Start by marking “The Berenstain Bears and the Golden Rule” as Want to Read:
The Berenstain Bears and the Golden Rule

The Berenstain Bears and the Golden Rule (The Berenstain Bears Living Lights)

Should Sister Bear ignore the new girl at school just because her friends do? The Berenstain Bears and the Golden Rule shows children how choosing to be kind may not always be the easy choice. But it is always the right one.
Published September 28th 2008 by Zonderkidz (first published September 16th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Berenstain Bears and the Golden Rule, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Berenstain Bears and the Golden Rule

Shannon
Mar 11, 2015 Shannon rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
Yo leo ese libro todo en Espanol. Los osos son muy divertido, pero los manos de ellos (is "their" the same word for both humans and other species?) estan feos. Hermana aprende una lesson muy importante. Gracias para te que lees mi carta.
Renee Bedgood
Mar 26, 2016 Renee Bedgood rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the Berenstain Bears

The Berenstain Bears is a very nice story to teach what the golden rule means. Will sister bear apply the golden rule?
Margaret Chind
Sep 18, 2008 Margaret Chind rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone with children
Recommended to Margaret by: Jean Wang
It's been years since I have read any of the adventures with the Berenstain Bears, but it was definitely a strong part of my earliest childhood that I have spare memories of. The Berenstain Bears and the Golden Rule is a winner in my opinion and a shelf keeper for every family.

Sister Bear gets to learn more about that phrase she knows so well, but has never really considered. This classic is a wonderful learning tool for any child and I strongly recommend it. On the inside of the back cover is
Iman Tabbaa
Sep 02, 2012 Iman Tabbaa rated it really liked it
Shelves: guidance
Sister Bear receives a gold locket from her parents for her birthday. Inside the locket the words "Do to others what you would have them do for you" were inscribed. Sister Bear asks what this saying means,but still doesnt understand. She soon learns when a new girl named Suzy Mcgrizzie comes to school. Suzy is not considered cool and is left out by the other kids including;Sister Bear.That is until Sister Bear is reminded of a time she was left out and bullied by a group of girls. when she remem ...more
↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝
Apr 27, 2013 ↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝ rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: yes
★★★★★The Berenstain Bears and the Golden Rule by Stan and Jan Berenstain
This book teaches children the Golden Rule. When Sister receives a gold locket with the inscription, "Do to others as you would have them do to you," she wants to know what it means. And she learns to be nice to the new girl cub even if her friends don't.
This is a great book that teaches kids, it may not always be easy, but if you would not want to be treated a certain way, don't treat others like that. All children should l
Evelyn Matias
Nov 11, 2012 Evelyn Matias rated it really liked it
I love any book that teaches us the golden rule. This is a great book to read in the beginning of school to remind our students about the golden rule. How would you want to be treated? How do you think that person wants to be treated? This book is a constant reminder to do on to others as you would want done to you and it's a great lesson for the young and old.
Joshua
Sep 04, 2012 Joshua rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is fantastic, a book i remember from my childhood. I purchased the kindle edition of this for my daughters and they love it, to the extent that my daughters first memory verse is "Do to others as you would have them do to you. Matthew 7:12" I enjoyed this book as a boy, despite the fact it is heavily oriented towards girls.
Lindsey
Jan 02, 2013 Lindsey rated it it was amazing
My brother and sister-in-law gave this to my four year old son for Christmas and we have both really enjoyed it. I love reading it to him and he loves hearing it. It has been helpful in our conversations about how we treat our friends at school and on the playground. Highly recommend to parents and/or teachers.
Randie D. Camp, M.S.
My son is a huge fan of the Berenstain Bears, I am not. That being said, the book isn't completely horrible. My issue is that the B. B. series has very predictable, dull text and the story line is rather cheesy.

