Start by marking “Cage of Night” as Want to Read:
Cage of Night

Cage of Night

This is Jim Thompson meets Stephen King." (Mysteries and More) In the deep woods, a well. In the well, a Voice. . . . The Voice speaks of lust, and blood, and murder to any who listen. Under the spell of Cindy Brasher, almost any young man will listen. In its first general release, here is Ed Gorman's underground classic of dark suspense--"An amazing noir like no other," d ...more
Published August 1st 1996 by White Wolf Games Studio (first published July 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Cage of Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cage of Night

Jon Recluse
Jun 24, 2013 Jon Recluse rated it it was amazing
No one writes like Ed Gorman, and this is one of his best. A masterwork of nail biting suspense and skin crawling creepiness.

Highest possible recommendation.
David
Dec 06, 2014 David rated it it was amazing
Another excellent thriller from the master. If you haven't read Gorman what are you waiting for??
Gravetapping
Aug 02, 2009 Gravetapping rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
CAGE OF NIGHT should be at the top of any horror / suspense readers list. It is a book that defies categorization, which is probably why it has not had the success it should. It has been released in two versions--a paperback edition published by White Wolf more than a few years ago and very recently in a limited edition hardcover from PS Publishing.

It is truly a classic of the macabre--part mystery, part suspense, and entirely chilling and haunting.
Debra
Sep 07, 2012 Debra rated it really liked it
Another book I read recently that had an unsuspected ending, yet in looking back I realize there were only a couple of ways it COULD end! Don't think I've read any Ed Gorman. This was good enough to make me try some more of his stuff.
Jool
Sep 29, 2016 Jool rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was indeed thrilling! Ed Gorman takes the reader on a delightful ride of suspense and psychological adventure - and will keep you guessing up until the end.
Jeff French
Aug 11, 2012 Jeff French rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one. I like how part of the narrative is told through an interview between an attorney and her client on death row, but we don't know who the client is. The main story is told through flashback. As it unfolds, the reader has to decide what is real and what isn't. No simple answers are provided. Even at the end, when I had formed my conclusions, I remembered part of the story that made me rethink everything. A very cool read.
Sam Hager
Jul 28, 2016 Sam Hager rated it it was amazing
Nick Morrow returns home from an army stint to become mesmerized by the beautiful Cindy Brasher and Nick wasnt the inly one obsessed. This is a tale of suspense, obsession and murder. Great writing I couldn't put it down.
Randy
Jul 20, 2008 Randy rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: horror fans
Recommended to Randy by: read about it on his blog
The author sent me an autographed copy through the mail at a reasonable price. A new copy at better prices than most of the used book sites.
It's a nice quick read, good story, something you can always count on Mr. Gorman delivering.
Phil
Phil rated it really liked it
Nov 23, 2009
Heath Lowrance
Heath Lowrance rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2012
Pauln
Pauln rated it liked it
Oct 27, 2014
Sally
Sally rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2012
William Watson
William Watson rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2016
Bookfan92
Bookfan92 rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2012
Teddy Vork
Teddy Vork rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2013
Cyber
Cyber rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2015
Guy Adams
Guy Adams rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2011
Daniel Carpenter
Daniel Carpenter rated it liked it
Dec 14, 2013
Rich
Rich rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2011
Bootles2hotmail.com
Bootles2hotmail.com rated it did not like it
Jul 13, 2015
Allen Richards
Allen Richards rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2011
Rhonda Gilliland
Rhonda Gilliland rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2012
Craig
Craig rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2008
Chuck Byrd
Chuck Byrd rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2016
Michael Brown
Michael Brown rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2012
Go76
Go76 rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2012
Gravetapping
Gravetapping rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2009
Tracy Peruman
Tracy Peruman rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2014
Timothy Youngs
Timothy Youngs rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2014
Clark
Clark rated it liked it
May 30, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »
Edward Joseph Gorman was born on November 2, 1941 in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. He spent 20 years in the advertising industry before leaving to write full-time in 1984. Since then, he has been incredibly prolific, averaging 2-3 novels a year in addition to many short stories, editing anthologies, and founding and editing Mystery Scene, the new magazine of the mystery field. He has written in many genres, ...more
More about Ed Gorman...