Start by marking “Boss Man (Long, Tall Texans, #28)” as Want to Read:
Boss Man (Long, Tall Texans, #28)

Boss Man (Long, Tall Texans #28)

3.77  ·  Rating Details ·  1,884 Ratings  ·  64 Reviews
"New York Times" bestselling author Diana Palmer continues to deliver with this brand-new story in her Long Tall Texans series that at last tells the story of Blake Kemp. This tough Texan is a man of the law, yet he breaks the rules to avenge the death of a woman he once loved. But will newfound feelings for his assistant Violet replace his need for revenge? Original.
Mass Market Paperback, Silhouette Desire #1688, 186 pages
Published November 1st 2005 by Silhouette Books

To ask other readers questions about Boss Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boss Man

Beautiful Bastard by Christina LaurenJust the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie JamesTangled by Emma ChasePlaying for Keeps by R.L. MathewsonBared to You by Sylvia Day
Office Romances
64th out of 221 books — 390 voters
Bet Me by Jennifer CrusieNight Play by Sherrilyn KenyonRomancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia QuinnSuddenly You by Lisa KleypasToo Much Temptation by Lori Foster
Plus Sized Heroines (formerly Truly Plus)
85th out of 352 books — 329 voters

More lists with this book...

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
Good book but it comes with a red level shovel alert. I don't know what happened to Blake. He was a nice guy before he got his own book. And then he metamorphosized into a big, huge jerk. If I was Violet, I would have told him to take a long walk off a short pier. Luckily I am not, so we get the happy ending. I wish that DP didn't feel it was necessary to make Violet lose weight. It would be nice to have a cuddly heroine in Jacobsville. Loved the Siamese cats.
Pat Cromwell
Feb 05, 2009 Pat Cromwell rated it it was ok
I was so looking forward to Blake's story and I was so ticked that Blake was a jerk!

1) Hero: Definitely Jerk of the year

2) Read entire book: No. I'd read bits and pieces about him in other books and I so wanted him to be one of the good jerks but he wasn't

3) Intriguing: Uh..NO

4) Do I still have the book or did I give it away to the goodwill: Uh Yeah! Throw away a Palmer book? Absolutely not!!!!! Never!!!

5) Did she jump the shark on this one: God no! I love Diana Palmer and this was just anothe
Feb 05, 2013 PNR rated it did not like it
Ok, just not my thing. First of all, the heroine was an idiot. The dude says a bajillion times that he does not love her, does not want to get married, does not want to have children. She knows why. They've talked about it. Yet she is shocked and crushed when she overhears him saying the same to someone else?? How is that logical? She just annoyed me with her doormat-ness and chasing so, so hard after a dude who could not have been more explicit that he did not want to be caught.

He was just a do
Lynsey A
I think H's confirmed bachelor status just became habit - he went down kicking and screaming - as h pulled away, he certainly changed his mind/ways. 2.5 stars.
Jul 18, 2011 Ashley rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
God, I really wanted to like this book. I like heroines who aren't physically perfect and taciturn heroes. This one, just wasn't that good.

Blake is an a-hole, to be blunt. If any man ever insinuated that I was fat, I'd read him the riot act and probably pour something on his head. But not Violet. She was hurt for all of five seconds and then accepts any iota of "affection" Blake tosses her way. And the whole "Oh my God, I lost control and didn't use any protection" thing grates on m
Zeinab Dh
Feb 25, 2015 Zeinab Dh rated it it was amazing
Diana Palmer is an amazing writer. I love her work. I read any book for her because it I just simple hot sexy wonderful work. This book is so great that I have read it over 6 times. I found the last scene in the book so funny the way the cops gather around and start reading and the boss man starts with the law. I love how he was into Violet and how he treated her and about the baby. The best parts for me are the fights. I know some may say the sensuality and romance are the best in any book but ...more
Nov 09, 2010 Judith rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is a fairly typical Palmer book, which to me is okay. It was well on its way to 3 stars but the ending was a bit of a disappointment for me. It is made clear to the reader that Blake likes Violet a lot, and will work hard to make a happy marriage, but he never confesses his undying love as other heroes always do. It just feels a bit like a relationship based on lust on his part, and one can only hope love will blossom in the future. This one kept me entertained, but that's all.
Jun 01, 2011 Juanita rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I know, I know. Another typical Diana Palmer, but it wasn't! I loved the "plus-sized" heroine. I loved her insecurities, and I loved how she fought back. I read this book in one day and I haven't been able to do that in a while. I guess I'm just a sucker for "you don't know what you've got until it's gone" type of romances. And this book gave me just that. The only disappointment for me was finding out that Duke Wright doesn't appear to have his story told yet...
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Sep 26, 2010 Alexis-Morgan Roark rated it it was ok
Jun 14, 2013 Mydearloverboy rated it really liked it
4.5 stars! I really liked this had a different flow from her usual books. For one, there wasn't much angst. But also, I felt like something was missing, which is why I gave it a 4.5 instead of a 5;)

