Start by marking “Systematic Theology: Introduction/Bible” as Want to Read:
Systematic Theology: Introduction/Bible

Systematic Theology: Introduction/Bible

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  107 ratings  ·  8 reviews
This stand-alone, in-depth reference work is the culmination of the author's 30-plus years of study and research. In the introduction portion of this two-part book, Geisler examines the realities of the Christian faith, including the existence of God, the reality of truth, the nature of revelation, and guidelines for interpretation. Part two presents the origin of Scriptur ...more
Published July 1st 2002 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Systematic Theology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Systematic Theology

Ben De Bono
I had discussion with one of my professors this past week about Geisler. He made the comment, referring to Geisler, that not everyone who has an intellectual mind also possesses a subtle mind. It's a fascinating and important distinction that perfectly sums up everything that is right and wrong with this book. Geisler clearly knows his stuff. He's a logical thinker capable of building clear arguments in favor of his positions. But despite being able to put together a clear, logical argument, Gei ...more
Jesse Arsenault
I should note before I start that this is very much a layman's review of this book. I don't study theology formally in any way, and my impressions are just my personal interactions with the book in light of what few other theological works I've read.

This is Dr. Geisler's first in a series of four volumes covering the major fields of study within theology. And right from the beginning, it's clear that Geisler is not writing solely to expound upon his own theological views. This book is an intrigu
Bryant Rudisill
Thank God for theistic philosophers. Such an exhaustive precondition laid as a foundation to Dr. Geisler's magnum opus; and his prolegomena does well in supporting the weight of the first-story (an intimidating defense of the orthodox view of the Bible) of a seven-story construction.

I give ten stars because there was little to disagree with and much knowledge gained from his near-irrefutable rebuttal of classic and modern arguments against a theistic God and the divine-authority of Scripture.

I u
Michael
Systematic, indeed... and thorough. Hardly ever three points and done, get used to reading "fifteenthly ..." The prolegomena is an excellent overview of the necessary philosophical presuppositions and refutation of the faulty ones involved in an approach to theology.

The Bibliology section is repetitive (!), but serves to establish exactly what the evangelical position toward the Scriptures is.

Written at a surprisingly readable level. Should be easily read by the layman. Will serve well as a bib
Jacob Aitken
Geisler's idiosyncrasies aside, I actually kind of liked this book. It is very-well organized and is sensitive to a lot of critiques raised by Roman Catholics. Since he is not specifically dealing with Calvinism in this book, he therefore actually takes his arguments to the next level.
Jared Daugherty
This is a great introduction to systematic theology and why it matters when we study the Word of God. If we carefully interpret God's Word with God's Word we cannot fall into heresy nor redundancy.
Daniel
While other Volumes in this series may be less then useful, this Volume contains some useful references.
Tyler Farr
Good systematic theology for those of you who like Geisler.
Davo Harutyunyan
Davo Harutyunyan marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Clayton Blythe
Clayton Blythe marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2015
Jazal
Jazal marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Max Power
Max Power marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Rich Griffin
Rich Griffin marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Lisa Cline
Lisa Cline marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Carrie Jolly
Carrie Jolly marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Redundantthermos
Redundantthermos marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Matthew Hamrick
Matthew Hamrick is currently reading it
Mar 26, 2015
Josh Olds
Josh Olds marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
  • Systematic Theology
  • Moody Handbook of Theology
  • Jesus Under Fire: Modern Scholarship Reinvents the Historical Jesus
  • Why I Am Not a Calvinist
  • Arminian Theology: Myths and Realities
  • An Introduction to Systematic Theology: Prolegomena and the Doctrines of Revelation, Scripture, and God
  • Five Views on Law and Gospel
  • Reformed Dogmatics Volume 1 : Prolegomena
  • Systematic Theology
  • A New Systematic Theology of the Christian Faith
  • 20th-Century Theology: God and the World in a Transitional Age
  • Philosophical Foundations for a Christian Worldview
  • Basic Theology: A Popular Systematic Guide to Understanding Biblical Truth
  • Fundamentalism and American Culture
  • Black & Tan: A Collection of Essays and Excursions on Slavery, Culture War, and Scripture in America
  • The Doctrine of God (A Theology of Lordship)
  • Becoming Conversant with the Emerging Church: Understanding a Movement and Its Implications
  • God of Promise: Introducing Covenant Theology
Norman L. Geisler (PhD, Loyola University of Chicago) has taught at top evangelical colleges and seminaries for over fifty years and is distinguished professor of apologetics and theology at Veritas Evangelical Seminary in Murrieta, California. He is the author of nearly eighty books, including the Baker Encyclopedia of Christian Apologetics and Christian Ethics. He and his wife live in Charlotte, ...more
More about Norman L. Geisler...
I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist Christian Apologetics Baker Encyclopedia of Christian Apologetics When Skeptics Ask Chosen But Free