Start by marking “Snake (Five Ancestors, #3)” as Want to Read:
Snake (Five Ancestors, #3)

Snake (Five Ancestors #3)

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  1,249 ratings  ·  77 reviews
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published March 14th 2006 by Listening Library (Audio) (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Snake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snake

The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingThe Lightning Thief by Rick RiordanHarry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. RowlingSwitch! The Lost Kingdoms of Karibu by Karen  Prince
Best YA Books Ever
361st out of 475 books — 605 voters
Twilight by Stephenie MeyerExplosion in Paris by Linda Masemore PirrungHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingNew Moon by Stephenie MeyerBreaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
Favorites
397th out of 543 books — 236 voters

More lists with this book...

Novia Indaryani
Oct 28, 2013 Novia Indaryani rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Novia by: Rifda
Amy
Seh, the main character in this, the third book, in The Five Ancestors series was certainly a more believable Kung Fu master than his fellow monks, Fu and Malao. Seh's actions were more cautious, methodical, and deliberate than Fu's or Malao's, and I thought that this character anchored the story (to this point) and kept it from floating off into silliness with Malao or into broody cantankerousness with Fu.

Snake also puts to rest another of my complaints about the series up to this point: it is
Jaylen Reese
Snake is the 3rd book is the exciting series "Five Ancestors", by Jeff Stone. After the temple is attack Seh like his other brothers is out there by himself. Instead of retracing his past like his brother, Seh is looking to gather information. He comes across many people int his book with information that he needs. In this book is reunited with his brother Malo and they continue the journey together.

As the other book Monkey, this book was very eventful. I love how not to far into the story how
Mingo Johnson
Seh, master of snake style kung fu, is a secretive and observant individual. After the fall of the temple, Seh goes searching for help among the bandits who leader is Mong, master of cobra style kung fu. He is granted membership but soon after Monkey get in a quarrel with Bear, one of the gang members. Monkey succeeds in defeating him and leaves. Seh catches up with him and Fu later and they get ambushed by Ying. Ying and his soldiers defeat them. as they were about to get executed, they escape ...more
Rifda
Kan. Now, I'm craving for Crane! Setelah ayah Malao dan ibu Seh, sepertinya ibunya Hok juga misterius :'(

-----EDIT-----

Ini adalah kisah yang terjadi pada sekitar tahun 1650 M di Provinsi Henan, Cina. Kisah tentang sebuah kuil shaolin yang tersembunyi, bernama "Kuil Changzen" ---artinya: Kebenaran Tersembunyi. Di dalam kuil itu, terdapat 100 biksu, 5 biksu muda, dan seorang Mahaguru.

Ini adalah cerita tentang 5 biksu muda yang sudah menjadi master shaolin. Namanya Long, Seh, Hok, Fu, dan Malao. Ke
Mirrani
I'm not certain how I feel about this book now that I have finished it.

In the beginning I found myself feeling bombarded with information, either as a rehashing of what had happened in previous books or as a way of hurrying along to the next part of the plot. I felt almost as if I was being pushed along on this maddening experience without getting much chance to breathe. Once we reached an actual plot point for the Snake character, however, things calmed down a little and I settled into reading
Hobby
Books “LIMA LELUHUR 3 - ULAR”
Judul Asli : THE FIVE ANCESTORS 3 - SNAKE
Desain sampul : Fahmi Ilmansyah
Ilustrasi Isi : Malia Hartati
Cetakan I : Oktober 2013 ; 278 hlm ; ISBN 978-602-9498-30-1
Rate : 3.5 of 5

Dalam dua kisah sebelumnya, pembaca diajak menelusur
Natalie
Abduraafi Andrian
Seh, biksu Ular ini terlalu pandai dan dingin. Dengan sifatnya yang seperti itu membuat cerita lebih serius dan lebih terkontrol. Lagi-lagi Malao yang menjadi saviorku karena cekikikannya yang hampir setiap saat.

Semakin seru! Semakin kompleks! Coba tebak, di akhir Seh bertemu siapa? Hok! Jadi, cerita akan berlanjut dari sudut pandang biksu Bangau (Crane). Semoga dilanjutkan ya Penerbit! *highfive*

Ulasan ada di sini.
Paula Howard
Snake is the 3rd installment in The Five Ancestors series. After the destruction of their Temple, Cangzhen, the young warrior monks split up to reach the next Temple. In Snake we see the reuniting of Seh (snake), Fu (Tiger), Malao (Monkey) and eventually Hok (crane). The only brother missing is Ying, who is now their enemy for killing their Grandmaster.