(I copied from a previous review because all the Berenstain Bears books are pretty similar.)
Laura Carby
This book was given to me by my supervising teacher during student teaching. I love this book. It teaches students about being treated the way you want to be treated and that you must show that you care for other people to get that kind of care in return. A great book to read to students the first week of school!
David Thompson
Nov 29, 2012 David Thompson rated it really liked it
This is an excellent book to teach the golden rule to children. It gives a real life situation of applying the golden rule where children can relate to it. I think that all children should read this book sometime in their childhood to help develop their empathy.
Dorian
Oct 09, 2013 Dorian rated it liked it
I think that this is a great book for reminding students about the golden rule. However, I don't think that they made it explicit enough that the friends were excluding the new student to teach it as effectively as possible.
Jan 29, 2010 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: friendship
This is a good book about friendship and how we treat our friends/people. It would also be a good read to read to students with there is a new student in the class. It's a great message for students about treating people they way we want to be treated.
chucklesthescot
Mar 23, 2011 chucklesthescot rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, children
Sister Bear notices a new girl at school who doesn't seem to fit in and doesn't have any friends. She remembers what is was like to feel that way and decides to offer a paw of friendship after some guidance from her parents.
hissi
Mar 02, 2011 hissi rated it liked it
Shelves: my-ebooks, children
I wanna hug Suzy T_T
Stacy
Jul 24, 2015 Stacy rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
Chad Lamb
Don't remember much about this one, but I do believe I read it.
Annique
Jan 09, 2015 Annique rated it liked it
It's about the Berenstain Bears. It's called the golden rule.
Tania
Dec 07, 2010 Tania added it
Shelves: friendship
This book is a classic teaches children about how to treat their friends.
Miri
Feb 27, 2014 Miri rated it really liked it
Sister bears learns the golden rule when a new girl comes to school and she chooses to be kind and treat the new cub the way she would like to be treated.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
The Bear family teaches important lessons!!
Julie
Dec 07, 2015 Julie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: grandkids-books
my grandson loved it.
Kimberly
Jul 03, 2012 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
The Berenstain Bears books are always wonderful with great underlying lessons of character and morals in a fun way. Great for young readers.
Jaime
Apr 12, 2012 Jaime rated it really liked it
We love all berenstain bear books!
Michelle Bouillon
The Golden Rule is something every child should know and I think this book is a good way to learn about it.
Nikki S
Dec 29, 2014 Nikki S rated it it was amazing
Read this to my little cousin! She adored it. Nice to see that some books that I loved as a kid are still getting the attention they deserve now!
Deborah Harris
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP
Tmmbry
Jan 01, 2016 Tmmbry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

Bye bye mean girls! This book shuts the mean girls philosophy down. Great for elementary readers. Boys and girls alike
Erica
Mar 14, 2012 Erica rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
Great book to teach little ones the importance of treating others the way they would want to be treated!
Missalissa
Missalissa rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2015
  • The Berenstain Bears: Safe and Sound!
  • Franklin Fibs
  • Fancy Nancy: Sees Stars
  • My Trip to the Hospital
  • The Biggest Valentine Ever
  • The Little Rabbit Who Wanted Red Wings
  • Brave Young Knight
  • The Scrambled States of America (Books for Young Readers)
  • The Usborne Encyclopedia of World Religions: Internet-Linked
  • Biscuit and the Baby
  • Ruby Bridges Goes To School: My True Story
  • I'm Glad I'm Me: Poems About You
More about Stan Berenstain...

The Berenstain Bears Living Lights (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • The Berenstain Bears: God Loves You! (Berenstain Bears)
  • The Berenstain Bears Go to Sunday School
  • The Berenstain Bears Give Thanks
  • The Berenstain Bears' Christmas Tree
  • The Berenstain Bears Discover God's Creation
  • The Berenstain Bears and a Job Well Done

“When Sister Bear received a beautiful golden locket for her birthday, she was surprised and pleased. It was shaped like a heart, and it had her name on it. “Happy birthday, dear!” said Mama and Papa Bear, giving her a big hug.” 1 likes