Start by marking “Daughter of Darkness (Darkness, #1)” as Want to Read:
Daughter of Darkness (Darkness, #1)

Daughter of Darkness (Darkness #1)

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  290 ratings  ·  19 reviews
When a rash of hellhound related homicides sends Gwen searching for clues, she comes face to face with Pallo, the Master Vampire who owns Necro's Magik World & Supernatural Theme Park. What she doesn't realize is that she and Pallo share a past, and only he can help her discover who she really is.
Published March 30th 2005 by New Concepts Publishing (first published April 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Daughter of Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daughter of Darkness

FiFi
"WTF" is what I repeatedly said to myself as I read this book. And I didn't use "WTF" like I do when I've just found a dress I love for half-off. Oh, no. I used "WTF" to express the sloppy writing skills of this author. The storyline is scattershot. After you've read 1/3 of the book, the heroine has slept with more men than I did in my first year in college ... she's moved from one predicament to another WITHOUT asking any questions and is always being "saved" by one of the men she's known bibli ...more
Jessica Uzzo
1.5 stars (because im feeling generous) for another sad example of a story with such promise being absolutely ruined by the writing. The plot isnt exactly unique-ive read past lives messing up present ones storylines before- but this one felt like it could be interesting and compelling despite not being unique. That was the high point of the book. For most of the book you have to try to figure out what is going on yourself because nothing is explained. You figure out pretty quickly its a case of ...more
Marsha
First and foremost, before you read this review all books are not for all people and "Daughter of Darkness" is definitely not for me. It is basically written poorly with a very light plot. If that is your thing then this book will be for you. I don't like adult love triangles; so I definitely don't like sex triangles. I am not a prude but I just did not enjoy this read.
Racheal
This was...well, dumb is too mean, but along those lines. The romance was unbelievable/just boring. She fell way too easy even for their "predicament". The characters were...well static for starters, but also just trite. The main girl couldn't decide if she was a badass or a pushover...not to mention her inability to avoid hopping into bed with anything that moved. It was apparently uncontrollable or something.

Anywho, this struck me as trying to be similar to the Anita Blake series and just fal
Runningrabbit
The first book of this series is a book that appears to focus on explicit sex and sexual tension rather than maintaining a storyline that keeps you hooked, and this bores to death.

It starts off with some promise, but following the first sexual incident, this is all the story seems to do.
The novel compounds into one sexual adventure followed by another, losing my interest, plummeting my attention span culminating in massive skimming. I get the sex, I understand it's fun, but hey, I need a story o
Deseree
So most people have rated this 1 or 2 stars...craptastic. If I only read the first one I might have a similar impression because it seems nothing is really explained....probably because it wasn't. I bought the trilogy and read them all together and it was amazing. I can't wait to find out the stories for the rest of the guys. I am excited for James and Sohpie (haha). You get everything answered and explained in the last book. It was a little unexpected but beautifully rounded. I loved this set.
Sadie/Zarah
I give this a good, solid erotic 3 star rating. Keeping in mind that, while not a wholly different rating system, I do generally have far lower plot/character development expectations for an erotic novel.

For the most part I enjoyed the book. The men were kind and sexy, while Gwen had a wonderful sarcastic streak. Unfortunately she also slowly crept into the 'too stupid to live' category. She constantly ran out on her own, despite knowing she was being hunted. She seemed to be unable to look bey
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Reviewed by Rachel
This was a good series to get into. This book has a little bit of everything supernatural in it from witches to vampires, trolls to faeries. It covers all bases and gives them all personalities that are believable and endearing. I have not read any books by this author before but I have really enjoyed this series so far. I can’t wait to see where the next book takes me. I give it four stars.
The many characters in this story were varied and well developed. I enjoyed meeting and
Claire King
Oh my god cann anyone say slapper this. Book didn't offend me in any way it just made me want to slap the main character talk about a bike. She shags everything then gets pissed when they do it apart from all the shagging the story could have been quite good just was too much to an fro for me she should have charged she would have made a killing
Magan
A book to read if you don't want or need to put a lot of thought into it, I was not disappointed with it and will read the other two in the series but I'm glad the series was only .99!
Sarahlei
Bad awkward writing, little plot interest.
Jenn Dattilo Watts
This was a fun romp! At times I wasn't sure what the heck was going on, and at other times I had much more of an idea of what was going on than the heroine did. I really love the characters of Kerrigan, Sharon, & Caleb. I think I'll like Gwen more as I continue with the series. Having Gwen learn more about her past life throughout the book really helped me to be less irritated with her when she did things that made no sense to me. But I LOVE her spunky attitude :) Will definitely be continui ...more
Bitten_by_Books
Gwen Stevens has signs of ESP, though she has not quite gotten used to using these skills. Her job at the Paranormal Regulators Law Offices keeps her quite busy, especially now that the supernatural-related homicide rate is rising...

