Start by marking “Driven to Succeed: How to Start Your Career after College” as Want to Read:
Driven to Succeed: How to Start Your Career after College

Read Book

Driven to Succeed: How to Start Your Career after College

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  33 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
This is an essential guide for all college students, recent graduates, and anyone looking to jump-start their career. From choosing a field to closing the deal, get the job you deserve with this book.
Kindle Edition
Published (first published September 10th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Driven to Succeed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Driven to Succeed

Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
I'm too old to be driven to succeed after I finish college. I like being a slacker.
Francis Fanzilli
Overall this is a very solid resource for college graduates. I believe the university system typically fails in two areas - promoting financial literacy and preparing students for the realities of the working world. This book concisely tackles the latter issue with a series of actionable steps you can take - including optimizing your LinkedIn profile as well as adding valuable keywords to your resume, so hiring managers and recruiters won't pass you over.

I'm not sure why the page is littered wit
Sherry Ellis
Nov 01, 2014 Sherry Ellis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Driven to Succeed is a concise book with valuable tips on how to craft a resume that will get noticed, how to use social media to land a job, where to look for jobs, and how to ace an interview. The advice is solid with tips that even a seasoned job hunter may not have thought of.

The book is practical, easy to understand, and very helpful. I highly recommend it for those embarking on a job search, as well as for those who are looking for advice on how to improve their resumes
Nick Reichert
Nov 09, 2014 Nick Reichert rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A+ Advice For Anyone Seeking Employment

In my 23+ years working in public accounting and in private industry, I know how important it is to attract and retain top talent. Over the years I have worked with many recruiters and have read countless resumes. The practical, no nonsense advice in this book is excellent for any job candidate. This is a must read, especially if you are just out of college and new to the process of interviewing for a job. Highly recommend.
Jocelyn Sanchez
Nov 20, 2014 Jocelyn Sanchez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a very thorough book that covers basically everything thing you need to know to start your career. I love how the book covers everything, from how to pick a field to go into, how to write/format your resumes (How to write it, how to format it, what to put on it, and how to do all that), and how to find that right job for you.

I think this is a good book for everyone, because even if you don't need help finding a career or you didn't go to college, this book still gives you a vast number
The Just-About-Average Ms M
Nov 07, 2014 The Just-About-Average Ms M rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wtf
This book reads like something that would appeal to a junior varsity cheerleader--all rah rah rah zis boom bah!--and no substance. Were I a real college student in my last semester before graduation, I would have received all these inane "tips" from a qualified guidance counselor, or, if I preferred the hands-on approach, almost anywhere on the Internet. At least the guidance counselor would not speak to me--or any college senior--in such a condescending manner masked by bonhomie in overdrive.

A
Ginger *Protégée extraordinaire and Kool-Aid mixer*
Didn't find this helpful at all.
Kind of annoying actually.
R.K. Johnson
Dec 01, 2014 R.K. Johnson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a great read! Not only is this book informative for recent grads, I found it useful for really anyone at any point in their career. It was well organized and thorough. I loved the streamlined approach to addressing all those questions that arise in searching for that ideal job. Fundamentally speaking, this author's perspective and advice on career choice was logical and sound. We are more likely to be successful doing something we love!
Federico
Nov 23, 2014 Federico rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Note this is a book for college students or people looking to change jobs in the short to mid term.

Wished I had something like this coming out of college. It wasn't long ago (3-4 years), but I learned many of these things the hard way. Doesn't take long to read at all, but the information is invaluable for anyone getting ready to start their career
Darth J
Dec 12, 2014 Darth J marked it as not-my-cup-of-tea  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nobody
Diven to succeed, but destined to fail.
Jane
Driven to Succeed gives readers a resource to plan a job hunt including how to write a resume, how to prepare for job interviews and ways to use social networks to gain contacts to help find a job. It was very logically organized, easy to understand and should be a great help for anyone looking or a job.
Kia Hashemi
Dec 25, 2014 Kia Hashemi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Driven to Succeed" is a book of interest to me
Rich Contents And Good Techniques Used In
You Are an amazing person jason
I Highly Recommend This book to every College Boys and Girls
its A Very good Start Manifesto
i liked it
Prayformojo
Nov 07, 2014 Prayformojo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't know why anyone would ever give this a one star review. I'm sure they haven't read it. They're probably the type of person whose reading consists mainly of animated gifs.

This book succeeds at its very simple goal, which is to show people how to get a job. It gets right to the point. Everything inside is relevant to inexperienced job seekers. There's no padding here.

It is a collection of good advice and best practices for anyone seeking a job. It doesn't pretend to be anything more than
Chris Gregory
Jun 29, 2015 Chris Gregory rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent prep for employment

Well, I'm retired and don't intend to go back to gainful employment and my son has a great engineering job. However, I'm worried about the grandkids. Maybe that's too far into the future to worry about, but you can never be too prepared.

This is the book to study for your future. There are great tips and salient advice - everything from research to cold emailing.

I'll be sharing this short but effective book with the grandkids in a few years - very professional, well-
Felicia
Sep 12, 2015 Felicia rated it it was amazing
Every entry-level job seeker needs this! It gives tips from the start of the job search until after the position is secured. I agree with the author that persistence is key to obtain any goal. Most people get frustrated and give up after setbacks, but the remedy for a setback is determination and will. Never give up, maintain a positive mental attitude and one can achieve whatever the heart desires. These are rules to apply to life, not just the job search.
Chris
Chris rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2015
Rutger
Rutger rated it liked it
Feb 11, 2016
Christina
Christina rated it liked it
Oct 24, 2014
Marquis jacob
Marquis jacob rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2015
Mike Gordon
Mike Gordon rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2014
Daniel Whalen
Daniel Whalen rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Hannah (Vamp of Savannah)
Hannah (Vamp of Savannah) rated it did not like it
Nov 06, 2014
Whistlers Mom
Whistlers Mom rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2016
Olileanya Ogbonna
Olileanya Ogbonna rated it it was amazing
Dec 22, 2015
Mike Anastasia
Mike Anastasia rated it it was amazing
Oct 27, 2014
Danny
Danny rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2015
Jessica Cooper
Jessica Cooper rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2016
Teddy
Teddy rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2015
Zulekha
Zulekha rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2016
Jason Navallo is a career advisor, executive recruiter, and author. He has a B.B.A. in Finance from Baruch College's Zicklin School of Business and lives in New York City.

Limited Time Only - Download my books for FREE!

Never Give Up - http://tinyurl.com/gl2cu5v
Success: 30 Interviews with Entrepreneurs & Executives - http://tinyurl.com/zeqlody
Thrive: 30 Inspirational Rags-to-Riches Stories - htt
More about Jason Navallo...