Overall, it's a keeper for me!
Kaycee Sapinoso
This was a fairly typical Diana Palmer book where the heroine was secretly in love with the heroe And I loved it. Really. Especially when you see the those possessive alpha heroes fell in love.

I loved Violet. She's strong, loyal and amazing. She just loved Blake too much to notice that Blake didn't really want to marry her. Good thing that she learned about it. I felt sorry for her.

As for Blake, he's actually a good guy he just didn't want to get married not since his ex and unborn child died. B
This was a reread for me, and I had to bump the rating from 4* to 3*.. Kind of bland compared to DP's best work:-)
Oct 23, 2014 Pnrbookworm rated it it was amazing
One of my favorites by Diana Palmer! I loved them all but this one I have read several times!
Sulis Peri Hutan
read more:

Lumayan lah buku ini, dari awal konflik udah terlihat. Blake masih belum bisa melupakan mantannya dan ia tidak ingin terluka lagi, oleh karena itu dia sok judes pada Violet, padahal dia tertarik juga. Nggak tahan dengan omongan Blake yang terlalu ceplas ceplos, mengatakan kalau ia gendut dan melukai perasaannya, Violet memetuskan resign, awalnya Blake nggak mau soalnya dia sudah gonta ganti sekretaris dan nggak ada yang bertahan lama kecuali Vio
Monserrat Maxfield Markov

Creo que hasta ahora es mi historia favorita, y es que esta es la historia donde todo va despacio y él nunca le dice te amo, aunque si lo demuestra con sus acciones.

Disfruto mucho de estas historias a pesar de son un completo Cliché, pero es que son adictivas, desde que compre mi primer Harlequin en Walmart no paro de leer a mis Texanos. Y es que saber la historia de casi todos de Jacobsville es interesantisimo.

Veamos que otro drama-Texano me tiene en un futuro Diana Palmer.
Perdani Budiarti
Tiada yang terlalu spesial dari cerita khas Diana Palmer ini. Pola yang sama terulang, seorang gadis yang masih polos terpesona dengan pria yang lebih dewasa yang punya trauma dengan masa lalunya, terutama dengan pernikahan/keluarga.

Diceritakan si pria, Blake, coba-coba mendekati si gadis, menemukan kenyataan bahwa si gadis, Violet, memang benar-benar masih polos, berusaha menghindar, menyangkal kenyataan bahwa ada sesuatu di antara mereka, dan akhirnya bersedia menghabiskan sisa hidup berdua da
Ann Keller
Nov 10, 2013 Ann Keller rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, western
Attorney Blake Kemp has got to be one of the orneriest, stubborn men there is. Not only is he a terrible boss, barking orders like a general and demanding that the staff bring him coffee, but he seems to be just as prickly outside of the office, too.

By contrast, Violet Hardy, Blake’s secretary, is sweet and mild mannered. Whenever there is something that needs to be taken care of, it’s usually Violet who volunteers to help out. Unfortunately, Violet has been in love with Blake for some time, but
Mar 14, 2009 Primadonna rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
After reading several DP's books I come into this conclusion:

1. most of the male protagonists are jerks!

2. all of the girls are either virgins or inexperienced. And the guys are experienced. The girls usually wait for the one while it seems to be okay for the guys to sleep here and there.

3. most likely the guys will do something horrible like insulting the heroines, judging them unworthy, cheap and so on. Yet the heroines forgive them anyway. GAH!

I wonder what the message Palmer is trying to con
Sep 06, 2013 Krista rated it it was ok
This is the first book I read from the author the beginning was good I guess I kept waiting for it to get better but it sounded too much like a soap opera where there's a pregnancy, murder, affair, and characters are so and so's brother's friend's sister's friend's stepmother I don't know! I pretty much just started reading conversations, but it was to predictable and in the end left me wondering so does he really love her then? Or is he just replacing his dead girlfriend with Violet hoping he'l ...more
Amanda Sheila
Jun 01, 2013 Amanda Sheila rated it liked it
Good, but not reallytmy favorite.

