Start by marking “Invisibility: Mastering the Art of Vanishing (Paths to Inner Power)” as Want to Read:
Invisibility: Mastering the Art of Vanishing (Paths to Inner Power)

Invisibility: Mastering the Art of Vanishing (Paths to Inner Power)

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  5 reviews
One of the most closely guarded of all occult secrets is the art of invisibility. For centuries magicians and adepts have hinted at ways of achieving this seemingly impossible feat, but now these ideas have been brought together for the first time to form a complete manual on how invisibility can be accomplished. Drawing on alchemy, Rosicrucianism, medieval magic, hypnotis ...more
Published November 1st 1992 by Thorsons Pub (first published January 1st 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Invisibility, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Invisibility

Patrick Sprunger
This is surprisingly more coherent than you'd think.

The science is undoubtedly questionable (even if one adjusts for the decade it was written (the 1980s)), but the author obfuscates heroically. The pseudo-science/mumbo jumbo he proffers as his basis for belief in magic withstands the casual scrutiny of a non-scientist, at least. I know it's wrong, but I can't tell you why. And that's the mark of good work in this field.

On a personal note, I was disappointed that the author discounts the reliab
Clair Belmonte
I received an advanced copy of this book for free through Goodreads' First Reads giveaways.

Although I found this book interesting, it was definitely not what I expected based on the blurb on the back. While I expected this book to be a discussion of invisibility as a concept in popular culture and high art, this is more synonymous with a Wiccan how-to book.

For what it was, the book was fascinating. However, the writing was shaky at best - the author does not seem very confident in his own abilit

I found the premise of the book to be quite intriguing, especially the rear covers description that stated in included Einsteinian physics. While the book does discuss matters of of the electromagnetic (light) spectrum as well as the physiology and psychological functioning on the eye and sight, I did not feel the author truly delved into the realms of science to make his point or warrant the inclusion of
Crystal Robertson
I received this book free as a good reads first read. Although I enjoyed the historical content and controversial views of this book, I found it difficult to follow at times and a bit boring in the sense of a textbook.
OK, I've read the entertaining instructions. Now, its just a matter of practice...
Tero marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2015
Pete marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2015
Alex Maina
Alex Maina marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Dawn marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Taiwo marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Millie Dom
Millie Dom marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Abel Indrias
Abel Indrias marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Dacilen marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Danielle marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Sai added it
Oct 04, 2014
Eric Zolaski
Eric Zolaski marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Felipe marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
John added it
Sep 10, 2014
Luke Gregory
Luke Gregory marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Felix Cuceanu
Felix Cuceanu marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Rik Potter
Rik Potter marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
Colorviz marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Pwning N00bs: The PC Gamer's Guide to Hardware, Strategy, and Tactics
  • A Cracker gets Jacked
  • Force of Habit: Sister Madeleine Investigates
  • The Moon and Beyond (Lunar Free State #1)
  • Banshees, Werewolves, Vampires, and Other Creatures of the Night: Facts, Fictions, and First-Hand Accounts
  • Shaking Palace (Magical Riddles, #1)
  • Keeping Merminia (Merminia, #2)
  • Strange Metamorphosis
  • Bees Make the Best Pets: All the Buzz About Being Resilient, Collaborative, Industrious, Generous, and Sweet-Straight from the Hive
  • How to Be an Adult in Love: Letting Love in Safely and Showing It Recklessly
  • Monsters, Miracles & Mayonnaise
  • Shades of the Future
  • Adapting Eden (Save The Pearls, #2)
  • Liebling An adventurous life
  • The Daughter Star
  • The Keeper (Watersmeet, #3)
  • The Midnight Carnival: One Night Only