Spoiled Rotten

Spoiled Rotten

2.75 of 5 stars 2.75  ·  rating details  ·  8 ratings  ·  2 reviews
It starts with designer diapers. It extends to extravagant birthday parties, leads to boorish behavior and plummeting grades. What is the problem here? It's what we are doing to our children by not having the smarts to set boundaries, impose rules, and give them the firm, unwavering guidance they really need.

Finally, someone has written a book to help beleaguered parents t...more
Published September 1st 1993 by Grand Central Publishing (first published October 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Spoiled Rotten, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spoiled Rotten

Alenna
I was not impressed with this book at all. Most of this book is really just a rant and the "program" for discipline that is referenced in the final chapters is so vague that I doubt any parent got much useful information about this.
With that said, it was a little nostalgic to read this book (which was written in '91!) and to think how UN-spoiled I was, since I didn't have the Pound Puppies, Teddy Ruxpin, Super Mario Brothers games or many of the other 80's toys he referenced. And it also made m...more
Maia
I read this before I had children. Before I was even married, actually. Now that I have just had my third child, I think i will read it again. :) I remember it being pretty funny, straightforward and being glad that I read it.
meeschka
meeschka marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2012
Dingus
Dingus added it
Sep 29, 2010
Zuheily
Zuheily marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2010
Macrin Sosa
Macrin Sosa marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2010
How to Be a Happy Parent...in Spite of Your: Children! (In Spite of Your Children!) Unsafe on Any Burner: Misadventures of a Rookie Cook