Start by marking “The Witness” as Want to Read:
The Witness

The Witness

This summer's going to be a real killer...

Sand, surf, sun...Roxie lives for the summer. But this year things aren't going the way she planned.

Because when she breaks into Lee Blume's house just to win a stupid bet, she saw something she shouldn't have seen. And now she's the only witness to something she can't forget.

But someone's looking for Roxie. Someone who wants to sp
Paperback, Point Horror, 179 pages
Published March 17th 1995 by Scholastic Children's Books (first published July 1994)

To ask other readers questions about The Witness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Witness

Michaela
Jul 23, 2012 Michaela rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Roxie breaks into Lee Blume's house to win a bet and witnesses a murder. She doesn't know what to do and her fear builds when she realizes that the murderer saw her too.

A quick read, it took me about an hour. Somewhat predictable and the characters are a bit bland. I used to like it more, when I was younger and hadn't read as many genuinely scary horror books. This is kind of tongue-in-cheek horror.
Ray`nee
Aug 27, 2016 Ray`nee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought I read all of Stines but I guess I missed this one.....actually I saw this once on a book shelf but walked past it because it looked dumb. Years later I was browsing the internet and came across a site that had this book on audio. I decided to listen......WOW!!!! The people who acted this book out did a good job, they had sound effects and everything. This book was good!
Sally
Sep 21, 2012 Sally rated it liked it
This book was good and got me wondering what I would do if i was stuck in a similar situation, and then it made me realise how glad I am that I'm not in a similar situation, but that i can feel like I am just from reading a book...!
Jodi-Lee Kaemingk
My first (an only) R.L Stine Book. Yeah, yeah I know, that makes me a bad child of the 90s.
Christopher Fulbright
This was pretty good. It was a fast read, with enough mystery and suspense to keep you going. I lovced the setting with the teens living in the town near the beach and ocean, which makes for a little more fun reading, I think ... kind of like you get to go back to being a teen, and go on an imaginary vacation at the same time! My only complaint about it was that there were really only two suspects in the book, so there wasn't much guessing to do, and there were "false hooks" at the end of the ch ...more
Alex
Feb 07, 2014 Alex rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read all of R.L. Stine's Fear Street books as a kid, but read very few of his stand-alone books. (Probably because my library didn't carry many of them except for the Babysitter ones.) I had never even heard of this book, but I saw it at Half Price Books and it was cheap so I picked it up.

This was classic R.L. Stine, with twists at every turn. I thought I had the ending solved, but got thrown for a loop about halfway through. I like being surprised!

(view spoiler)
Leona
Mar 31, 2014 Leona rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am a very huge fan of R.L Stine, and the other point horrors written by him, however, this book was not one of my favorites. Although I liked the story line, the constant chapters ending on slight cliff hangers grew to be irritating. Many of them worked, but some were just infuriating to continue reading on with. However, I did enjoy the story line, though I feel the ending was clipped into shorter chapters than usual.
Megan
Oh, so cheesy! I am pretty sure I read this thriller novel before when I was a teen (I loved those RL Stine books!), but I read it again and derived much amusement from it. Teen girl thinks she witnesses murder and becomes a wreck over it.
Jaime
Apr 13, 2012 Jaime rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was a huge R.L. Stine fan in my early teens! I loved all the fear street books! They are what got me into reading again! :)
Stacie
Stacie rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2013
Alexandra Manley
Alexandra Manley rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2012
Paul Richer
Paul Richer rated it liked it
May 17, 2009
Aziza Henry-Richards
Aziza Henry-Richards rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2015
Carissa
Carissa rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2010
Magdalana Conin
Magdalana Conin rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2015
Jennifer Love
Jennifer Love rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2013
Paula Brandon
Paula Brandon rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2016
Kei0610
Kei0610 rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2012
Sarah Daus
Sarah Daus rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2015
Charlotte Koring
Charlotte Koring rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2015
Murtle
Murtle rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2010
Brian Murphy
Brian Murphy rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2016
Dominique Jones
Dominique Jones rated it it was ok
Dec 01, 2015
Ipek Emekli
Ipek Emekli rated it really liked it
May 28, 2014
Angel Erin
Angel Erin rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2016
Breah
Breah rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2012
Matthew Leeth
Matthew Leeth rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2011
Bella
Bella rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2013
Pazuzu_godking
Pazuzu_godking rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2012
Whitney
Whitney rated it liked it
May 31, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Diary
  • The Scream Team (Nightmare Hall, #5)
  • The Bride
  • The Surfer
  • Spring Break
  • Hide and Seek
  • The Window
  • The Watcher
  • Mother's Helper (Point Horror, #14)
  • The Lifeguard (Point Horror, #3)
  • Thirteen Again (Point Horror 13's)

R. L. Stine b