.61 of 5 stars 4.61  ·  rating details  ·  551 ratings  ·  52 reviews
Its 116 Bible accounts appear in the order of their historical occurrence. The book is especially designed for young children, yet everyone can benefit from the book’s more than 125 beautiful illustrations.
Published 2004 by Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. (first published January 1st 1978)

To ask other readers questions about My Book of Bible Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Book of Bible Stories

Mike Pence
Start brainwashing them when they are young, right?
WillJ
One of my best childhood reading experiences! I still remember
being transported to a different world with the words and the illustrations in that shiny, new, yellow book from the barrel..ah the nostalgia, one of my aunt's best gifts ever.
Kaelah
This book is pretty much where I got all my biblical knowledge from. I still know a lot more than most of my school mates.
Florentina
It gave me nightmares for years. Don't give this garbage to your children.
Jawe Querimit
My mother used this book to teach me how to read and I'm glad she did. While some of my playmates were reading stories about the Little Mermaid, Cinderella, Peter Pan, and other fairy tales, I was reading stories about Abraham, Moses, Noah, Jonah and other bible characters who faithfully served the only true God.

This book deserves a perfect rating. It can help parents in inculcating moral values in the hearts of their children.
G
Mind pollution for children used to start applying twisted logic of Jehovah's Witnesses to their mind and implant a fear of displeasing the Watchtower organization.

Do not let children read this rubbish.
Ama
awww!!! childhood memories. I grew up with this book.I just stumble on it now online and decided to buy for future use ( for my children yet unborn )isn't that funny ?
LUCILLE
a must read for everyone, regardless of age
Barbara
"What I appreciated most about this book when I first read it as a child was that it put the entire Bible in chronological order, including events in the lifetime of Jesus. It made the Bible--an admittedly difficult book for a child to read, let alone understand--more understandable."

Miriam Pereira
I read this to my younger bible students and they love it cause they learn so much, and the pictures are so beautiful. i remember reading this when i was younger and i loved it. It helps you understand the basics stories of the bible.
Amy
One of my favourite childhood books! It holds so many memories. My parents used to read it to me before I went to bed, and often I'd fall asleep listening to the accompanying tapes.
Vigilante
Jan 13, 2008 Vigilante rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: religion
Beautifully illustrated and put together, this publication is perfect for children. Great for bedtime!
Molly
Sep 22, 2008 Molly rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone!
Wonderful for young children and old to help them learn abut God.
Kaynil
Oct 17, 2011 Kaynil rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: kids, people interested in the Bible main tales
Recommended to Kaynil by: A neighbour, same one that gave me the copy.
Shelves: infante
It was a very enjoyable reading, the old and new testament core tales being narrated in a easy to understand language. I read this book over and over when I was a kid.

Only when I grew up I realized some chapters are biased and there is a lot more the stories here and many happenings during and between many of this that are taken out in order to make the message clear. It did a good job. I probably know most of Bible tales (specially old testament) because of it.

