Start by marking “Jihad in the West: Muslim Conquests from the 7th to the 21st Centuries” as Want to Read:
Jihad in the West: Muslim Conquests from the 7th to the 21st Centuries

Jihad in the West: Muslim Conquests from the 7th to the 21st Centuries

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Chronicles the Muslim holy war against Christians, from the little-known Islamic military invasions of Europe in the Dark Ages to today's random acts of terrorism, revealing the seldom-appreciated record of brutality perpetrated in the name of Allah...Title: .Jihad in the West..Author: .Fregosi, Paul..Publisher: .Prometheus Books..Publication Date: .1998/10/01..Number of P ...more
Published October 1st 1998 by Prometheus Books

To ask other readers questions about Jihad in the West, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jihad in the West

James Rasbeary
The best book I have read describing the history of Islam and Jihad. Written before 911. Graphic and perhaps not suitable for younger readers.
Richard
A thorough review of religious based aggression from the Islamic world. Puts the lie to the idea that Christians have been the primary aggressors in the religious warfare between Islam and the West.
William
Such a great read!
As far as I know, this is the only book exposing the Islamic aggression all over Europe; dating back to the 8th century.
It's a must read to any history lover.
Frode
I thought this was a pretty good history of Muslim foreign policy, kill or convert non-Muslims. Most Americans would profit from reading this book since it will fill in lots of blanks.
'Aussie Rick'

I found this book to be a very easy to read account of the role of 'Jihad' in European history. I have read about a dozen books on the Crusades from terry Jones 'Crusades' to Steven Runciman's 'The First Crusade' and to tell the truth this has been the first book I have seen that looks at the Muslim version of our 'Crusades'.

The author only offers a brief overview of Jihad in Europe but even that brief history is very interesting. I found at times that the authors sarcasm spoilt my reading, he a
Jeff
Great primer to the history of Islam and it's relationship to the Christian West. I will be doing further reading of some of the sources Fregosi cited in his book. Highly recommended for anyone interested in an uncensored account of violent Jihad throughout Islamic history and the justification for it in Islamic texts, most notably the Qur'an and Haddiths. I subtracted a star due to some poor editing. Otherwise, I would have given it 5 stars.
Jenifer
I almost quite reading this book, but I stuck it out and it was very interesting. It was kind of like reading a text book. It was interesting to learn about the history some of the different wars and how they shaped European history.

I am such a nerd!
Luis Eduardo
A good introduction to the ideas behind the jihad movement and an excellent account of the West's clash with Islam.
John English
John English marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Renan Virginio
Renan Virginio marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Amos Muzee
Amos Muzee marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Daryl Chritsensen
Daryl Chritsensen marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Joe Stadum
Joe Stadum marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Fred
Fred marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Brian Jonson
Brian Jonson is currently reading it
Mar 16, 2015
Seth Bouchelle
Seth Bouchelle marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Marko
Marko marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Anshumaan Bajaj
Anshumaan Bajaj marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Piper
Piper marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Karen
Karen added it
Feb 01, 2015
Daniel Rodger
Daniel Rodger marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Annamarie
Annamarie marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Christopher Goins
Christopher Goins marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Dreams of Empire: Napoleon and the First World War, 1792-1814 Dreams of Empire: Napoleon and the First World War, 1792-1815