Start by marking “Rennillia Prequel (Rennillia #3)” as Want to Read:
Rennillia Prequel (Rennillia #3)

Rennillia Prequel (Rennillia .5)

Follow Ren (Rennillia) from the ages of fifteen to eighteen as she struggles to make the right decisions for herself and sometimes works even harder to make the wrong ones.

Hert (Scott Herterand) has a similar less than ideal home life and has been her only friend up until she meets Emerson. When her father arranges a meeting between Ren and the powerful Mr. Roberts son (Em
Kindle Edition
Published March 24th 2016 by Broken Bird Media (first published April 10th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Rennillia Prequel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rennillia Prequel

Book-Lover Book Blog
This story of Rennillia and HIM made my heart go out to her. I've been through a very very similar situation to this. it made my heart pound and made me sick to my stomach in some parts. very well written! I can't imagine how hard this was for M. to write <3
I read this in 20 minutes. It's another book in the series that I was hooked to from the very start.

**HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! but read the series and prequel first**

Nicole
Jul 27, 2013 Nicole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received one of the ACR's and read it cover to cover! I am a huge fan of this series, but this was by far my favorite book to date! I found myself switching gears and rooting for characters I hadn't been rooting for. The entire series is made BETTER by the addition of this book, which I didn't think could happen. They are on my favorite books of all time list! Finding myself enjoying the other books even more now as I re-read them!!!
M. Sembera
Feb 01, 2016 M. Sembera added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Before She knew the truth, Rennillia was far from innocent but completely naive. She was 15 and rebellious. Her only friend was Hert and all she wanted, was to get out of her parent's house.

This is the story of their friendship, meeting Emerson, dating Jackson and.... HIM
Sonya Ray
Mar 29, 2016 Sonya Ray rated it it was amazing
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

After Rennillia 2, Sembera takes you back to the beginning of how Ren, Jackson, Emerson and Hert’s lives become intertwined. She also introduces you to her ex that came into Ren’s life and caused so many issues between the friends.

Ren is already friends with Hert. They both have similar households with their fathers being abusive. Ren’s father is friends with Hert’s father, and doesn’t want Ren anywhere near Hert. Ren, determined not to lose
Julie Ramsey
Jul 14, 2013 Julie Ramsey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: done
A Look Back By M. Sembera
Book review by Akisha Clark

Passion, goose bumps, desire and heartache; so is the feeling of your first love. The world is new and so is this expansive emotion, captivating your heart . That's where the new read, "A Look Back" takes you. Meet Ren and Hert. Both are from torn, tattered, similar lives. Both Hert and Ren are living in dysfunctional families. Both have abusive fathers. Ren hides her purple and blue bruises with longs sleeves. Hert is unable to hide his black
Kerry Erickson
Jul 16, 2013 Kerry Erickson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I give this book 4.5 stars
This is a very intense story of how a young girl survives her dysfunctional family and finds a few close friends along the way. Throughout the whole story I kept screaming at my e-reader trying to urge Ren along and help her get through the bad situations she finds herself in. I was sucked in emotionally and had a very hard time putting the story down but at the same time, I just had to step away for a few minutes to digest everything that was happening. M. Sembera has
Gloria
Mar 10, 2016 Gloria added it
I was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review. The look back into where they all started answered alot of questions I had regarding what, when and how. As always the writing is superb and flawless. As for Him, wow where to begin, it took me to some dark places I'd hoped never to revisit. I came from a similar situation with my ex husband and man did the author bring it all back. I don't know how she got through writing that, it's hard enough living it. I think I cried more than I ever have ...more
Book-Lover Book Blog
Simply....AMAZING! My favourite one of the series so far!! still have book 5 and Life With HIM left to read.
A Look Back goes back to when Rennillia was 15 to 18. how she met her friends and even HIM. what she endured in her early years certainly shaped her to be the woman she is. She went through hell and all through it she had her friends. I'm used to her quick temper and frustrations now, that it just makes me chuckle

*HIGHLY RECOMMEND*
Maria Guzman
Apr 09, 2013 Maria Guzman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading "A Look Back" now everything made sense and the story fell in to place. Especially the story of each character. How they 1st meet and how their friendship began. I'm torn between Hert, Jackson and Emerson but in this particular book I leaning more towards JACKSON. :) Definitely a must READ!!! Highly recommended.

Donna Jones
Jun 03, 2016 Donna Jones rated it really liked it
as per usual i love M Sembera’s books. i have become quite invested in this series so it was nice to have the back story. this is a very emotional series and i have loved reading this for mary. I found that having the back story changed my mind on the characters and i can safely say I'm team jacks. and as for miss renillia well she kinda has a reason to be a little selfish.
Kasey
Jul 17, 2013 Kasey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book! I have been waiting so long for it to be apparent why these characters were so bonded. I can not say for a fact that I would have liked it any more or less since I have read the other 3 first. BUT, if any of my GR friends out there want to tackle this series... I'd start with this one and then Rennillia book I ;-)
Paula Genereau
Mar 12, 2016 Paula Genereau rated it it was amazing
I want to say I love the Renillia series. M has a way of pulling you into her books. I still don't like Hert no matter what he says or does. I think he needs to be taught a lesson. Hahaha!!!!

