Start by marking “High School Debut, Vol. 04 (High School Debut, #4)” as Want to Read:
High School Debut, Vol. 04 (High School Debut, #4)

High School Debut, Vol. 04 (High School Debut #4)

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  2,221 ratings  ·  45 reviews
Can a junior high jock turn high school sweetheart overnight? When Haruna hits ninth grade suddenly boys seem much more interesting than softball! Will Haruna’s high school debut end up in heartbreak hotel?

Haruna jumps to the conclusion that Yoh is interested in her friend Mami when she sees the two of them together. Instead of confronting him about it, she runs away! Will
Published July 1st 2008 by VIZ Media, LLC (first published May 25th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about High School Debut, Vol. 04, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about High School Debut, Vol. 04

Theresa ♫
Dec 02, 2012 Theresa ♫ rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fellow humans in search for lovey-dovey
Okay, first thing's first.

I must mention to you all from personal experience . . . that Haruna . . .

IS YOUR AVERAGE TEENAGE GIRL.

Well, your average BEGINNER AT DATING teenage girl.

Warning, my dear goodreaders. THERE ARE SPOILERS IN THIS REVIEW.

SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIILEEEEEEEEEEEEEERS
So please. Beware. ^_^

This book was BEYOND ADORABLE. ADORABLE times 100000000000000! It was just so cute.
On Haruna's date with Yoh, she keeps questioning what he'd like. What she should wear, where they shoul
Shannon
Gahhh, I can't stop reading these!! It's like crack. Someone's going to have to put me in manga rehab soon. While there are other manga's whose art I love more, I just love reading about Haruna and Yoh. I swear, this manga made me laugh so much! I probably looked like some psycho laughing so much out loud to myself.

Poor Haruna! She was trying so hard for christmas and she needed to chill for a second. I loved when Yoh and her had their first kiss. Soo cute!! Then Haruna started ignoring Yoh beca
Christina
Haruna is trying to plan the best possible Christmas date with Yoh... and succeeds! But when an employee at the restaurant they dine at decides to play a cruel game, Yoh tries to console Haruna with a kiss, and she freaks out! It was her very first kiss, and it was with Yoh! She's so excited and nervous that she keeps involuntarily avoiding him and now she can't even look or speak to him! This leaves Yoh feeling rejected and hurt. Will Haruna's overreaction be the end of their relationship?

'mm,
Ashley
Haruna gives it her all in everything she does. Now that she's dating Yoh, she's giving it her all to be the best girlfriend she can be. More than anything she wants to make Yoh as happy as he makes her. Fortunately for us readers, that isn't simple for Haruna as she's hilarious as she tries to plan a perfect Christmas with Yoh. It's her goal, but when it starts to go awry and it ends with a kiss Haruna throws herself into unnecessary panic, making the situation worse.

High School Debut proves to
Patricia
This is absolutely one of my favorite series. I can say that only for a chosen few, and this is one. I love the story, I love Haruna and Yoh's relationship, I love the romance and I love the characters (some more than others).

Do I love the art? Well, I did. I really did. I don't think I'm the only one that's noticed how fast and dramatically the art has changed. Or at least I hope not. It's either in this volume or the next that the art starts changing almost immediately. If you have volumes 1-
Michelle. D.
I am writing about the overall series. I finsihed reading the entire series on January 7, 2011.

The overal series was pretty great. I gave it a 4 star rating. Let's talk about some things now.

I. Love. Yoh. I just love him. He is so adorable! Andd I hate that I have to say that. But I can't help myself, he is SO ADORABLE! ANd cool, and awesome, and hot(lol) and all those other wors to descibe him. I love his personality and I love how he is easily embarrassed. He is just so ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!! I w
Estara
Stacey
I think that the 4th book was really funny than the 2nd book I read. But what I loved about the 4th book was that Haruna would clearly fall in love with her best friend Yoh. At first I thought that they would make a pretty couple(in a different story). Kidding, but they made the most cutest yet funniest couple ever. But I hope that Haruna could talk to Yoh like a normal person. Cuz the funniest part that happened was that on X-mas, Haruna planned a so-called "magical" evening with her best frie ...more
Sakura Yue Michaelis
It is Christmas time and Haruna wants to make something special for Yoh. So she gets a job (from where she is fired after some time, just because she worked so hard! WTH!) to get him a present, also bakes him a cake and starts making plan for the evening.

