Start by marking “The Loudness of Sam” as Want to Read:
The Loudness of Sam

The Loudness of Sam

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  4 reviews
When Sam laughs, Sam laughs loudly. When Sam cries, Sam cries loudly. But while visiting his aunt Tillie in the city, Sam is surprised to discover that some people--in fact, many people--hold in their feelings. Can Sam survive a week with Aunt Tillie, a week when he is often told to "hush"?
Published March 1st 1999 by HMH Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about The Loudness of Sam, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Loudness of Sam

Shelli
Sam is a child who enjoys the small wonders of his day with a VERY BIG reaction. If I knew Sam personally, I would avoid this child at all cost. While I appreciate taking time to cloud watch or smell the roses, I feel those things do not require a deafening response of joy or sorrow.
Rebecca Dean
This was a strange book. I did not hate it but i did not really like it either. I am not sure how I would use this book in the classroom other than if I needed something "ironic", but that would still be a maybe.
Karen Stanford
There is a great message that really gets missed because of the absurdity of Sam being loud over everything...and at times inappropriately. I would not recommend this book.
↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝
I was not a fan of this book, I was rather annoyed through most of it, but my daughter, thought it was ok
Cheryl
Cheryl added it
May 10, 2014
Trina
Trina marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2013
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2012
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2012
Kaethe
Kaethe marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2010
12 Things to Do Before You Crash and Burn Paulie Pastrami Achieves World Peace Todd's TV Knuckle and Potty Destroy Happy World Patricia Von Pleasantsquirrel