Start by marking “Attracting Birds to Your Backyard: 536 Ways to Create a Haven for Your Favorite Birds” as Want to Read:

Anyone can create a beautiful and colorful backyard that will attract many different species of birds. This comprehensive, A-to-Z guide will help serious and casual gardeners alike choose the specific plants, flowers, shrubs, and trees for attracting some of the best-loved backyard birds, including bluebirds, warblers, goldfinches, and cardinals. Readers will discover top ...more
Published February 8th 2003 by Rodale Books (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Attracting Birds to Your Backyard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Attracting Birds to Your Backyard

Charlene
Oct 16, 2013 Charlene rated it really liked it
Shelves: nature
Sally Roth lives in southern Indiana in the county next door to me, and she writes a column in the local newspaper I love reading. When I learned she writes books, I visited my B&N to check them out.

I love watching the birds in my yard, and this book contained a lot of really good information and ideas. Don't let its A-Z format fool you - its not just a listing of facts. The sections contain pages of information and, drawings and diagrams fill them. Its formatting is very attractive and keep
Kathryn
Jan 15, 2011 Kathryn marked it as to-read
We got this book at the library and I flipped through it as I unpacked it, like I normally do with anything bird-related. This book is really NEAT! A lot of bird books are sort of jargony, and for people who know more than I do all around about birdies. This book is plain English, well-organized, and super practical. I asked for it for my birthday!!
Andrea
Mar 08, 2008 Andrea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite bird books. Informative and lots of good ideas for kids and adults. We have the earlier '98 edition which is idential to this new one except for the cover.
Michelle Dunn
Apr 03, 2011 Michelle Dunn rated it it was amazing
Loved it, great pictures and detailed descriptions of birds in my area, their calls and what they like to eat as well as what flowers to plant to attract them.
Ami
May 29, 2015 Ami rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book! Has so much information you can use to make your yard a fun place to be.
Jenny
Sep 25, 2011 Jenny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I good instructional book.
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2016
Sarah Beaver
Sarah Beaver rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2016
Maria
Maria added it
May 27, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2016
Alanna
Alanna added it
Jul 31, 2016
Teri Sanders
Teri Sanders rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2016
Dave Olsher
Dave Olsher marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
Charlotte
Charlotte rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2016
Linda J. Polucha
Linda J. Polucha rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2015
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2015
Payce
Payce marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
Charmaine S
Charmaine S rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2015
Rich McVicar
Rich McVicar rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2015
Elizabeth Maderos
Elizabeth Maderos rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2015
Janiene West
Janiene West rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2015
Ronald Cline
Ronald Cline marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2015
Dee
Dee rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2015
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Rose
Rose marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Tim Edgerly
Tim Edgerly rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2015
Mark
Mark rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2015
Anthony
Anthony marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sally Roth is an award-winning author of 20 or so popular books about birds, nature, and gardening, including the best-selling "Backyard Bird Feeder's Bible," and a contributing editor for "Birds & Blooms" magazine.

Her latest book is "An Eye on the Sparrow: The Bird Lover's Bible," which uses quotes from the Bible as a jumping-off point for examining the natural behavior of the birds behind t
More about Sally Roth...