When they are on their date, she realizes she never kissed anyone before but Yoh has. And what is her reaction? She cries and runs away.. WTH? Of course he goes after her, and gives her her fist kiss. And what is her reaction next day? She avoi
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Haruna seems to be confused at what she should do and feel now that she's Yoh's girlfriend. And she gets some help from her two friends. This series is getting more and more good. The expressions and the eyes are drawn really well. This is honestly becoming my favorite manga series. And that ending was just too cute!
Anila
Yesterday I read one volume of this manga, went and watched the movie You Again, and then came back and read another volume. All I really have to say is: even though this series isn't nearly as good as Love*Com, it's still a better portrayal of high school than American movies are. Hollywood, you made me afraid of the tenth grade. If I'd gotten into manga before then, perhaps those effects would be negated. It'd ridiculous that the American entertainment industry thinks it has to make everything ...more
Zen
Re-read in March 2014! And just as funny and sweet as I remember... What a great series this is.
Amy (Books, College, and Other Random Things)
In the fourth volume, Haruna and Yoh are going out and decide to spend Christmas together. Harua wants to make Yoh say that he is glad he has a girlfriend and is doing anything and everything she can to be it a great date since Yoh usually feels that he isn't a boyfriend but more of a guardian. Haruna even gets a job and gets her and Yoh's friend's advice. At one point in the manga, Haruna sees Yoh with Mami. Will Haruna make Yoh say that he's glad to have a girlfriend? Why is Yoh hanging out wi ...more
Jennn
Erica
Best one so far! I loved it!! So romantic ^_^ I have to say, if you're a guy you might not like this series because it has a lot to do with love. But to all those girls out there you gotta get this!! It's amazing!
Read it as soon as possible. The relationship between Yoh and Haruna is so sweet. Although Yoh can be very guarded and kinda has a hard time letting people in, you see over time what a great person he really is. Haruna is sweet and very open, so as a couple they complete the missing pie
Nisha
My favorite volume so far. Yoh and Haruna are finally dating, but now comes the hard stuff. Both of them are novices in the dating scene and with Haruna and her wild imagination and enthusiasm, crazy things are bound to happen. But the nice this about this volume, is that everything that happens just makes the relationship stronger. There are no adversaries, except for the Yoh's sister who I think is just a manipulative bitch.

Lots of cuteness in this volume, so enjoy.
Lex Marie
In this volume of High School Debut, Haruna tries harder than ever to make Christmas with Yoh the best he's ever had. However, the day's end brings new trouble for Haruna and she struggles to learn to deal with it.
On a personal note, I realized reading this volume, just how much of my own high school romance I see in this manga. I can only continue to love this series more and more.
Again, another incredible volume of the ultimate in Shojo. 5/5 stars!
Christine
What is it with this girl and completely spazzing out? I mean, I get not being able to talk to your crush, but going completely catatonic and jumping to various conclusions based on little fact? What's that about?

Maybe I'm just too far removed from what being a teenager with a crush feels like, but I think Kazune purposefully took it over the top for comic value. I'm just not feeling it. Maybe it'll sort itself out in the next volume.
Mikaela
I think it's sweet. Christmas with the one you love! So Romantic. They even kissed. :"> but seriously the way that Haruna act after that is definitely weird. If i was a guy, i'd also think that she didnt like it. whew! What a misunderstanding it turned out to be! :| but in the end it was all good. well, not quite! :)) A new girl showed up! I guess she's The Rival of Haruna. XD
VampireAngelSadist
I honestly dont understand why there's more books to this series. Sure, Haruna is nice. But she's so...ditzy. A bit stupid and a bit irritating to read about because you understand more than she does in the situation. Which is why she looks stupid.
And really, wasn't the only thing that Haruna wanted was to find her true love? Well, she found him. What else is there?
Liz
12/14/14 2.5
This is my favourite volume in this series. Throughout the series, Kawahara uses repeated panels for comedic emphasis; but the Christmas episode where Haruna is planning her "big date" is her most effective use of it! Perfection!
Yasaswi Gudipudi
Why new character again? Fed up with Haruna being too much spineless but the reason the make me keep reading this manga is Yoh. I want something spicy, which is all missing this novel.....3 stars is far too much for this book!
Blue
Jan 02, 2012 Blue rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
This volume was so funny =)) It managed to make me feel all gooey inside, and then annoyed at Haruna, and then giddy all over again. UGH THIS MANGA. PLAYING WITH MY FEELINGS LIKE THAT.
Mikaela
This was a good book but i would say i like the third one better because I love they she acts and its really funny, because me and Haruna are like kinda the same but really diffrent.
Kendra
This was a very cute addition to Haruna's story. I was afraid that things would start to drag on, being the fourth volume. But, no. The plot continues to stay funny and interesting.
Chelsea
Contains Chapters 13 - 16: This was another great addition to this series. The Christmas plot line was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed this volume.
Dancechica
This series is so cute. Silly and melodramatic at times, but very cute. I like the main characters and the humor enough to keep reading.
Brianna
Hahaha this volume cracks me up because in a way I'm kinda like Haruna. Its funny how Yoh's kisses can kill her. I love the series so far!
  • Love*Com (Lovely*Complex), Volume 3
  • Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Vol. 06
  • Dengeki Daisy, Vol. 4 (Dengeki Daisy, #4)
KAWAHARA Kazune (河原和音)

At 18, debuted with "Kare no Ichiban Sukina Hito"
Her hobby is interior redecorating. Also, while thinking of her manga, she often spaces out and brings grocery baskets home. Adores her nieces.
More about Kazune Kawahara...
High School Debut, Vol. 01 (High School Debut, #1) High School Debut, Vol. 02 (High School Debut, #2) High School Debut, Vol. 03 (High School Debut, #3) High School Debut, Vol. 05 (High School Debut, #5) High School Debut, Vol. 13 (High School Debut, #13)