Start by marking “Lily B. on the Brink of Love” as Want to Read:
Lily B. on the Brink of Love

Lily B. on the Brink of Love (Lily B. #2)

3.60  ·  Rating Details  ·  347 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
For use in schools and libraries only. As a writer for an advice column, Lily B. keeps quite a busy schedule at school, but that doesn't stop her from handling all the other dramas that come her way, including a rock climbing adventure with friends and finding true love of her own.
Published December 1st 2006 by Turtleback Books (first published August 1st 2005)

Victoriasaravia
Jan 13, 2009 Victoriasaravia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book! It is about this girl, Lily Blennerhasset, who enters the eight grade. She develops this major crush for this boy named Colter Hendricks. Although whenever she sees him she can't speak or breathe, she is determined to make him realize that she is the right girl for him. She also gets this AMAZING opportunity to be an assistant to a real writer Ellis Parson. Without knowing the Ellis Parson was Colter's mother, Lily B runs into him and makes a complete fool of herself! A ...more
Presley
May 31, 2010 Presley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 11th-grade
"Lily B. on the Brink of Love" is the sequel to "Lily B. on the Brink of Cool." With the start of a new school year, Lily has a new love interest: Coulter Parsons, or "The Boy" as Lily calls him. She chases him throughout the story, trying to solve her love issues while solving other people's problems along the way. Lily is the writer of the advice column in the school newspaper. Through helping others, Lily learns how to take her own advice and find solutions to her own problems. Like "Lily B. ...more
S.A.
Sep 09, 2011 S.A. rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: comfort readers
Recommended to S.A. by: classmate
GenreGroup
Lily B., the protagonist, is an 8th grader who writes an advice column for the Mulgrew Sentintel, her middle school's paper. This book centers around a crush that she has on a "boy who is the center of her universe," named Colter Hendricks. Although she is painfully nervous and awkward around him, she is determined to make notice her. Her work on the Sentinel lands her a job with a "real writer," Ellis Parson, who happens to be Colter's mother! This fortunate event gives her the opportunity to g ...more
A person
Mar 02, 2013 A person rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The storyline was simple: A girl named Lily who writes for the school newspaper falls in love with the new student at school named Colter. She later gets hired by a writer as her assistant, and finds out that Colter is the writer's son. With the help of her friends Charlotte and Bonnie, she tries to get along with Colter, but fails each time. Eventually, Lily realized that she and Colter have nothing in common, and gets over him for another boy named Jake (Bonnie's brother). Soon Colter and his ...more
Fiona
I really enjoyed this book I was laughing so hard at sometimes I couldn't breathe and other times I was trying to figure out some of the fancy words in the book while when I finished the book I realised that there was a dictionary of the words in the back!

This book is about the hilarious, teenage, author to-be, Lily Blennerhassett who has fallen in LOVE. She has a job of an advice columnist for the school newspaper and then her best friend, Charlotte, finds a note on the bulletin board that is a
JellyBeansBro
Apr 16, 2014 JellyBeansBro rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book and I am know starting lily b on the brink of Paris.
Holly
Feb 21, 2015 Holly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I though this book was boring.
Scott Williams
9565e4be-431e-4e6e-8cef-880a02c8d2a7
Scc
Oct 30, 2009 Scc rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really good book. There is a girl named Lily who gets a job to be a assistant of a famous writer. So she just runs arrans for her and does little things like that. But she meets this boy who she sees and falls in love with him. But then on her first day at work she meets him at the house and then finds out he is the writers son. But then at the end of the story she finds out who she really knows is the right guy for her. This is a good book for girls 11 - 14. but again that is a guess ...more
Ms.
Jun 09, 2009 Ms. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jillian-l
Lily B. is back . . . and she's on the Brink of Love! Twenty feet may not seem that high to you. But go outside, find a big rock, measure twenty feet up, then picture The Boy Who Is the Center of Your Universe clinging to that place, looking resplendent in climbing shoes. Then you'll know what I mean.
Favorite Line from book:
"He's on belay," Bonnie said. "If he falls, he'll just hang there until he can get himself back on the rock again."
If only love could be that risk free. =)
-jillian
Jennifer Danko
Jun 07, 2010 Jennifer Danko rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-lit
Kimmel creates a character every teenage girl can relate to. Falling for the new kid is never easy. Trying to get him to notice you is even harder. Lily B. shows young girls there is life after heartache. This book can be challenging read for children under the age twelve. Fortunately Kimmel has provided glossary in the back of the book for words that be hard to define or understand. This makes for a great book for advancing readers and enforces new words for students to learn.
Batsheva
Apr 28, 2009 Batsheva rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
After the amazing "Lily B. on the Brink of Cool" I was very eager to read this. However, it proved to be a big disappointment. Lily went from being a hilarious, original, and believable character to the all-to-common teenage girl stereotype, aka one who thinks about nothing but "boys, boys, boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