For the entire review please go to the Best Paranormal & Urban Fantasy Review site on the web, Bitten By Books for the review of Daughter Of Darkness in it's entirety. You won't be sorry.
Melissa Wallen joseph
Only thing that made me not give this 4 stars is all the different men. Would be rooting for one and then another. Too many love interests. Didn't look good on her part if u know what I am saying. Lol
Wanderlust
holy hades, what was that -_-
Netanella
This book pulled me in so many directions I felt like taffy - not quite sure who Gwen was with or what she wanted. So I had a very hard time wanting to like her as a character, either.
Sugar
the series is reminiscient of laurell k. hamiltons plots. didn't think this was better than that. didn't like how caleb seem to just come out of nowhere. may not read again.
Jaycee Clark
My very first ever Mandy M. Roth book. My life was never the same. :) Great book, wonderful series.
Kelly Berry
Enjoyed the different characters and the crazy ride they begin.
Joy
Joy marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
Kristianne
Kristianne marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Jessica Carbaugh
Jessica Carbaugh marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Carla
Carla marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Marijke
Marijke marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Sher Ballard
Sher Ballard marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
susan
susan marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Bkphoenix
Bkphoenix marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Christal Nakatsuchi
Christal Nakatsuchi marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Claudia
Claudia marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
  • Determined Theft (Stolen by the Alpha Wolf, #3)
  • A Taste for Passion (Kendrian Vampires, #1)
  • Stolen (Altered Destinies, #4)
  • Gypsy Moon
  • Mists of Velvet (Annwyn Chronicles, #2)
  • Cupid's Enchantment (Naughty Cupid #1)
  • The Case of the Sinful Santa (End Street Detective Agency #4)
  • The Woman (Settler's Mine, #3)
  • The Merzetti Effect
  • Lifting the Veil (Temptation Unveiled, #1)
  • Bitten
  • Red Demon (Gods of Midnight, #3)
  • Demon's Hunger (Compact of Sorcerers, #2)
  • Ascendance (Dominion, #4)
  • Breathe
  • The Reckoning (Immortals, #8)
  • Sacred Angels (Helena Zane, #1)
NY Times & USA Today Bestselling Author of the Daughter of Darkness Series and the Immortal Ops Series.

Mandy M. Roth is a self-proclaimed Goonie, loves 80s music and movies and wishes leg warmers would come back into fashion. She also thinks the movie The Breakfast Club should be mandatory viewing for…okay, everyone. When she’s not dancing around her office to the sounds of the 80s, she’s busy
More about Mandy M. Roth...

Darkness (3 books)
  • The Enchantress (Darkness, #2)
  • Bella Mia (Darkness, #3)
Immortal Ops Box Set Books 1-4 (Shifter Romances) Immortal Ops (Immortal Ops, #1) Tactical Magik (Immortal Ops, #5) Critical Intelligence (Immortal Ops, # 2) Radar Deception (Immortal Ops, # 3)

“Mess with a magical chic and you get some major clean-up when she is pissed!!!” 3 likes
“Sexy and deadly, just the way I like them.” 1 likes