Seh has found his father, Mong, a bandit. The young monks link up with Mong to defeat their common enemy Ying and the emperor. It is also brought
Brooke
I am sure I would have liked it even better had I began with book one - but this was on the BCD shelf so I grabbed it. Lots of action, I was a little surprised at the occasional violence, so at least 4th grade and up. I did enjoy it and might read the last one to see how it all ends. Kept most of the characters straight - there are quite a few characters.
Cathyl
I thought the book was amazing. I like how there was lots of action in the book, such as the fighting parts. After I finished the book, I still had many questions. For example, Why does Anganseh work with Tonglong? Another question is: Why did the Monkey King ran away from Bing? My last question is: What will happen to Malao? Anyways, I think you should read it.
Jeph
Snake by Jeff Stone was and continues to be my favorite of the series so far, but perhaps that's because I identify with Seh, the Snake Kung Fu artist the most. Having said that, Snake is certainly the most action heavy so far of the series, or so it seemed to me. The action starts flowing quickly as Seh meets up with the bandits described in Book 2 : Monkey. Again, allies are made, those once thought to be friends plot against and betray our heroes and the family ties and criss-crosses develop ...more
Heather
This book from the Five Ancestors series focuses on martial arts in 17th century China. There is a complex plot with many characters and lots of fight scenes. Some scenes are gruesome. This would be good for a strong reader (lexile 700) who likes martial arts.
Patricia Kaniasty
Each book in this series pulls the story closer together to give you the full picutre of what is taking place. So far, I think Seh may be my favorite character.....him and his little critter up his sleeve. Not quite a exciting as the others but answered alot of questions that had been building up.
Iluve75
Snake, book 3 in the 5 ancestors is about 12 year old Sa or snake who when told to scatter into the 4 winds by grandmaster,save China and soften his lost brother Yings heart, Sa runs for his life and into the forest. But Sa has a secret,he is a dealer of secrets. Often when Grandmaster talked in secret, Sa would spy and listen in on him and learn his secrets. But now Sa must find some one to trust to share his secrets with, because those secrets just might save China and pinheaded Ying for that ...more
Steve Clark
This one gets a little confusing, partially just due to the convergence of characters with similar names, and the fact that many of the characters now have TWO names. Some good action at times and also some humor (Inevitable whenever Malao, the Monkey-brother is around) make it still worth reading, and some twists at the end make you hold out hope that the next book will be better again--up to the level of the first two books, which I did like a little more. Hopefully the series is not running o ...more
Anthony Lin
Dylan
This book is the third book in the Five Ancestors series. All of books are told from a different person's point of view and this one is from Seh's point of view. This book fills in the gaps the others have left and this book has a lot of adventure, excitment and betrayal. There are new characters introduced and old characters are reintroduced. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes action packed books such as The Lightning Thief.
RCHK LIRC
Twelve-year-old Seh is a snake-style master and a keeper of secrets. Close-lipped and ever-watchful, he has used his highly attuned senses to collect information about his brothers, his temple, and even Grandmaster. Now, with the temple and Grandmaster gone, Seh sheds his orange robe like an old skin, joins a bandit gang, and meets a mysterious woman whose name means Cobra—all the while trying to stay one step ahead of vengeful Ying!
Alaina Sloo
Book 3 of the Five Ancestors series which follows the adventures of some child warrior monks after the destruction of their temple. Short books full of adventure, detailed descriptions of kung fu moves, and Chinese culture, these are appealing books (especially for adventure-loving readers) for readers who are working up to longer books, with the added bonus of learning something about Chinese history and culture along the way.
06ZachC
Oh my gosh this is the best five ancestors book yet. In this book another temple gets destroyed and seh has no where to go. Until he joins that group of bandits and is part of there stronghold. At there secret place he meets a weird women and her name means cobra. This book has some of the strangest and most exiting things in any of the books. On the other hand secrets are revealed and someone is a girl!
Dayna Smith
The third installment in The Five Ancestors series continues with Seh, the snake, who struggles to find his brothers and save the Dragon Scrolls. He joins a powerful band of bandits and discovers his mother and father. Now, with the bandits, Seh, Fu, and Malao seek to keep the scrolls safe from Ying and find the rest of their Cangzhen brothers. But the plot thickens...
Lahari
the style the author writes these books is a little different than others. Instead of picking up from where the last book left off, he goes back to what the five kids did when they left the temple and then brings it back to the present time. I like this style because you get to know what happens to all of the kids not just one. The story is really good too.
Tyler Sibold
This book was better than the secound one I think. It had more action and a bunch of details about the topic.I like how in the beginnig he gets trapped in a net.This book is my favorite so far the 1 and 2 were all right but the third one is the best so far.I rated this book 4 out of 5 stars because the word choice and the action.This are good fighting books too.
Rob
This is a fun series. I would recommend this series to boys who love action and martial arts. Not overly graphic, it still has enough detail to make it exciting and fast paced.

And for those who love to cook food from their favorite books, Snake offers up dumplings. However, you must use the Divine Dumpling's secret ingredient or it doesn't count.
VeeDawn
I liked this one even better than the last, which was surprising because I really DO NOT like Snakes! Still his point of view was fascinating and I really like the character, even though I am not converted to liking the real critter. I am interested in the next book too, since they discovered in this book that Crane is really a girl!
Heather
I like that this book had very little repetition of events from the first two books. I am still intrigued to find out how everyone fits together. The part with the dumpling shop was DISGUSTING. I really liked the story, though. Hopefully the next books (I have the next 3 on hold) come soon!
Stephanie
Another good book to a wonderful series. Snake, another monk wondering with bandits trying to find unfinished answers. Along the way he teams up with two of his brothers, Fu and Malao. My favorite part of the book is whe Fu was dunking Malao's head in the river. Highly recommended.
  • The Rescuers Down Under
  • Dragon Castle
  • The Test (Animorphs, #43)
  • Disney's The Little Mermaid: Classic Storybook
  • The Way of the Sword (Young Samurai, #2)
Jeff Stone is the author of the hugely successful Five Ancestors series. When that series concluded, he wanted to do something different than another tale set in seventeenth-century China. However, he was reluctant to completely let go of kung fu or the characters he had grown to love. So he created an opportunity to update them to his own contemporary life. That would be his new trilogy--The Five ...more
More about Jeff Stone...
Tiger (Five Ancestors, #1) Monkey (Five Ancestors, #2) Crane (Five Ancestors, #4) Eagle (Five Ancestors, #5) Mouse (Five Ancestors, #6)