Now We Are Sixty (and a Bit)

Now We Are Sixty (and a Bit)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  8 ratings  ·  2 reviews
A sequel to the author's Now We Are Sixty, this collection once again follows the rhymes and rhythms of the great A.A. Milne, to remind those who are getting on in years of the wit, wisdom and whimsy he conjured up for those who were very young. It features a few more poems based on originals that Matthew had not tackled before, such as The Emperor's Rhyme and Sneezles.
Published March 1st 2004 by John Murray Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Now We Are Sixty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Now We Are Sixty

Kathleen Dixon
This is cool - I'm the first person to put a review on for this book!

This author is So Clever. A few years ago I bought his "Now We are Sixty" - actually, I bought a copy for me, one for my friend who turned 60 this year, and another for a friend who had already passed the mark a few years previously. Then my darling (on advice from my daughter) gave me this second book of his for my birthday, and though I've got a few years to go before I even hit the big Six Oh, I can still relate to some of t...more
Shu
A humourous, whimsical and witty little book of poetry on aging. I chuckled at some, laughed at others, and basically enjoyed it cover to cover. Inspired quite a bit of original work whilst I was in the midst of reading it too! Really inspirational and truly entertaining.
Tom
Tom added it
Oct 26, 2013
Carol
Carol added it
Jul 17, 2009
Now We Are Sixty Diary Of A Somebody A Storm of Spears Loosely Engaged The Simon Crisp Diaries (Coronet Books)