That said, the book wasn't all bad. I liked Bonnie's character, and there were several amusing parts. But I have to say it was the low point of the series.
Seb Demetter
I feel the need to say this was NOT a book I had planned to read! When I had joined my middle school's English Festival, I was under the impression that we wouldn't be required to read ALL of the books on the list. I did have to hide the cover, and read it super fast at home, but it wasn't QUITE as bad as the cover implied :)Still pretty cheesy, though; I wouldn't recommend it.
Nov 02, 2009 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lily is now in the eighth grade and after a summer with the LeBlancs she now has to face another challenge: love.

Enter New Paltz Colter Hendricks. A ninth-grader and a killer rock climber. Now she can barely speak around him. No prob.With the help of her best friend Charlotte and her friend Bonnie, Lily may win over Colter.
Ashley
Apr 11, 2012 Ashley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the series I loved reading when I was younger, so again, I decided to read another book in the series for the second time. It was equally as good. However, like I said about "Lily B. on the Brink of Cool," this book is more made for ages 9-12.
Alexandra
Alexa Tex
It was a cute book! I liked it how you weren't expecting the end and the main question was is the Boy for her or not? It was short and sweet and an easy read for girls... or boys to enjoy as it is a humerous and romantic book in the one!
Mary
Apr 28, 2011 Mary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lily has managed to get a column in the school paper and now has landed a real job with a real writer--how amazing is that. But in the midst of all this she spots a new boy who is definitely "The Boy" and she is in "love."
Alyssa
Mar 25, 2010 Alyssa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I enjoyed this book when I was younger, and it's still really cute. Not something I'd generally remember for the rest of my life, but at the time I'd read this, I have to say it inspired me into writing, where I am right now. :)
Sabrina
Jul 23, 2012 Sabrina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, chick-flick
there ya go! This one is a step up! Maybe even two! The series bounced back and this one may even be the best. Lily B. definately cracks me up, though I'm not like her at all so can't really relate....
Tina
Mar 07, 2009 Tina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
this was an ok book. i felt that it was a catching story but it wasnt awesome. The character Lily plays in the book is really cool, with the personality of sparkly, and spritefulness. a nice book.
Taylor
Jun 13, 2009 Taylor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it is a REALLY good book............i LOVE it!!!!!! so surprising!!!Elizabeth Cody Kimmel
Kiwi (krystal) Jonas
2nd part to the brink of cool. Really great book-like the other one!! And like I said before, mostly for girls. I REALLY love this book, seriously... Read it... Like it... Or hate it!! ;)
Brett
Jan 17, 2010 Brett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tackles the unrequited middle-school crush with sympathy & humor. Lily is a very likable character, & the vocabulary & writing style are fantastic.
Kelsey F
Oct 23, 2009 Kelsey F rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book is kind of about relation ship stuff and crushes. It's not my kind of book but it's okay and hey you should try it maybe you would like it.
Emily
Jul 02, 2009 Emily rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book soooo much becuase I really want to become a writer and he does to. So that inspired me to keep on going and beliving. XD
Mary Heyl
It was an easy read with the advantage of introducing a lot of interesting vocabulary. Middle schoolers, especially the girls, will like it.
Kara
Oct 21, 2009 Kara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book is so funny and its great for the girls that go through the same situations.
Nataytay
Jul 15, 2009 Nataytay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked the way the story ended up and how things flowed throughout the book!
  • Mallory's Guide to Boys, Brothers, Dads, and Dogs (Mallory McDonald, #15)
  • Ophie Out of Oz
  • Just Add Magic
  • Witch Twins (Witch Twins, #1)
  • Accidentally Famous (Accidentally, #2; Candy Apple #14)
  • Summerhouse Time
  • The Fourth Grade Wizards
  • Fairy School Dropout
  • Life, Starring Me! (Candy Apple #18)
  • Emma, Smile and Say "Cupcake!" (Cupcake Diaries, #11)
  • Empire State of Slime (The Zombie Chasers #4)
  • Confessions of a Bitter Secret Santa (Candy Apple #13)
  • Just Grace, Star on Stage (Just Grace, #9)
  • Making Waves (Candy Apple #10)
  • The Summer Sherman Loved Me