I am so lucky to get to Beta read this book. It was awesome

H.W. Vivian
Apr 28, 2014 H.W. Vivian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fans of The Rennillia Series will certainly enjoy A Look Back. It shows a lot of where Ren came from, psychologically, and also some more background on Emerson, Hert, and Jackson. Once again, a very interesting read from M. Sembra. Add this to your shelves now!
Sophie Koufes
Nov 01, 2016 Sophie Koufes rated it it was amazing
In this prequel of the Rennilla Series we follow Ren from the age of fifteen to eighteen as she struggles to make the right decisions for herself and sometimes works even harder to make the wrong ones. I personally wished I read this prequel first as it goes back to the beginning. An eloquently written novel that is flawlessly written and developed with no plot holes. With character's that are complex with realistic emotions and flaws. With a sensational writing style that I love. One of my top ...more
Mistee  Lemaster
Oct 30, 2016 Mistee Lemaster rated it it was amazing
Some times I want to shake her

I love love love the Rennilla series but I swear that girls ruffles my feathers. I guess it might be because I know that things could be different.... If you have not read the series yet you need to. This book is a beginning type of book thrown in but it was great to read the past and see where things went right and wrong!
InD'tale Magazine
1.5/5.0

Sembera chooses first person narrative to tell of a sixteen year old girl's survival of her father's repeated beatings with one moral code - no sex.

Read full review in the 2013 September issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Jane
Aug 30, 2016 Jane rated it it was amazing
To me this book should be the Prequel-book 1, not book 3. It gives the beginning background, and defining moments in the development of the characters for the rest of the series...well done! Definitely need to read FIRST!
M. Sembera
May 15, 2015 M. Sembera rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wrote
Life with HIM covers the six year gap between The Prequel and Rennillia (book I) left out of The Series.
Jonathan Oag
Jonathan Oag rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2013
Bria Cryer
Bria Cryer rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2013
Vivek
Vivek rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2016
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2015
Ravenz Reviews
Ravenz Reviews rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2013
Melih Bakan
Melih Bakan rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2013
Katie-lynn
Katie-lynn marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2013
Kim Coomey
Kim Coomey marked it as to-read
Lisa Ann (Ketsy)
Lisa Ann (Ketsy) marked it as to-read
Naushin
Naushin marked it as to-read
Barry
Barry marked it as to-read
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2013
Sarah marked it as to-read
Ashley Barrieau
Ashley Barrieau marked it as to-read
Joyce
Joyce marked it as to-read
Cindy Gates
Cindy Gates marked it as to-read
Daniela
Daniela marked it as to-read
Tamara Anderson
Tamara Anderson marked it as to-read
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2013
Christiane
Christiane marked it as to-read
Danielle Whitfield
Danielle Whitfield marked it as to-read
Cassy Lieberman
Cassy Lieberman marked it as to-read
Betsy Hover
Betsy Hover marked it as to-read
Chloe
Chloe marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2013
Robert Piacquad
Robert Piacquad marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2013
Amanda Nevarez
Amanda Nevarez marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2013
Darlene Howard
Darlene Howard marked it as to-read
Tasha
Tasha marked it as to-read
Trisha Law
Trisha Law marked it as to-read
Sarah  Perry
Sarah Perry marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2013
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2013
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2013
  • An Evergreen Christmas
  • As I Wake (Breaking Fate, #2)
  • Knight's End (Knight's Trilogy, #1)
  • Salvaged Love
  • Sweet Delicious Madness and the Many Mysterious Deaths of Silvio Berlusconi (Kissed in Italy Mystery, #1)
  • The Knights of Derbyshire (Pride and Prejudice Continues, # 5)
  • Lilith Rising 1969
  • To Love Twice
  • Broken Birdie Chirpin
  • Cupid's Love Potion : Mystery of the Golden Arrow (Paranormally Yours, #2)
  • Broken Wings
  • Sinfully Sweet Boxed Set
  • The Lady Series
  • Big Jack Is Dead
  • Bad Vibes (The Edge of Texas #3)
  • Unwilling Wife
  • The Life We Dream
  • From Now On

Born in Baton Rouge Louisiana, I now live in Brazoria Texas with My Husband, Three Kids, Three Dogs and Two Cats. I wrote my first short story when I was in high school and instantly fell in love with writing. However, life sometimes gets in the way of aspirations and it wasn't until years later, when my life calmed down, I was able to start writing again. For me, each new book I write or characte
More about M. Sembera...

Rennillia (3 books)
  • Rennillia 1 (Rennillia, #1)
  • Rennillia 2 (Rennillia #2)
  • Rennillia 3 (Rennillia #4)