Start by marking “Are We Living in the End Times?” as Want to Read:
Are We Living in the End Times?

Are We Living in the End Times?

3.89  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,011 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
It's a fact: 27 percent of the Bible is devoted to prophecy. But most of us don't focus 27 percent of our personal Bible study on prophecy. Why? We're confused. Or intimidated. Or both. This book takes away a lot of the mystery—and "all" of the intimidation. From the creators of the Left Behind series—Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins—comes a truly astonishing book. User-friend ...more
Published December 1st 2000 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published November 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Are We Living in the End Times?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Are We Living in the End Times?

Jay Miklovic
Jul 18, 2011 Jay Miklovic rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: nobody.
Shelves: super-lame
I have always been dead set against burning books... this book might make me rethink that position

After around 200 pages I finally just had to set this one down. I've finished a number of bad books, but this is the worst book I have read in a long long time. I mean that.

In the first four pages LaHaye essentially undermines all pastors by planting seeds of doubt in the readers regarding their pastor's seminary training. He insinuates that the reason there is disagreement with his position on prop
Rachel
Jun 01, 2009 Rachel rated it it was amazing
I started reading it because of all of the world events. I bought it years ago, but felt the need to read it recently.
I do believe we are nearing Christ's return!
Joe Caplinger
Sep 29, 2011 Joe Caplinger rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book. It brings to light how the end of times could really come at any time. And points to technology advances we are seeing today as moving right along in the same direction that will lead to several of these prophecies being fulfilled. Things such as cashless systems and microchips to track health records and locate pets who may get lost we all think are awesome today but is only one step closer to the events that have been said will occur at the end of time.
Angela
Jul 12, 2011 Angela rated it it was amazing
I read this book after reading the entire (prequels and all) Left Behind Series. I found the outline of the book easy to follow. I didn't use any other reference guides to help, but followed the chapters-slowly. I am usually a speed reader so I deliberately slowed down and digested each chapter before moving on. I found the information fascinating, the charts clarified a lot, and I was anxiously awaiting the end.
Dianne Sagan
Oct 15, 2008 Dianne Sagan rated it really liked it
This is well written and shows us things about our times that show how they conincide with prophecy and how it is presented in the Left Behind series. Well worth the read.
G Ream
Dec 25, 2009 G Ream rated it really liked it
very good - scary for those who do not believe in Christ and His salvation
Daenel
Oct 04, 2011 Daenel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every time I read a book by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins, I learn something new. Based on their best~selling Left Behind series, Are We Living in the End Times is a three~part book that examines today’s culture to determine if we are the generation who will see Christ’s return. The second part of the book takes a step~by~step look at what will happen to those who are left behind after the Rapture and the last section examines the personalities who will shape end time events.

