Start by marking “Jihad in the West: Muslim Conquests from the 7th to the 21st Centuries” as Want to Read:
Jihad in the West: Muslim Conquests from the 7th to the 21st Centuries

Jihad in the West: Muslim Conquests from the 7th to the 21st Centuries

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  42 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
"Jihad," the Muslim holy war against Christians and others, has raged for 1,300 years with bloody conquests in Europe dating from campaigns to convert the infidels in the 7th century to today's random acts of terrorism in the name of Allah. Yet this huge unrecorded "hole" in European history has been censored and stifled by political and literary authorities who have feare ...more
Published October 1st 1998 by Prometheus Books

To ask other readers questions about Jihad in the West, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jihad in the West

James Rasbeary
Apr 16, 2013 James Rasbeary rated it it was amazing
The best book I have read describing the history of Islam and Jihad. Written before 911. Graphic and perhaps not suitable for younger readers.
Apr 06, 2009 Richard rated it really liked it
A thorough review of religious based aggression from the Islamic world. Puts the lie to the idea that Christians have been the primary aggressors in the religious warfare between Islam and the West.
May 05, 2013 William rated it it was amazing
Such a great read!
As far as I know, this is the only book exposing the Islamic aggression all over Europe; dating back to the 8th century.
It's a must read to any history lover.
Cæsar Dicāx
Sep 27, 2016 Cæsar Dicāx rated it did not like it
One of the worst books ever - Not recommended at all !

The Author _apparently_ doesn't know anything about Islamic history. He made this book only for one reason; bigotry. The man is a hater, he doesn't present facts unbiased; instead he keeps mocking Muslim faith and present erroneously straw-man version of the events. His ad hoc compulsive version is really ridiculous. Muslims didn't do anything like convert or die. There was a third option : Poll tax. The poll tax "Jizya" was taken from able m
Jul 07, 2011 Frode rated it liked it
I thought this was a pretty good history of Muslim foreign policy, kill or convert non-Muslims. Most Americans would profit from reading this book since it will fill in lots of blanks.
'Aussie Rick'
Nov 28, 2009 'Aussie Rick' rated it liked it
Shelves: history

I found this book to be a very easy to read account of the role of 'Jihad' in European history. I have read about a dozen books on the Crusades from terry Jones 'Crusades' to Steven Runciman's 'The First Crusade' and to tell the truth this has been the first book I have seen that looks at the Muslim version of our 'Crusades'.

The author only offers a brief overview of Jihad in Europe but even that brief history is very interesting. I found at times that the authors sarcasm spoilt my reading, he a
Jan 31, 2014 Jeff rated it really liked it
Great primer to the history of Islam and it's relationship to the Christian West. I will be doing further reading of some of the sources Fregosi cited in his book. Highly recommended for anyone interested in an uncensored account of violent Jihad throughout Islamic history and the justification for it in Islamic texts, most notably the Qur'an and Haddiths. I subtracted a star due to some poor editing. Otherwise, I would have given it 5 stars.
Jun 27, 2008 Jenifer rated it it was ok
I almost quite reading this book, but I stuck it out and it was very interesting. It was kind of like reading a text book. It was interesting to learn about the history some of the different wars and how they shaped European history.

I am such a nerd!
Luis Eduardo
Nov 09, 2013 Luis Eduardo rated it it was amazing
A good introduction to the ideas behind the jihad movement and an excellent account of the West's clash with Islam.
FieryJack marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2016
Alan rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2016
Tiia is currently reading it
Sep 21, 2016
Joe marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2016
Juriaan rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2016
David Emery McKown
David Emery McKown marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2016
Rhonnie marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Ftomic marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Man4science marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Darren rated it really liked it
May 08, 2016
Wilson marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Joseph Hazboun
Joseph Hazboun is currently reading it
Apr 09, 2016
Julian Prosser
Julian Prosser marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Cambrone marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
Stefan Peichev
Stefan Peichev is currently reading it
Mar 09, 2016
P. Es
P. Es marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2016
Andre Jonsson
Andre Jonsson marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2016
Nick rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2016
Anant marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2015