Start by marking “Nightwing: The Lost Year” as Want to Read:
Nightwing: The Lost Year

Nightwing: The Lost Year (Nightwing I #13)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  127 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Growing up as Robin the Boy Wonder, Dick Grayson lived a lifetime in the shadow of Batman. As an adult, the former sidekick took the identity of Nightwing and now forges his own identity as a crimefighter.

This latest volume in the series written by Legendary author of THE NEW TEEN TITANS, Marv Wolfman, explores the lost year of Dick Grayson's life, after he quit being th

Published March 5th 2008 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Nightwing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nightwing

John Yelverton
This book series really tanked with this filler addition about the character's transition from Robin to Nightwing in detail that really wasn't needed or wanted.
Bethany
I like the way a lot of the characters are drawn in this collection, and there are nice moments between characters (especially Dick and Babs), but there's also a lot of weird out of character stuff.

Liu exist purely to explain why Dick Grayson/Nightwing has trouble committing to relationships, but I don't really see that as Dick's problem in relationships (and he does have problems). Most of the backstory involving Liu and Metal Eddie feels shoehorned into what we already know about Dick.

And the
Sophie
Not quite four stars, that's why I'm only giving this one three, but it's a definite improvement on the previous volume. Dick's a lot more Dick here, finally, although to be honest I could care less about the girl stuff (well, I do like Dick/Babs, and the annual really was great, but the rest of it was.. there just was too much of it). And as for the last couple of panels - uh, Dick, honey, it didn't REALLY take you ten years or so to get the message that Batman - and you - don't kill, did it?

St
sixthreezy
Nightwing is becoming an increasingly interesting character to me. Obviously I'm learning more about Dick Grayson as I wade my way through the plethora of Batman comics I've been reading recently. This one sticks out to me as the most tragic, but the most enlightening to the character of Grayson's heart and mind. I especially loved this in the beginning due to the flashbacks of when he was Robin, showing the differences of character between times. Would have liked to have seen an ending with mor ...more
Stacey
I admit it, I'm a fan of Nightwing. I like that he's a character that has evolved within the DC Universe from a sidekick to a leader to a hero in his own right.

This is a neat collection from the series that fills in the periods where Dick was Robin but not really in the same sidekick way. It follows him growing up. The first story with Barbara Gorden was sweet and funny and nostalgic to the old "Dynamite Duo" days. The second arc was more like the New Teen Titans days that were all about teen an
Christen
This is a must for Dick/Babs fans looking for more behind the scenes information on this pairing. However, the other stories didn't capture my interest much.
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
Pretty good. Some great art, but I want to know what happens! Guess I will have to track down the next volume.
Kace
2 stars for the single issues. 4 stars for the annual. Averages out to 3 stars.
Leilani
Dick/Babs! My favorite Nightwing TPB yet.
Devorah Garfinkel
Devorah Garfinkel marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Patrick O'Loughlin
Patrick O'Loughlin marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Tyler
Tyler marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Jemah Malherbe
Jemah Malherbe marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Women-Of-Justice
Women-Of-Justice marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
DB
DB marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Dreamingintherain
Dreamingintherain marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
  • Batgirl, Vol. 6: Destruction's Daughter
  • Red Robin, Volume 2: Collision
  • Batman: Battle for the Cowl Companion
  • Robin: A Hero Reborn
Marvin A. "Marv" Wolfman is an award-winning American comic book writer. He is best known for lengthy runs on The Tomb of Dracula, creating Blade for Marvel Comics, and The New Teen Titans for DC Comics.
More about Marv Wolfman...

Nightwing I (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Nightwing, Vol. 1: A Knight in Blüdhaven
  • Nightwing, Vol. 2: Rough Justice
  • Nightwing, Vol. 3: Love and Bullets
  • Nightwing, Vol. 4: A Darker Shade of Justice
  • Nightwing, Vol. 5: The Hunt for Oracle
  • Nightwing, Vol. 6: Big Guns
  • Nightwing, Vol. 7: On the Razor's Edge
  • Nightwing: Year One (Batman)
  • Nightwing: Mobbed Up
  • Nightwing: Renegade
Crisis on Infinite Earths Batman: A Lonely Place of Dying The New Teen Titans: The Judas Contract Crisis on Infinite Earths The New Teen Titans: The Terror of Trigon