After discussing w
Omnipotent Dystopian Now
Straight Christian propaganda. If you're a Christian, I recommend it. Otherwise, don't waste your time, unless you're curious about cults and what not like I am. Although, this book doesn't contain as many contradictions and inconsistencies as the Bible. Wait, did I just contradict myself?
Lorraine
Nov 19, 2011 Lorraine rated it really liked it
Shelves: spirituality
What a shocker to read! This book is VERY thought provoking. I must say this series has changed my life.
Heidi
Jun 06, 2008 Heidi rated it did not like it
I don't like it when dispensational theology is presented as inarguable, undisputable, and self-evident.
Shirley
Jan 09, 2012 Shirley rated it it was amazing
A good look at end time prophecy. Matched up with what the Bible foretells.
Victoria Neely
Sep 27, 2007 Victoria Neely rated it it was amazing
It does a good explaination of the books and what is going to happen
Sarahtar
Feb 07, 2009 Sarahtar rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christianity
Clear and easy to understand
Dillon
Jul 28, 2011 Dillon marked it as to-read
morbid curiosity
Dana
Apr 30, 2012 Dana rated it liked it
I think that I would have enjoyed this book far more if I had been reading the updated version. The version that I read was from 1999. This means that it did not include 9/11 and also had predictions that have already past (they weren't specific predictions but they did mention that they thought it would occur by a certain time). It was very interesting and informative. I didn't finish it because I was having a hard time with some of the comments about everything in prophecy being so obvious. I ...more
Dana
Nov 19, 2014 Dana rated it it was amazing
Raised as a Catholic, I had NO IDEA what the Book of Revelations had to say. This book was amazing at breaking it down. I highly recommend it if you are curious about what the end looks like.
Shirley Kummer
Jul 25, 2015 Shirley Kummer rated it it was amazing
WOW! Lots to think about, talk to God about and lots of scripture to study on my own. Gave this book 5 stars because of the ALMOST endless research done to write what the authors trust to be acurate. Some pages I had to read twice to try and understand it all. Worth the read!!!
Charles M.
Author's purview of what the Bible has to say about our times and the end of the World. Although, he has some points; does not appear to be all that convincing...
Erika
Mar 02, 2012 Erika rated it liked it
What I thought to be some solid information that mostly lines up with other books I have read on this topic. I agree with other reviewers though who said his tone was a little much. Especially in the part where he talked about how sinful the world is becoming...his attitude on gays especially is a doozy. I'm a pretty conservative Christian myself, but I think I could safely qualify his words as spewing hate. And apparently the U.S. is a nation of obese, entertainment driven, amoral couch potatoe ...more
Damien Vasseur
Jul 21, 2009 Damien Vasseur rated it did not like it
Shelves: religious
Worst book ever. I'm serious. I wish I had the energy to write a book going into detail everything that is wrong with this book. Neither author understand history. No editor who reviewed it has any concept of academic research. They come up with a conclusion and searched long and hard for "facts" to fit their reality. If you want to understand people who truly believe the second coming and rapture...then read this. You will realize that you cannot argue with their beliefs because logic and REAL ...more
Matthew Broman
May 11, 2015 Matthew Broman rated it liked it
interesting book about the end of times from a biblical standpoint. I dunno if we are living in the last days but with all the insanity going on like never before it's hard to imagine sometHing big isn't coming soon
Jessica
Oct 16, 2015 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Jessica by: me
Very interesting and thought provoking.
Susan Robinson
Apr 18, 2016 Susan Robinson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Taking a seminary course (Island Bible Institute) and this is one of the course books. Highly recommend for every reader. The information is presented in a clear and understand manner. It helps open the door to understand the book of Revelation and the end times.
Barbara
May 05, 2012 Barbara rated it it was amazing
Amazing reading. Alot of History (that I wasn't interested in when I was in school). Really tells how things in this time come together with prophesies from the bible.

Read and tell me what you think!!
Oct 11, 2013 Jennifer rated it did not like it
Wrong. We are not living in the end times. LaHaye totally ignores what Jesus says in the gospels about the timing of his Parousia (Second Coming).
Anne Hawn Smith
Jul 02, 2015 Anne Hawn Smith rated it really liked it
This a sample book I got from Amazon. I am going to try to get it through the library. It looks interesting.
Shane
Aug 26, 2011 Shane rated it did not like it
I could not believe how horrible this book was. Only read it to answer questions asked during the Left Behind craze.
Belebe
Apr 22, 2014 Belebe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
The more I read, the more worried I am for the unsaved friends and relatives... :( Time is running out...
Carolyn Dove
Apr 22, 2009 Carolyn Dove added it
Recommends it for: everyone
This book goes along with the Left Behind Series
John Graham
Apr 17, 2012 John Graham rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Important devotional that fuels my witness.
  • Storm Warning
  • Study Bible KJV - Scofield Reference Bible
  • Every Prophecy of the Bible
  • Charismatic Chaos
  • Not Good If Detached
  • Writing for the Soul: Instruction and Advice from an Extraordinary Writing Life
  • Hard Sayings of Jesus
  • Demonology
Timothy "Tim" F. LaHaye is an American evangelical Christian minister, author, and speaker, best known for the Left Behind series of apocalyptic fiction, which he co-wrote with Jerry B. Jenkins.

He has written over 50 books, both fiction and non-fiction.
More about Tim LaHaye...

“The New Testament clearly teaches that there are many ‘demons’ but only one ‘devil.” 2 likes
“Since the accuracy rate for the fulfillment of Bible prophecy so far has been 100%, we can be confident that it will continue to be so. No other religion in the world has such confirming evidence to inspire its faith.” 2 likes