I had the long print version. The
Paul
Leí este libro de niño, y me gustó tanto que lo leía una y otra vez. Y hasta empecé a leer la biblia (por partes) gracias a este libro, porque tenía la impresión que la biblia era como este libro pero con esteroides, o sea más gordo, con las historias con más detalles.
Las impresiones que me dejó:
- En el jardín del Edén los leones son vegetarianos.
- A dios no le gustaba que Caín fuera agricultor y vegetariano, por eso le hacia desplantes, y prefería las ofrendas de corderos degollados de Abel, qu
Clint
Apr 17, 2008 Clint rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Clint by: My parents
I grew up reading this book every day when I was little. I do realize that it was not wtiten by "God"...as is credited on goodreads. The artwork is pretty amazing. A funny story...when asked by an elder, "Who died in the great flood?" I replied, "the elephants" because of a drawing depicting a wooly mammoth outside the ark in the rain. That was some extreme artistic license on the part of the illustrator I would say.
Kim
One of my favorite books as a child and even now I reread it occasionally. I remember receiving it at the District Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses in Memphis, TN.
Angela
This was one of my favorite books as a child. It's pictures excited me and I found the stories very colorful. Although I don't believe in a god I think this book is really educational and basic for young ones and would recommend it.
MariaN
This book is specifically designed to educate young people about good morals and teach them how to apply the basic teachings of the Holy Scriptures. The stories were based on the Bible. Full colored pictures and well-written contents.
Nina
The gratuitous violence and sex scenes in this book are must for every 4 year old - they have fuelled my nightmares and fantasies for quarter of a century - not as good as the Armageddon book!
Ebony
Oct 17, 2011 Ebony rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children
Shelves: favorites
Loved this book as a kid. Made the bible stories and their lessons very clear to me as a child. I remember it being an absolutely enjoyable reading experience.
Karina
Please don't buy this garbage for your children. It is the twisted interpretation of bible stories according the the Jehovah's Witness cult.
Marts  (Thinker)
This was a most wonderful childhood christian story book, I think most kids I knew back then owned one
Melissa Waters
Read the scriptures at bottom of pages and you'll see that these stories are accurately presented.
Nataytay
I LOVED reading this when I was little and it really helped me understand things better!
Chris.wells
If you're looking to read yourself into atheism, begin here.
Morgan
Great book. Very detailed. Also very insightful. I wish people would stop with the negativity. Regardless of how anyone feels about JW's, at least a kid is reading something! How many kids you know read nowadays? I commend the JW's on this publication and all their publications. I don't think they're a cult. I don't think this is too violent for a child, hell, if you let em watch rated R films and play M for mature games what are you complaining about? Anyway, good read if I could have children ...more
Victoria
I LOVE this book
Yasmín
El copilado de historias estuvo interesnate. Sirvio para darme una idea de la cronologia de la Biblia. Como es para chicos tiene imagenes y un vocabulario sencillo. Por lo visto debe leerse con un adulto al lado q te vaya guiando y haciendote leer los pasajes de la Biblia, porque sino te ves tentado a pasarlos sin mas y te quedas sin muchas cosas que entender.
Algo que no me gusto y tiró muy para abajo mi puntaje es la falta de definicion del Bien y el Mal. Ya desde la primera historia te van dic
Elisa
Este libro me lo regaló mi madre cuando era pequeña y lo leía mucho :33
Yo ahora no lo haría con el mismo entusiasmo que antes por diversas razones, pero siempre me traerá recuerdos.
What do you think about the book and what is your favorite story in it? 4 12 Mar 07, 2013 09:00AM
  • New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures
  • Facing the Lion: Memoirs of a Young Girl in Nazi Europe
  • Mindfulness for Dummies [with Audio CD]
  • Bobby Flay's Throwdown!: More Than 100 Recipes from Food Network's Ultimate Cooking Challenge
  • D.I.Y. Delicious: Recipes and Ideas for Simple Food from Scratch
  • The Four Spiritual Laws of Prosperity: A Simple Guide to Unlimited Abundance
  • Candle 79 Cookbook: Modern Vegan Classics from New York's Premier Sustainable Restaurant
  • Cooking Basics for Dummies
  • Those Dreadful Children
  • The Enchanted Horse
  • Sinfully Vegan: Over 140 Decadent Desserts to Satisfy Every Vegan's Sweet Tooth
  • What Every Woman Wants in a Man/What Every Man Wants in a Woman: 10 Essentials for Growing Deeper in Love |10 Qualities for Nurturing Intimacy
  • Gluten-Free Cooking for Dummies
  • Bartending For Dummies
  • Etiquette For Dummies
  • MYSTIC
  • Patti Labelle's Lite Cuisine
  • A Love Affair With Southern Cooking: Recipes And Recollections
The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania is a non-stock, not-for-profit organization headquartered in the New York City borough of Brooklyn, United States. It is the main legal entity used worldwide by Jehovah's Witnesses to direct, administer and develop doctrines for the religion and is often referred to by members of the religion simply as "the Society".
More about Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society...
What Does The Bible Really Teach? The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived Questions Young People Ask. Answers That Work Mankind’s Search for God Pay Attention to Daniel's Prophecy!