Blake is lost when his assistant, Violet, quit and get a new job. He felt guilty and regrets for hurting her feeling. Violet can't handle Blake's remarks anymore. She realize that she's not pretty and not slim but she want some respects and she didn't get that from Blake. She had enough and she wants to get away from him no matter how much she loves him..

Good storyline but I don't feel the chemistry. I mean, in the end, Blake still have his former finacé haunti
Adriana Fogaça
Jul 03, 2013 Adriana Fogaça rated it it was amazing
Série Homens do Texas 32
A Tentação do Desejo
Diana Palmer

No começo fiquei muito chateada com Blake, essa mania de viver do passado e não perceber, o que o destino tava colocando a sua frente, me irritava profundamente. Mas como sempre, Diana Palmer sempre da um jeito para que nos apaixone pelo mocinho da história.

E nesse caso não é diferente. Sem esquecer de mencionar que Violet é uma fofa.

Também adoro este livro, porque além do romance de Blake e Violet, que é a história central da trama, há o
Apr 18, 2015 BookwormWithGoggles rated it did not like it
Did not finish. The hero was a selfish horrid man and the heroine was so passive and clueless. Nobody can be that naive and helpless. She was a doormat I got to a point where I just couldn't read any more of it.
Feb 14, 2015 Spinneretta rated it really liked it
Like many others, Diana Palmer is a guilty pleasure read for me :) This was actually the very first of her books I read ages ago, and it is even more enjoyable when you have read most of the books that precede it.
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Entah kenapa walau sudah membaca versi inggris dan terjemahan indonesia-nya, tetapi saya tetap menganggap buku ini kurang menarik, entah saya yg kurang mood membaca atau apa tp penggambaran karakter Blake yang menyebalkan membuat kita bener2 kasihan ma Violet. Walau temanya menarik dan terutama tergoda karena membaca kilasan2 kisah mereka pada buku Cattleman's Pride, tp ternyata kisah mereka sendiri bikin penasaran, sebenernya Blake gimana sih? karena sampe akhir pun dia gak pernah bilang cinta ...more
Apr 04, 2014 Shahnaaz rated it liked it
Really liked Blake in the previous book but slightly disappointed with his character in this book. Was expecting more. Cash and Judd were hilarious though.
Tesa Walker
I liked reading this book. It could have had a little more action, but it was still worth reading.
Mar 30, 2014 Bean rated it it was ok
Started good, but got boring in the middle. Half the book was about characters from other books.
Apr 05, 2015 Rosa rated it liked it
me desepciona que nunca dijera que la amaba, aunque sea algo que se suponga
Jul 16, 2015 Ana rated it really liked it
I never thought I would like it as much as I did
  • The Italian's Token Wife
  • The Italian Billionaire's Ruthless Revenge
  • Love's Legacy
  • The Markonos Bride
  • Boss Man (The Tycoon Club #2)
  • With a Southern Touch: Adam/A Night in Paradise/Garden Cop
  • Public Marriage, Private Secrets
  • An Insatiable Passion
  • Cavelli's Lost Heir (Modern Romance)
  • The Sultan's Virgin Bride (Harlequin Presents, No. 2637)
  • The Billionaire's Bride of Innocence (Three Rich Husbands, #3)
  • The Boss's Wife For A Week
  • The Billionaire Boss's Secretary Bride
  • Public Scandal, Private Mistress
  • Savage Surrender
  • The Winter Heart
  • The Bride Thief
  • The Sheikh's Destiny (Desert Nights #3)

Diana Palmer is a pseudonym for author Susan Kyle.

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's libera
More about Diana Palmer...

Long, Tall Texans (1 - 10 of 45 books)
  • Calhoun (Long, Tall Texans, #1)
  • Justin (Long, Tall Texans, #2)
  • Tyler (Long, Tall Texans, #3)
  • Sutton's Way  (Long, Tall Texans, #4)
  • Ethan (Long, Tall Texans, #5)
  • Connal (Long, Tall Texans, #6)
  • Harden (Long, Tall Texans #7)
  • Evan (Long, Tall Texans, #8)
  • Donavan (Long, tall Texans, #9)
  • Emmett (Long, Tall Texans, #10)

“live long enough to” 0 likes