Start by marking “Whitewater Rendezvous” as Want to Read:
Whitewater Rendezvous

Whitewater Rendezvous (Alaska #1)

Danger, destiny, and romance on the river.A wilderness kayak adventure brings together two very different women—Chaz Herrick, a laid-back outdoorswoman, and Megan Maxwell, a workaholic news executive. As they battle the challenges of nature for survival, they discover that true love may be nothing at all like they imagined.
Published May 1st 2006 by Bold Strokes Books

To ask other readers questions about Whitewater Rendezvous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whitewater Rendezvous

Snow Falls by Gerri HillGulf Breeze by Gerri HillThe Target by Gerri HillWhitewater Rendezvous by Kim BaldwinNo Strings by Gerri Hill
A Lesbian Wilderness
4th out of 73 books — 32 voters
Catching Jordan by Miranda KenneallyGame. Set. Match. by Jennifer IacopelliShut Out by Kody KeplingerDairy Queen by Catherine Gilbert MurdockMegan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys by Kate Brian
Girls in Sports
93rd out of 270 books — 471 voters

More lists with this book...

Not my usual thing, but I truly loved this and will come back to it. The characters are great (main and supporting), the romance is lovely, and I really liked that Alaska is so powerful that it's a character too.
Apr 18, 2014 Anja rated it it was amazing
Uh, I have to say this is one cute story, just as I like them ;) So all thumbs up for Megan's and Chaz's encounter on a river in Alaska (what a setting, it makes me want to book a flight right now!)
Jan 29, 2015 Megzz rated it really liked it
Shelves: hot, exciting-plot
This was a very very nice story, and my first one by Kim Baldwin. I'll definitely read more by her.

It reminded me a lot of Gerri Hill's novels. The wilderness, the incredible chemistry between both women, the action, the hot sex scenes, the really romantic conception of love, and even the (maybe rushed) typical lesbian U-haul finish.

Despite being a predictable story which at times borders on cheesy, it's a very well written one, with sweet characters that are perfectly imperfect, and an overall
Jan 25, 2016 Syeinv rated it really liked it
Nice story, a little bit cheesy, but it did kept me awake all night. There are predictable moments, not many angst, but the characters are likable, especially Chaz.
Great description of the sceneries in Alaska. I really like the two main characters' interaction, I think that's what attracted me the most in this book.
The ending is kinda abrupted. And don't get me wrong, it is not a cliffhanger in anyway whatsoever, but I was so looking forward to the future of these main characters.
There are
Ashlee Farester
Jul 09, 2016 Ashlee Farester rated it really liked it
Quick, fun and easy to read.
Mar 17, 2014 Hope rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbt
Meh. 2.5 stars. Read this because I found Kim Baldwin's short version of the story and felt like it was unfinished, so I was kind of pleased to come across a full-length version. Unfortunately this seemed to go on too long and the characters became more and more annoying. Not as good as her other novels.
D. Leigh
Oct 26, 2010 D. Leigh rated it it was amazing
This has been out a while, but it's still my favorite of Kim Baldwin's standalone romances. The characters are appealing, the trip through Alaska fascinating and the romance endearing. You'll find yourself rooting for these two sexy women all the way through the book.
Debra Todd
Jan 13, 2013 Debra Todd rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable reading. You'll root for all the gals in it, but especially Chaz and Megan. The scenery description makes me want to go visit Alaska very badly. I can't fathom how beautiful the state must be. Highly suggested read.
Jan 05, 2013 Joni rated it really liked it
I picked this up after reading two other books by this author. Love her descriptions of Alaska. The relationship part of the book is ok, the two main characters do seem to suffer from a lot of misunderstandings. 4 stars for the setting.
Gaelle Cathy
Aug 07, 2013 Gaelle Cathy rated it really liked it
Excellent. Beautiful scenery. Great characters and writing. A really good book. My first Kim Baldwin (I know!!! Shame on me.), not disappointed anyway.
Oct 09, 2010 Gloria rated it it was amazing
An Author that you want to read all of her literary work. This was the first novel of Kim's that I had read and is a favorite of mine...
Apr 03, 2010 Cheri rated it liked it
This book has some good action, a good story, and some good lovin'. My review is located at
Apr 12, 2013 Kayaker rated it it was amazing
Great story of two people falling in love. Story is better than the writing which is kind of cheesy/mediocre.
Manousmile rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2016
Hilo rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2016
Carrie rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2016
Samantha Luce
Samantha Luce marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2016
Kat rated it really liked it
Oct 17, 2016
Sisu.Yvi rated it it was amazing
Oct 09, 2016
Val added it
Oct 06, 2016
Shula M
Shula M rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2016
KD rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2016
Tamara marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2016
Kimberly rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2016
Cami added it
Sep 25, 2016
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2016
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2016
T.J. Carter
T.J. Carter marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
Mouthybutthefer rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2016
  • Sierra City
  • Turn Back Time
  • Learning Curve
  • Indelible
  • Substitute for Love
  • First Lady
Kim has made her living as a writer for more than three decades, working as an Emmy-winning journalist in network news for twenty years before she began penning fiction. She resides in a national forest in Michigan, with few neighbors and a long drive to get to the nearest airport, movie theater, or ethnic restaurant. She never imagined herself a novelist, her first book, Hunter’s Pursuit, was wri ...more
More about Kim Baldwin...

Alaska (3 books)