Start by marking “365 Games Smart Toddlers Play: Creative Time to Imagine, Grow and Learn” as Want to Read:
365 Games Smart Toddlers Play: Creative Time to Imagine, Grow and Learn

365 Games Smart Toddlers Play: Creative Time to Imagine, Grow and Learn

3.15 of 5 stars 3.15  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  8 reviews
365 Games Smart Toddlers Play will help you make the best of the time you and your toddler share, every day of the year.
Each day with your toddler brings new experiences for them and new opportunities for you to teach, share and grow closer to each other. Bestselling parenting author Sheila Ellison fills each page with fun, practical ways to create and enhance those speci
Published April 1st 2006 by Sourcebooks (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about 365 Games Smart Toddlers Play, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 365 Games Smart Toddlers Play

Tina
I picked this up looking for some fresh new ideas for my class, but found mostly ideas that are only new if you've never seen children play. Also some things are just bad advice, never tape paper to the wall & allow children to color on it, at the recommended age (20-24 months) they will think that means they can color on the whole wall.
Megan
I read this digitally and sadly lost all my bookmarks. One idea I loved was to create an office box. As a working mom I never thought to create play where my daughter could emulate me. Old cells a keyboard. Other work type stuff.

Also I liked the idea of a random act of kindness jar to write down times you catch your child being kind.
Stephanie
This book is full of ideas for activities for young children. They are very crafty and creative, but some are high maintenance or unrealistic. I used some fun ideas from this book while I was working as a nanny. However, you can probably find similar ideas just by searching the internet.
Heidi
Some good ideas, but I think the title is misleading. There are some duplicate ideas in different sections of the book, and quite a few of the "Games" are parenting tips, not activities. Still, I made a list of quite a few activities I will try to do sometime in the future with my son.
Yeedle
A creative book, but most of the ideas can be find online with the help of the Internet God. The drawings though is something you won't see anywhere online. So if you can get it from a library, it's a good resource. But to buy it is a waste of money.
Kate
Aug 30, 2007 Kate rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents of toddlers
lots of very creative activities to do with your toddler. includes ways to enhance your child's life. my favorite: "masking tape madness!!!!!"
wonderful ideas for playtime. great for stay at home parents.
Casey
Jan 23, 2008 Casey rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: stay at home moms
Good to keep around and fill in the gaps of the day.
Lubna
Lubna marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Jovanna Walker
Jovanna Walker is currently reading it
Aug 30, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Hrvoje
Hrvoje marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2013
Bird
Bird marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2013
Gia
Gia marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2013
Shyamala Kanugovi
Shyamala Kanugovi marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2013
Fiona
Fiona added it
Jan 09, 2013
PurplyCookie
PurplyCookie marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2012
Einkerem
Einkerem marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2012
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
May 31, 2012
Sarah marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2012
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2012
If Women Ruled the World: How to Create the World We Want to Live In The Courage To Be a Single Mother: Becoming Whole Again After Divorce 365 Days of Baby Love: Playing, Growing and Exploring with Babies from Birth to Age 2 365 Days of Creative Play 365 Games Smart Babies Play