Start by marking “Attracting Birds to Your Backyard: 536 Ways to Create a Haven for Your Favorite Birds” as Want to Read:

Anyone can create a beautiful and colorful backyard that will attract many different species of birds. This comprehensive, A-to-Z guide will help serious and casual gardeners alike choose the specific plants, flowers, shrubs, and trees for attracting some of the best-loved backyard birds, including bluebirds, warblers, goldfinches, and cardinals. Readers will discover top ...more
Published February 8th 2003 by Rodale Books (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Attracting Birds to Your Backyard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Attracting Birds to Your Backyard

Charlene
Oct 16, 2013 Charlene rated it really liked it
Shelves: nature
Sally Roth lives in southern Indiana in the county next door to me, and she writes a column in the local newspaper I love reading. When I learned she writes books, I visited my B&N to check them out.

I love watching the birds in my yard, and this book contained a lot of really good information and ideas. Don't let its A-Z format fool you - its not just a listing of facts. The sections contain pages of information and, drawings and diagrams fill them. Its formatting is very attractive and keep
Kathryn
Jan 15, 2011 Kathryn marked it as to-read
We got this book at the library and I flipped through it as I unpacked it, like I normally do with anything bird-related. This book is really NEAT! A lot of bird books are sort of jargony, and for people who know more than I do all around about birdies. This book is plain English, well-organized, and super practical. I asked for it for my birthday!!
Andrea
May 07, 2010 Andrea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite bird books. Informative and lots of good ideas for kids and adults. We have the earlier '98 edition which is idential to this new one except for the cover.
Michelle Dunn
Apr 03, 2011 Michelle Dunn rated it it was amazing
Loved it, great pictures and detailed descriptions of birds in my area, their calls and what they like to eat as well as what flowers to plant to attract them.
Judy Tibor
Judy Tibor rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2014
Kris
Kris rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2014
Holly R
Holly R rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2009
Lesly
Lesly rated it liked it
Nov 22, 2012
Teri Sanders
Teri Sanders rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2016
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2009
heartwork.in.progress
heartwork.in.progress rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2011
Lesley
Lesley rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2014
Rose Vines
Rose Vines rated it really liked it
May 26, 2014
Jan
Jan rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2011
Julie Turner
Julie Turner rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2013
Charmaine S
Charmaine S rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2015
Sherri
Sherri rated it it was ok
Feb 23, 2009
Nancy
Nancy rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2009
Elizabeth Maderos
Elizabeth Maderos rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2015
Sylvia G.
Sylvia G. rated it really liked it
May 09, 2014
Knobbynob
Knobbynob rated it liked it
Oct 22, 2010
Joan
Joan rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2008
Charlotte
Charlotte rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2016
Shelia Carter
Shelia Carter rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2013
Kelly
Kelly rated it really liked it
May 07, 2010
Janiene West
Janiene West rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2015
Caroline Mathews
Caroline Mathews rated it liked it
May 10, 2014
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2008
LMegna
LMegna rated it it was ok
Apr 03, 2011
Linda J. Polucha
Linda J. Polucha rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2015
Sally Roth is an award-winning author of 20 or so popular books about birds, nature, and gardening, including the best-selling "Backyard Bird Feeder's Bible," and a contributing editor for "Birds & Blooms" magazine.

Her latest book is "An Eye on the Sparrow: The Bird Lover's Bible," which uses quotes from the Bible as a jumping-off point for examining the natural behavior of the birds behind t
More about Sally Roth...